PDA

View Full Version : Leave Rules

madhusudhana
01-12-2011, 11:26 AM
One section officer of an office given a circular regarding Leave application with following rules

1. CL cannot be taken during the first part of the year, the application for CL should be submitted before 5 working days. the total period of leave in case of CL including prefix and suffix should not exceed 10 days.

2. one cannot avail more number of G/H, R/H as suffix and prefix with CL.

3. EL application should be submitted before 06 weeks minimum period. Application should not be forwarded casually.

4. EL for 1 day or two days with prefix and suffix should be discouraged.

5.Leave applications should not be encouraged.

Is this circular is in order? what actual leave rules says regarding above points .
it is very difficult to get leave with above rules as anybody can get a situation in which he has to apply leave in a short .
span of time.
Request to throw some light on these points .

RKPATHAK
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
The act is nothing but napotism. No alternate when in rome be roman

veraich
09-12-2011, 08:07 PM
1. Leave is not a matter of right.
2. When exigencies of service require, leave of any kind can be denied or revoked.

However, there is not rules preventing CL in first part or any other part of year. Rather an employee joining during middle of year is allowed proportionate CL or even full CL. While such request should definitely be intimated well in time so that the work does not suffer. CL is restricted to max 5 days in a spell. can be combined with Spl CL only and not with any other kinda leave.
3 and 4 are more of procedural but i perceive, once the recommending and sanctioning authority agree to EL, only purpose left is debiting of leave account. EL for one day is admissible.
GID (1) udner Rule 7 of CCS (Leave) Rules indicates Govt. servants to be encouraged to take leave regularly so that they return to work keen and refreshed.

All the best. But do as romans

HS

prasannakumar
10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
2. When exigencies of service require, leave of any kind can be denied or revoked.

However, there is not rules preventing CL in first part or any other part of year. Rather an employee joining during middle of year is allowed proportionate CL or even full CL. While such request should definitely be intimated well in time so that the work does not suffer. CL is restricted to max 5 days in a spell. can be combined with Spl CL only and not with any other kinda leave.
3 and 4 are more of procedural but i perceive, once the recommending and sanctioning authority agree to EL, only purpose left is debiting of leave account. EL for one day is admissible.
GID (1) udner Rule 7 of CCS (Leave) Rules indicates Govt. servants to be encouraged to take leave regularly so that they return to work keen and refreshed.

HS

I fully agree with you. The rules are framed not only for smooth functioning, but also for the benefit of the employee (not for its misuse by the heads or employees)

Prasanna Kumar

madhusudhana
13-12-2011, 08:28 PM

HS

Thanks for your views. I request you to give more clarifications regarding this with circulars or office order numbers so that we can give it to the concern office.

sinha_audit
13-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Just "ask" for their kind "permission" to transmit such an exemplary and marvelously crafted office order to be forwarded to DoPT; so that other departments may also be benefitted. Then see what happens.

madhusudhana
14-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Just "ask" for their kind "permission" to transmit such an exemplary and marvelously crafted office order to be forwarded to DoPT; so that other departments may also be benefitted. Then see what happens.

Thanks for reply I have the copy of the circular shall Isend it directly to DoPT or should i send it through office. kindly reply.

sinha_audit
14-12-2011, 09:11 PM
dear friend,
You dont have to send it as of now. First, address your Office Head (local) regarding the order in question stating that you think it to be given "wide publicity" for "larger benefit" of all Central Govt. Departments; 'coz such an order is probably no where under force.

(Pun intended, don't put phrases under quotes as I have done here. These were to accentuate the satire).

Your office would now be facing the choice of either withdraw this stupid order immediately or face the consequences by the higher authorities.

Hope this would help.

madhusudhana
13-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks for your previous reply. I have asked our office to send it to all offices and to DoPT but they have refused to do so and they told this is local order issued by local admin branch so it will followed as long as they don't cancel it or modify it. Recommending officer said he don't have any thing to do with it he will just follow it.

I want to send it to DoPT kindly give me the address and other details.

Madhusudhana