PDA

View Full Version : LTC to N/E STATES BY FLIGHT

L.MANJUNATHA
22-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Dear Sir,
I am working as an Assistant Engineer (Group B Gazetted) with a Grade pay of Rs 4,600/- in a central autonomous Institute. My home town and place of working are the same and hence can not avail ‘HOME TOWN LTC’. kindly clarify whether I am eligible to avail ALL INDIA LTC to NER/ J& K by flight from my place of working. Kindly reply.
L.Manjunatha.

Ramnath
22-11-2011, 08:33 PM
LTC to J&K: - You can visit on Anywhere in India LTC also (if hometown ltc is not available for you since working in hometown itself). But you can travel only by your mode of transport entitlement (as your grade pay is below Rs.5400) upto Delhi/Amritsar. From there, you can travel by air and even by private airlines also.

LTC to NER: Being Group B officer (though grade pay is Rs.4600), you are eligible to travel by air from your place of posting to any place in NER or any airport nearby NER.
But strictly by Air India only.

Victor
22-11-2011, 09:43 PM
The issue is can he convert Home Town (which is also his place of posting) LTC to visit J&K/NER.

In this connection please refer to clarification No. 5&8 of OM dated 14.5.2008 (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/CCS_LTC_Rules.pdf).

In my opinion he can avail All India LTC to visit NER/J&K by air.

Victor

prashantha
23-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Yes, u are eligible to avail LTC under "Any Place in India" to NER/JK since your Hometown is the same. The last cut-off date to avail LTC to NER is 1st May'12 & to JK 18th June,2012.
pnk

RKPATHAK
23-11-2011, 11:18 AM
LTC for north eastern region is in conversion Home Town LTC. As such a GS not eligible for HOme Town LTC not eligible