PDA

View Full Version : LTC eligibility for Spouse

imported_admin
27-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Mr C.Balakrishna sought clarification as follows.

I am a Divisional Accounts Officer (Gazetted) working in the Office of the Accountant General (TamilNadu), India and my spouse is working in Securities and Exchange Board Of India(An Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Finance, India)

My spouse has got LFC Scheme(Leave Fare Concesion) Scheme where she can travel alongwith her dependents to any where in India/abroad within her limits. She has to submit a declaration for each journey availed with her LFC that the fare will be claimed in her organisation only and not in her spouse organisation.

I have got the LTC scheme as per the Central Government Rules which comprises of a four year block and a home town block. My office says that either of us only can opt for this scheme.

I would like to know whether both of us can claim for different journeys for our families since her organisation is an Autonomous body. For eg., if she claims this year by using her LFC Scheme for x journey, whether I can claim for Y journey by using my LTC scheme. I would also like to refer to LTC Rules which says that LTC is not applicable for spouses working in Indian Railways/Airlines only.

gokul1969
27-06-2008, 08:40 PM
i think only one person is eligible because for me also i am not allowed to avail LTC in two places. In my case, i am working in a autonomous organisation and my wife is working in Insurance. But i avail LTC through my wife organisation only.

VKChawla
27-06-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a strong conviction that you can not avail two benefits at same time. The same holds good for medical claim also. You have to chose best of two available.You can not have ladoos in both hands.
Regards
Chawla:(

Rajesh Sharma
14-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Para. 6 of CCS LTC rules reads as under;

When the spouse of the Government servant is employed in an office other than a central government office where LTC facilities are available.- The central government servant should furnish a certificate as under at the time of preferring the claim for LTC:-

Certified that my wife/husband for whom LTC is claimed by me is employed in ----------, which provides leave travel concession facilities but he/she has not preferred and will not prefer, any claim in this behalf to his/her employer ------Order No: 25

As per the above rule provision when one claims LTC from Central Govt. Office for a particular journey, his/her spouse should not claim LTC from his/her employer for the same journey.

In LTC rules it is clearly mentioned that when husband and wife are Central government servants the husband or wife who avails LTC as a member of the family of spouse cannot claim LTC independently for self (Para. 1 of LTC rules). Whereas in case spouse is employed in PSU (other than Central Govt.) this condition is not applicable. In such situation the Para 6 quoted above should be applicable.

As per para 6 mentioned above, there is a clear-cut provision that one should declare that his/her spouse who is employed in a PSU (OFFICE OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT.) which provides LTC facilities has not availed and will not avail any claim in this behalf to her employer. This means that when husband/wife is availing LTC from Central Govt. Office, his/her wife/husband should not simultaneously claim LTC from his/her employer for the same journey.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, ONE CAN AVAIL LTC FROM CENTRAL GOVT OFFICE AND \"OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT.OFFICE\", PROVIDED THE \"OTHER THAN CENTRAL GOVT OFFICE\" DOES NOT HAVE A RULE PROVISION PROHIBITING LTC.

jitendraacr
23-09-2008, 11:11 PM
i also agree with the view of Shri Rajesh Sharma. It is very clear that both husband and wife can avail LTC facility of their respective organisation but not at the same time.

kailashbansal
04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
consider this Mr & Mrs X are both working in central govt....
1. Mr x with family (Mrs X + 2 kids) goes to kashmir and claims LTC (say in Apr 2009).
2. Now Mrs X with family (Mr X + 2 Kids) goes to NE and claims LTC (say in July 2009).

Is it ok..... If what is said earlier then only one is permitted and not both.

CGman
16-02-2009, 11:00 AM
We are discussing about the EXISTING LTC RULE PROVISION, when wife and husband are working in Central Govt. and "other than Central Govt" respectively.

It is very clearly mentioned in CCS LTC rules that if wife AND husband are working in "central govt. service" ONLY one can avail LTC. Hence no question of discussion on this issue IF BOTH ARE CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES.

But when wife/husband is a "central Govt employee" AND his/her spouse is working in "other than central govt. organisation" (like PSU, Banks etc.) the above rule does not apply. In such situation AS PER CCS LTC rules the central govt. employee should furnish a statement as mentioned in the above rule.

It may be noted that as per the rule provision mentioned above BOTH can avail LTC from THEIR respective offices, as the existing rule provision does not clearly mentions about it.

Also there are cases where the spouse works in an organisation ("other than central Govt. Oraganisation") where LTC is for a period based on their date of joining (eg. Block year from 13 November 2005 to 12 November 2007), where as in central govt. it is fixed (i.e. 01-01-2005 to 31-12-2008), which is al together a different block.

Hence if we are talking about the existing rule provisions mentioned in CCS LTC rule there is nothing which prevent BOTH to avail LTC, if one is working in "central Govt. service) and other in "other than central Govt. Organisation"

PUNE2009
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Is there any clarification in CCS rules about LTC for minor children of broken family?