PDA

View Full Version : leave contribution/pension contribution

npsingh
13-11-2011, 09:54 AM
An employee proceeds to an Autonomous body on direct recruitment basis. He was relieved by his department keeping lien for two years. If after one year employee wants to be repatriated to his parent organisation, then the intervening period will be treated as foreign service for which foreign employer is supposed to pay leave contribution and pension contribution. Since terms and conditions of foreign service were not decided before hand, how can they be decided in that eventuality. Can foreign employer evade these contributions (keeping in mind that these liabilities were there on foreign employer for the employee recruited on direct recruitment basis) and what are other options.

RKPATHAK
13-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Rates of leave service and pension service are defined which are 11% of pay drawn and at the rates specified with the highest of the pay one is holding in parent organisation. Either foreign employee or the GS to pay the ls/pc to get the benefit of service rendered in foreign organisation

npsingh
16-11-2011, 09:49 AM
my query starts from very question whether this period will be treated as foreign service or not? if not then what will be the treatment given to this period & how will it be regularised? I welcome valuable comments of all esteemed friends. Comments from our senior member Mr. Victor are particularly solicited. plz share your views quickly.

Victor
17-11-2011, 10:43 AM
my query starts from very question whether this period will be treated as foreign service or not? if not then what will be the treatment given to this period & how will it be regularised? I welcome valuable comments of all esteemed friends. Comments from our senior member Mr. Victor are particularly solicited. plz share your views quickly.

The concept of lien applies only in case of appointment of govt. servants from one central govt. department to another or from central govt. to state govt. It does NOT apply in cases of immediate absorption from central govt. to an autonomous body.

Victor