PDA

View Full Version : reimbursement on third delivery

rakeshkt2
26-10-2011, 03:09 AM
my wife was admitted in hospital due to critical labor condition and cesarion operation was performed. However, it was the birth of my third child. Now my office say that i am not entitled for reimbursement since the operation was for delivery of third child.
Plz guide me whether i am entitled for the reimbursement or not. If some clarification/circulars are issued, the same may please be communicated.

prasannakumar
26-10-2011, 07:03 PM
In my opinion, as the medical expenses is reimbursable for treatment of dependents and the child whether it is 2nd or 3rd, it has to be reimbursed. However, for LTC, CCL and other facilities, it is restricted to 2 children only.

I do not know the rules governing this issue. Other learned members please....

Prasanna Kumar

Victor
26-10-2011, 07:41 PM
my wife was admitted in hospital due to critical labor condition and cesarion operation was performed. However, it was the birth of my third child. Now my office say that i am not entitled for reimbursement since the operation was for delivery of third child.
Plz guide me whether i am entitled for the reimbursement or not. If some clarification/circulars are issued, the same may please be communicated.

There is NO restriction on medical treatment / reimbursement for 3rd child. Restrictions are specifically indicated in cases like Maternity Leave, Child Care Leave, LTC, etc.

Kindly check the definition of "Family" in CGHS/Medical Attendance Rules. Alternatively you can ask your admin to show the relevant rules where the reimbursement is barred.

Victor