PDA

View Full Version : Cost of LTC 80 Ticket for Kolkata-Chennai-Trivanderum Rs.28,500 is higher than normal

Dr.I.N.Mukherjee
18-10-2011, 12:11 PM
My coleague is going on LTC for visiting South India in Dec,11.While he went for booking Air Tickets for Self & family,the following has happened:

Cost of LTC 80 Air India's Air Ticket for Kolkata-Chennai-Trivandrum (Onward Journey) & Chennai-Kolkata (Return Journey) per person is Rs.28,500/- as told at the Air India City booking counter at Kolkata.Whereas normal Air AndiaTicket in the Economy Class for the same journey (both Onward & Return) on the same days is Rs.15,020/-per person. As such,he booked four Tickets @ Rs.15,020/- i.e.Total Rs.60,080/- .Pl. intimate immediately whether he would be eligible for his LTC claim even if he did not book LTC 80 Air Ticket which have been found to be of higher cost than the normal one.Pl. quote relevant DOPT Rules as the case may be.:mad:

Victor
18-10-2011, 12:53 PM
My coleague is going on LTC for visiting South India in Dec,11.While he went for booking Air Tickets for Self & family,the following has happened:

Cost of LTC 80 Air India's Air Ticket for Kolkata-Chennai-Trivandrum (Onward Journey) & Chennai-Kolkata (Return Journey) per person is Rs.28,500/- as told at the Air India City booking counter at Kolkata.Whereas normal Air AndiaTicket in the Economy Class for the same journey (both Onward & Return) on the same days is Rs.15,020/-per person. As such,he booked four Tickets @ Rs.15,020/- i.e.Total Rs.60,080/- .Pl. intimate immediately whether he would be eligible for his LTC claim even if he did not book LTC 80 Air Ticket which have been found to be of higher cost than the normal one.Pl. quote relevant DOPT Rules as the case may be.:mad:

Yes this is admissible. Kindly refer to OM dated 4.3.2011 in this regard (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/dept_expenditure/notification/tour_ltc/Guideline_airtravel_04mar2011.pdf).

Victor

amit2301
18-10-2011, 02:39 PM
But then, that particular day's LTC-80 fare has to be furnished and certified by AI. Otherwise, there's an old circular that is very popular with DDOs (who swear by that) and restrict airfares.

Dr.I.N.Mukherjee
18-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Dear Amit & Victor,

Many thanks.

Whatever said by Air India staff at the time of booking has been stated here i.e.for Kolkata-Chennai-Trivandrum (Onward Journey) & Chennai-Kolkata (Return Journey) per person is Rs.28,500/-!How to get LTC 80 fare & that too for a particular day?Which order is favourite to DDO?

amit2301
19-10-2011, 03:07 PM
The favourite LTC-80 fares can be downloaded from 90paisa.blogspot.com. Even a google search 'latest ltc 80 circular or airfare' will yield the result. But then, without the Air India stamp, that airfare cited in the circular shall hold good.
As for your question"How to get LTC 80 fare & that too for a particular day?": A letter has to be written to the Manager or whosoever is responsible at the AI Office requesting him for that day's LTC-80 fare. But, please remember that without the Air India stamp on the ticket, that airfare cited in the circular shall hold good.
regards
Amit

amit2301
19-10-2011, 03:07 PM
pls send your email id so that I can send a copy of the circular to your mailbox.

RKPATHAK
19-10-2011, 09:10 PM
It is admissible

amit2301
20-10-2011, 11:11 AM
But Pathaksa'ab, our DDO has declined such payments citing that particular circular. Can you pls send me a copy of the rules so that a host of my colleagues may be benefited to my email id [email protected]?

RKPATHAK
20-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Victor has already uploaded the same on the website. Kindly go through and show it to your DDO