PDA

View Full Version : unfair, unjust and partisan treatment

amit2301
14-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I am a subject of unfair, unjust and partisan treatment by my accounts section.
I would like to know:
a. if the deliberate denial of 10 days' encashment of EL while on LTC can be a violation of basic human rights and if it may be referred to in CAT (under which section) so that the guilty may be punished.
b. if LTC advance for LTC-80 of AI can be calculated and paid arbitrarily so that a person may be harassed and plunged into deep financial mess?

RKPATHAK
15-10-2011, 02:04 PM
sometime you get stupid management and be victim of harassment. Hope for better

sinha_audit
15-10-2011, 05:06 PM
1. If you had applied for the leave encashment prior to the commencement of outward journey, this may me paid even now based upon pay and DA on the date of availing LTC.

2. Amount admissible had to be paid while adjustment. Sometimes, Admn. "distributes" available funds between applying employees and adjustments are carried out on submission of bills / receipt of funds. Returning to your query, office should normally take into account viable estimates of air-journey costs furnished by the authorised agent.

I hope your Admn wing would be able to address genuine concerns of the employees.

amit2301
16-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you Sh. Pathak and Sh. Sinha for your replies.
My point was different. On CVC day we pledge ourselves to work without any ire or favour towards any one. This person, in his all intentions to harass me, has not released the EL encashment and released a meagre 60% of LTC advance. An enquiry is on as to what made him act such whereas he has paid 90% alongwith the EL encashment to all colleagues who undertook LTC recently to J&K from Kolkata.
Now, my question to the honourable members is whether this deliberate denial of 10 days' encashment of EL while on LTC can be a violation of basic human rights and if it may be referred to in CAT (under which section) so that the guilty may be punished and he refrains from such acts against any employee in the future.
The point of release of payment to the tune of 90% alongwith the EL encashment to all colleagues who undertook LTC recently to J&K from Kolkata, except me, is a partisan treatment which I'm pitching for. Please advice.

best regards
Amit

RKPATHAK
16-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes the act of your office can be termed as nepotism a kind of corruption defined by CVC

amit2301
17-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks a ton Sh. Pathak for your reply.
Is there any provision/rule where I can pull this guy up for this demeanour? All in our office suffer silently and do not protest. His language is too foul to describe but then, everyone is afraid to take him to task as he pays the salaries and advances ;P

sinha_audit
20-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Dear Amit, does NOT pay you, rather just SUPERVISES the payments. Anyway, to answer your question, you, along with all affected people, separately, may represent against such wilful, stubborn and unethical behaviour of your boss to the authority next higher to him with copy endorsed to the Dept. of Personnel. If the matter may be taken up by your union, it would be helpful.

I think this will serve the purpose.

amit2301
21-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks Sh Sinha. I believe in God and hope in due course the person responsible will realise this too. Self realisation is most essential and affective rather than meeting out punishments. An organisation needs to run and function professionally. If it doesn't, it talks a great deal about the person at the helm of affairs. Let me give you a good example. Our DDO goes to Chennai on a personal trip from Kolkata and claimed TA/DA from the office. Only if the audit was a bit stringent, he couldn't have escaped. The entire accounts section claims TA/DA for local tours (fictitious). I do not know how this escapes the eyes of the auditors! Everyone needs to be vigilant.

sinha_audit
21-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I could not believe my eyes when I just read what you have reported. Every official journey HAS to be approved by the next higher authority (even post-facto sanction would do where there was not enough time to obtain sanction before hand) and invariably, copy of the sanction has to be attached with the TA/DA claim. Your DDO is not audacious, he must be a fool. I can not comment on how repeatedly audit is missing such mundane examination, but this is for certain that he along with pre-checkers in your office would be in a soup as and when the matter surfaces, even after his retirement.

amit2301
21-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Thank you again Sh. Sinha for your comments.
The higher authority (GP 10000) simply signs his bills as he's only 3 months left in service out of fear that his retirement dues may not be processed on time. He thus gets that courage to misbehave with him too. It is for this reasons that he has the guts to say "aise senior officers ko main pocket mein lekar ghoomta hoon" and got courage to harass the likes of me (GP 7600).

RKPATHAK
21-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Let me narraate true incident. An officer head of office was allergic to grant leave and all staff member in his office were fed up. The officer planned pleasure trip along with his family to Bombay and asked his PA to arrange ticket. The PA immediately called for secret meeting of all the staff members and collected equal amount of fare and purchased one set of ticket for Calcutta for officer and his family and asked the Driver to bring the officer at railway station just at the eleventh hour, i.e., 2-3 minuts before departure of the train. At that time in Delhi train for Bombay start from Platform No.4 and for Calcutta from Platform No.5 and almost same time. All the staff members were at the station with flower bouquet and other gifts. When the officer arraived at the station the PA approached him shown his name in the chart and hurridly asked him to board the train and arranged to settle his luggage and the train departed for Calcutta. After that officer not returned to Delhi and sought transfer

sinha_audit
21-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks Sh. Pathak for sharing the prank played on that officer. Authorities not granting leave even on genuine reasons must not be getting support from the subordinates. Of course, there are various "defunct" like departments and offices where active decision making and constructive team work is absent. Such stubborn and foolish behaviour of bosses would help only in lowering collective morale of employees.

Sh. Amit, I dont know which totalitarian set-up you work in where a GP 10000 person is ridiculed upon. The baseless worries of a competent authority has already converted him into the most incompetent. He is actually dis-serving his department in allowing himself to be a mere rubber stamp and to be carried away on the whims and fancies of his subordinate. I wish I were given the responsibility of conducting Audit of your office ;)