PDA

View Full Version : LTC 80 Confusion

pcsarkar
14-10-2011, 10:25 AM
While Govt. employees are under obligation to purchase air tickets from Air India only, when availing LTC, they are also under obligation to purchase LTC -80 tickets from Air India, that too from authorised agents like ITDC or directly from Air India, Now Air India has classified LTC-80 tickets into 2 categories: LTC-V and LTC-W, depending upon sector (for economy class). Consequently, the tickets issued by Air India have LTC-V or LTC-W endorsed on them, not LTC-80. Details are available in Air India website at: Air India Web Fares (http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Downloads/WebFares.pdf) and also toll free numbers of Air India at: 1800 180 1407. None these issues are mentioned anywhere in any recent Govt circular, or authenticated publications like Swamy's. Consequently, the office refers to the old circulars and insists that LTC-80 be endorsed on the tickets, although the employee has no control on what is to be printed on the tickets. Can anybody suggest any solution to this mess??

RKPATHAK
14-10-2011, 10:49 AM
LTC80 ticket is to be purchsed from the counter of Air India only on production of identity card

pcsarkar
14-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Friend, your reply is irrelevant. I am aware that LTC-80 tickets can be purchased from AI counters. Perhaps you are not aware that they can also be purchased from authorised agents like ITDC. But the issue here is not purchase.. the issue is endorsing tickets with LTC-V or LTC-W, instead of LTC-80.

ramesh keshari
14-10-2011, 09:44 PM
LTC 80 IS NOTHING BUT ONLY A LINE OF CONCESSION GIVEN TO GOVT. EMPLOYEE BY THE MINISTRY OF CIVIL AVIATION ON DATED 31.12.2008

As per Circular issued by General Manager (Commercial) NACIL (I) Northern Region, IGI Airport Terminal No. 1, New Delhi dated 01.04.2011 :
(1) LTC 80 Fare will be renamed as LTC-W and hence GEIP Fare will be charged.
(2) LTC Q Fare will be renamed as LTC-V and hence WEIP Fare will be charged.

You can also see Table IV-Air India FARE UNDER LTC SCHEME on:
http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Downloads/WebFares.pdf

I hope now you would be satisfied.

pcsarkar
14-10-2011, 09:54 PM
LTC 80 IS NOTHING BUT ONLY A LINE OF CONCESSION GIVEN TO GOVT. EMPLOYEE BY THE MINISTRY OF CIVIL AVIATION ON DATED 31.12.2008

As per Circular issued by General Manager (Commercial) NACIL (I) Northern Region, IGI Airport Terminal No. 1, New Delhi dated 01.04.2011 :
(1) LTC 80 Fare will be renamed as LTC-W and hence GEIP Fare will be charged.
(2) LTC Q Fare will be renamed as LTC-V and hence WEIP Fare will be charged.

You can also see Table IV-Air India FARE UNDER LTC SCHEME on:
http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Downloads/WebFares.pdf

I hope now you would be satisfied.

Thank you, friend. Any idea as to how I can get the above circular dt. 01.04.2011 of NACIL? Your reply will be highly appreciated.

RKPATHAK
15-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Simply click the link ramesh kesari provided

pcsarkar
15-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Simply click the link ramesh kesari provided

Pathakjee, you are a senior member of this Forum. Why do you keep on writing rubbish, I don't understand. The link that Mr Ramesh has given is already present in my initial post. It is a list of various web fares of AI, under various categories. Here, we are looking for a specific notification or circular of Air India, clearly mentioning that LTC-80 has been henceforth categorised into LTC-V and LTC-W. Audit, being old fashioned, demands that LTC-80 be printed on the tickets, and refuses to recognize LTC-V etc.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have written a direct letter to the GM (Commercial), NACIL, New Delhi, as mentioned by Mr Ramesh, requesting for a copy of the aforesaid circular. Let's see what happens now.