PDA

View Full Version : RTI Charges

prasannakumar
13-10-2011, 07:32 PM
It is a known fact that for seeking information under RTI, a fee of Rs. 10/- by way of cash, DD and postal order. I would like to know from learned members that,

1. Can a government employee shall seek any information from his own department.
2. If it a data or information of a large number of pages, what is the charges to paid (per page of information)

Prasanna Kumar

amit2301
13-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Reply to 1.: Yes, any employee may seek information that is not classified as sensitive by the government by making an application along with a voucher/dd/payorder of rs. 10.
Reply to 2.: It is advisable to limit your application within 150-200 words maximum, be specific and ask for all documents that may support your claim.

SASI
13-10-2011, 08:56 PM
It is a known fact that for seeking information under RTI, a fee of Rs. 10/- by way of cash, DD and postal order. I would like to know from learned members that,

1. Can a government employee shall seek any information from his own department.
2. If it a data or information of a large number of pages, what is the charges to paid (per page of information)

Prasanna Kumar

Charges to be paid for information is "rupees two (Rs. 2/-) for each page ( in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied".

sasi

m2k_kastoor
16-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes in respect of both queries, I agreed with SASI and Amit's opinion...

Regards
Manoj Kastoor

prasannakumar
16-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks to one and all

Prasanna Kumar