PDA

View Full Version : 1st instalment of Arrears of Pension

sundarar
17-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Although the revised pension as per the 6th CPC Pensioners' Table for the month of September 2008 has been disbursed through the concerned Bank Branch, the 1st instalment (40%) of arrears of revised pension effective from 1.1.2006 to 31.8.2008 has not yet been released. May I know the reason for this delay please? Rgds.

sudacgwb
17-10-2008, 07:28 PM
The fact govt came out (regarding pension) with 3 OMs in September and two OMs in the first week of October followed by the one of 15th Oct. 2008 clearly shows doubts existed about the computation of pension and arrears.

The banks have disbursed the arrears after the pension of Sept. 2008 and the same will be corrected with another disbursement wherever the calculation of revised pension was not correct.

I am sure the pensioner, if visit their bank now, will find the arrears deposited in the account!

sundarar
17-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Kindly visit http://pensionersportal.gov.in/sixthCPC/No.38-37-08-PPW141008%20.pdf for latest O.M. dated 14.10.2008 on the issue of Arrears, etc. to pensioners. Rgds

sudacgwb
17-10-2008, 09:53 PM
It is essential to look into 3 OMs (either for post or for pre 1.1.2006 retirees) and finally 14/10/2008 and compute the revised pension / arrears and the responsibility of Disbursing Banks.

The link for all OMs to be used by the pensioners can be downloaded from the site http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/index.html

Kanaujiaml
29-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Dear Pensioner brothers. I have received 40% arrears and New pension from Sept08, calculated on the basis of simple formula i. e. 2.26 X basic pensio as on 01 01 06. Final pension is yet not calculated/disbursed. It is perhaps because of 3 different OMs. You know all about it. When contacted, Banks have told us that they are unable to cope with the work as they are short of staff. I hope this would continue like this. Nobody has time to look into the matter. Om dated 14 10 08 directed that the final revised pension with 40% arrears be paid in a week' time. More than a month has already passed. I do not know what is happening elsewhere ?

vnatarajan
30-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Mr K,
I have posted some details in other parallel thread "Clarifications...... etc".
At Chennai, most of us have received first payment as per 2.26 formula of OMs of 1st Sept/ 3rd Oct in late Sept/ early to mid-Oct. We had also received the 40% arrears.
Few of the lot-repeat few of the lot- for whom 2.26 formula was not beneficial - particularly scales S-29/ 30 have got their pensions fixed by banks and they will be getting the
re-revised "mutilated" (as I call it) pension -wh will be higher than the 2.26 formula- ie the Nov pension wh will be paid at that rate. So the corresponding arrear difference will take sometime for banks to calculate and we will hopefullt recieve the same in Dec.
In my Bank's br- I have helped them to sort out the cases(pensioners/ family pensioners) wh may need refixation as per OM of 14th Oct - ie if beneficial/ more than 2.26 formula cases- and they have noted for actions on such cases.
Due - Drawn statements are furnished concurrently by SBI/ some of its branches/ a few other Nationalised banks-branches till now. Not all. May take some time.
Regards
vnatarajan (Chennai)

krishnaja
12-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Inordinate delay in pension fixation and payment of pension arrears – First installment.

The first installment of pension arrears is still not paid. No idea when this will be paid.
Krishnaja.
11-4-09

Kanaujiaml
12-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Inordinate delay in pension fixation and payment of pension arrears – First installment.

The first installment of pension arrears is still not paid. No idea when this will be paid.
Krishnaja.
11-4-08

Have you contacted your bank ? Have you put up an application to them ?