PDA

View Full Version : Child Education Allowance in case the fees is paid in two installments.

AnilK
22-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Dear Members

I have a query hope you can help.

If someone has paid the school fees of his child in two installments i.e. say fee from June to Nov has bee paid in september and the fees for remaining period has to be paid in January next year. My question is that if the person applies for reimbursement of first two quarters now will he get the actual fees paid as in the light of the DOPT OM No. 21011/16/2009-Estt.(AL) dated 17/06/2011 which clearly states that the 50% of the amount can be claimed in the first quarter.

Am I correct?

RKPATHAK
22-09-2011, 09:17 PM
A person can claim reimbursement of of CEA on quarterly basis

SASI
22-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Dear Members

I have a query hope you can help.

If someone has paid the school fees of his child in two installments i.e. say fee from June to Nov has bee paid in september and the fees for remaining period has to be paid in January next year. My question is that if the person applies for reimbursement of first two quarters now will he get the actual fees paid as in the light of the DOPT OM No. 21011/16/2009-Estt.(AL) dated 17/06/2011 which clearly states that the 50% of the amount can be claimed in the first quarter.

Am I correct?

Yes. Half of the total fees can be claimed in the first quarter itself( in this case the first instalment)

sasi

pdmaru
27-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Dear Members
I have question that what about the reimbursement of tuition fee paid in colleges as we have to pay huge amount in engineering/medical colleges. Can not it be incorporated in the children education allowance

Victor
27-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Dear Members
I have question that what about the reimbursement of tuition fee paid in colleges as we have to pay huge amount in engineering/medical colleges. Can not it be incorporated in the children education allowance

The existing scheme only covers classes from nursery to 12th and Diploma in polytechnic for two years.

Victor

prasannakumar
27-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Dear Members

There is no provision for CEA any graduation level. It is from nursery to 12th std/+2 (in Kerala)/PUC (in Karnataka) etc or its equivalent with the exception of polytechnic diploma