PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Permission from prescribed authority for acquiring immovable property

Raju311
08-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Dear Sir,

I am Group A officer In MOD. My Wife is working in Private Company in good position. Now she want's to purchase property from her income source. Whether i need to take permission for the purchase of this property even if this property is not on my name or my income source?

The agreement is also on her name? If i am not in picture then why i have to intimate to office?

Kindly clarify?

Victor
08-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Dear Sir,

I am Group A officer In MOD. My Wife is working in Private Company in good position. Now she want's to purchase property from her income source. Now i want to take permission for the purchase of this property???

This property is on her name only. Whether i have to intimate to the office or not???

I presume you are covered under CCS(Conduct) Rules, 1964.

Under Rule 18(2) ibid you are required to give prior intimation to the competent authority before the proposed transaction. Permission is required if the transaction is with a person with whom you have official dealings. Rule 18(2) is re-produced below:

"(2) No Government servant shall, except with the previous knowledge of the prescribed authority, acquire or dispose of any immovable property by lease, mortgage, purchase, sale, gift or otherwise either in his own name or in the name of any member of his family:

Provided that the previous sanction of the prescribed authority shall be obtained by the Government servant if any such transaction is with a person having official dealings with him"

Victor

RKPATHAK
09-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Just intimate to your office detailing all facts

vunnikrishnan
11-09-2011, 07:59 AM
intimation is sufficient, if no money is invested by the govt. servant.of course,all detais are to be given like source of money,bank a/c etc.

rabinkumar_dutta
23-10-2011, 08:54 PM
No intimation is required as his wife has purchaged from her own income.
R.K DUTTA DURGAPUR