PDA

View Full Version : reimbursement of transit journey ticket fare in Delhi metro during hometown trip

satraj
30-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Dear Friends,
As the part of my hometown trip from Dehradun to Trivandrum, I made an inevitable transit journey in Delhi Metro Airport Express from New Delhi Rly station to Delhi T3 Airport. As this is the shortest route that connects between these two points am I eligible to get the reimbursement of fare under LTC/Hometown for the metro journey? It will be great help if anybody can provide information on any government order or circular that relevant to this query.
thank you
Rajesh S.,

RKPATHAK
30-08-2011, 09:59 AM
incidentals are not reimburseable

prasannakumar
30-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Dear Friends,
As the part of my hometown trip from Dehradun to Trivandrum, I made an inevitable transit journey in Delhi Metro Airport Express from New Delhi Rly station to Delhi T3 Airport. As this is the shortest route that connects between these two points am I eligible to get the reimbursement of fare under LTC/Hometown for the metro journey? It will be great help if anybody can provide information on any government order or circular that relevant to this query.
thank you
Rajesh S.,

I think LTC is from point to point and hence other expenditure entailed are not reimbursable (I am not sure).

Prasanna Kumar

Victor
30-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Kindly refer to Rule 13 of CCS(LTC) Rules given below:

"13. Reimbursement.-

Reimbursement under the leave travel concession scheme shall not cover incidental expenses and expenditure incurred on local journeys. Reimbursement for expenses of journey shall be allowed only on the basis of a point to point journey on a through ticket over the shortest direct route."

No government order/circular has been issued on the subject so far. Hence it would be difficult at present for getting the expenditure incurred on Metro Airport Express reimbursed.

Victor