PDA

View Full Version : Children Education Allowance Scheme (CEAS)

gcsahoo
08-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Please clarify whether CEAS is admissible for student studying in private, unaided school not affiliated to any board/council, registered under Societies Registration Act of local state government administration?

SASI
09-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Clarification on CEA dated 23-11-2009(http://persmin.nic.in/WriteReadData/Estt/12011_03_2008-Estt.(Allow).pdf) says “ Recognized school/institution in this regard means a Govt. school or any educational institution whether in receipt of Govt. aid or not, recognized by the Central or State Govt. or Union Tenitory Administration or by University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the Institution is situated”.

If the school is registered under the Cooperative Societies Act of the State, it can be considered as recognized by the State Government and hence eligible for CEA.

sasi

RKPATHAK
09-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Cea is for recognised schools only

prasannakumar
09-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Please clarify whether CEAS is admissible for student studying in private, unaided school not affiliated to any board/council, registered under Societies Registration Act of local state government administration?

CEA is NOT ADMISSIBLE for student studying in private, unaided school not affiliated to any board/council, registered under Societies Registration Act of local state government administration

Prasanna Kumar

gcsahoo
09-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Dear Prasanna Kumar, do you mean that a school registered under Societies Registration act of local state govt. administration is not a recognized school ? If so, what are recognized schools according to the link provided by the Senior member SASI ?

RKPATHAK
10-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Recognised mean recognition/affiliation with education board

gcsahoo
10-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Recognised mean recognition/affiliation with education board
Dear RK PATHAK, according to the link provided by SASI (DOPT OM NO 12011/03/2008-Estt(Allowances), dated 23/11/2009), a school need not to be affiliated/recognized by any educational Board/Council for reimbursement of CEA. If the school is "recognized by Central or State govt. or Union Territory Administration........" may be enough for the purpose.
I understand, Education board provides affiliation to a school. which is not mandatory for CEA.
How, recognition of Education Board appears after DOPT clarification? Pl. clarify.

prasannakumar
10-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Dear Prasanna Kumar, do you mean that a school registered under Societies Registration act of local state govt. administration is not a recognized school ? If so, what are recognized schools according to the link provided by the Senior member SASI ?

Dear Mr. gcsahoo

Primarily the schools have to be recognized by the concerned educational departments. There are Schools and colleges which are run by cooperative societies (Especially in Kerala) and some of them are aided by the state govt. In Karnataka also there are schools and colleges run by some trusts. However, these institutions have to be either recognized by the concerned educational boards of the state or affiliated to Central Government (CBSE etc).

I understand that my point was not complete which lead to ambiguity. Thanks all members for correcting me regret for the mistake

Regards
Prasanna Kumar

SASI
10-08-2011, 09:06 PM
The clarification on CEA says,(http://persmin.nic.in/WriteReadData/...tt.(Allow). “It is further clarified that in respect of schools/institutions at
nursery, primary and middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the Scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution. Recognized school/institution in thi s regard means a Govt. school or any educational institution whether in receipt of Govt. aid or not, recognized by the Central or State Govt or Union Tenitory Administration or by University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over
the area where the Institution is situated.”

Hence for becoming eligible for CEA, the school need not be affiliated to any Board of Education. Only recognition of the Government is necessary. Schools registered under the Co operative Societies Act of the State Government must be considered as recognized by the State Government and hence eligible for CEA. It may be noted that audit of the accounts of such colleges are done by the State Government.

sasi

gcsahoo
10-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Dear Mr. gcsahoo

Primarily the schools have to be recognized by the concerned educational departments. There are Schools and colleges which are run by cooperative societies (Especially in Kerala) and some of them are aided by the state govt. In Karnataka also there are schools and colleges run by some trusts. However, these institutions have to be either recognized by the concerned educational boards of the state or affiliated to Central Government (CBSE etc).

I understand that my point was not complete which lead to ambiguity. Thanks all members for correcting me regret for the mistake

Regards
Prasanna Kumar
Dear Prasanna Kumar,
First of all, I am talking about Nursery, Primary and Middle level school.
So far I understand, when a trust such as "South Point Education Society" is registered under Societies Registration Act, its purpose, function, structure etc, are clearly mentioned in the registration document. If, such society is registered to manage/run any educational institution, does it require further approval of any Board of Education ? Particularly, if that nursery/primary/middle school follows its own books, syllabus etc.
Furthermore, according to the link provided by SASI (DOPT OM NO 12011/03/2008-Estt(Allowances), dated 23/11/2009), "schools/institutions at Nursery, Primary and Middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution. Recognized school/institution in this regard means a Govt. school or any educational institution whether in receipt of Govt. aid or not, recognized by Central or State govt. or Union Territory Administration........having jurisdiction over the area where the institution is situated". It is not mentioned that recognition must have to be from Education Board.
I am not clear, how the affiliation/recognition of Education Board is must for a school for reimbursement of CEA for their children after this DOPT OM? Pl. clarify.
Regards,
Ganesh

gcsahoo
10-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Dear SASI,
I agree with your concept/clarification on 'Recognized school/institution' in the light of DOPT OM NO 12011/03/2008-Estt(Allowances), dated 23/11/2009).
Regards
Ganesh.

prasannakumar
11-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Dear Prasanna Kumar,
First of all, I am talking about Nursery, Primary and Middle level school.
So far I understand, when a trust such as "South Point Education Society" is registered under Societies Registration Act, its purpose, function, structure etc, are clearly mentioned in the registration document. If, such society is registered to manage/run any educational institution, does it require further approval of any Board of Education ? Particularly, if that nursery/primary/middle school follows its own books, syllabus etc.
Furthermore, according to the link provided by SASI (DOPT OM NO 12011/03/2008-Estt(Allowances), dated 23/11/2009), "schools/institutions at Nursery, Primary and Middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution. Recognized school/institution in this regard means a Govt. school or any educational institution whether in receipt of Govt. aid or not, recognized by Central or State govt. or Union Territory Administration........having jurisdiction over the area where the institution is situated". It is not mentioned that recognition must have to be from Education Board.
I am not clear, how the affiliation/recognition of Education Board is must for a school for reimbursement of CEA for their children after this DOPT OM? Pl. clarify.
Regards,
Ganesh

Mr. Ganesh,
Even if a society or trust registered under the Cooperative act has in its bylaw states that it manages an educational institution of any kind should have recognition from the concerned educational authorities. Merely providing a class in their registration document to run an educational institute does not entail them a recognition and the institution has to follow texts recognized by the state educational board, CBSE etc. For my knowledge, the clause stated in the OM referred by you the sentence "It is further clarified that in respect of schools/institutions at nursery, primary and middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the Scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution" it is ambigual. I can not understand whether children studying in such schools are eligible for CEA same as in case of recognized schools or not.

Prasanna Kumar

gcsahoo
18-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Dear Mr. Prasanna Kumar,
The DOPT OM NO 12011/03/2008-Estt(Allowances), dated 23/11/2009, has clarified CEAS for students studying in classes from Nursery to Middle level i.e. up to class VIII. The OM is not applicable for Secondary (Class IX & X) and higher education.
As the OM indicates, perhaps there are scopes of education without recommended syllabus of any education board. As I understand, those schools are must be recognized as an educational establishment by the local Govt. administrations only according to the OM "Recognized school/institution in this regard means a Govt. school or any educational institution whether in receipt of Govt. aid or not, recognized by Central or State govt. or Union Territory Administration........having jurisdiction over the area where the institution is situated".
As you have said, according to bye laws, the education society running a school should have recognition of any board may not be strict rule for these classes.
I do not know whether any educational board can provide other types of recognition apart from affiliation ? Pl. clarify.

gcsahoo
29-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Mr. Ganesh,
Even if a society or trust registered under the Cooperative act has in its bylaw states that it manages an educational institution of any kind should have recognition from the concerned educational authorities. Merely providing a class in their registration document to run an educational institute does not entail them a recognition and the institution has to follow texts recognized by the state educational board, CBSE etc. For my knowledge, the clause stated in the OM referred by you the sentence "It is further clarified that in respect of schools/institutions at nursery, primary and middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the Scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution" it is ambigual. I can not understand whether children studying in such schools are eligible for CEA same as in case of recognized schools or not.

Prasanna Kumar
Dear Prasanna Kumar,
I have come to know that Society is registered by concerned State Registrar of Societies, mainly for educational, cultural and various other purposes under Ministry of Commerce & Industries. Cooprative Society is registered under Ministry of Cooperation for various cooperative such as housing, agriculture, cold storage etc.
So, Society and Cooperative society formats may be different.
Ganesh

prasannakumar
29-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Dear Prasanna Kumar,
I have come to know that Society is registered by concerned State Registrar of Societies, mainly for educational, cultural and various other purposes under Ministry of Commerce & Industries. Cooprative Society is registered under Ministry of Cooperation for various cooperative such as housing, agriculture, cold storage etc.
So, Society and Cooperative society formats may be different.
Ganesh

Thats right. Educational Co societies registered under Co. operative Societies Act naturally will obtain recognition from concerned authorities. The procedure is much more simpler compared to other organizations. Children of CG employees studying in such institutions would naturally be eligible for CEA.

Prasanna Kumar

ramanrao60
22-09-2011, 04:07 PM
is school bus fees reimbursable by considering it as a part of "fee paid for use of any aid or appliance"...in terms of para (e) of DOPT om 12011/03/2008-Estt. (Allowance) dt
2 sept 2008?

Victor
22-09-2011, 04:47 PM
is school bus fees reimbursable by considering it as a part of "fee paid for use of any aid or appliance"...in terms of para (e) of DOPT om 12011/03/2008-Estt. (Allowance) dt
2 sept 2008?

Bus fees are not admissible under CEA Scheme

Victor

prasannakumar
22-09-2011, 05:35 PM
2 sept 2008?

Aid or appliance means desection sets, instrument box etc. In my opinion, bus fees does not come under this category

Prasanna Kumar

ramanrao60
22-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks Mr. Victor and Mr. prasanna
I was convinced earlier also but some employees were insisting that aid can mean school bus also.
Some grey areas are there which DOPT can clarify

gcsahoo
28-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Dear friends,
To my knowledge, Govt. recognized / affiliated institution is synonymous. A govt. recognized school must be affiliated to any Board/Council of education, and affiliating authorities are state boards, state councils and central boards such as ICSE & CBSE.
Further, schools at any level can issue a govt. recognized school certificate only when the school is affiliated to any education board or council; the school may run by govt. or private body, aided or unaided.
But, schools up to middle level i.e. up to class VIII need not to be affiliated for CEA as per the DOPT OM No. 1201 1 /03/2008-Estt.(Allowances), 23rd November, 2009. It states that “It is further clarified that in respect of schools/institutions at nursery, primary and middle level not affiliated to any Board of education, the reimbursement under the Scheme may be allowed for the children studying in a recognized school/institution. Recognized school/institution in this regard means a Govt. school or any educational institution whether in receipt of Govt. aid or not, recognized by the Central or State Govt. or Union Territory Administration or by University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the Institution is situated”.
According to the DOPT OM, the definition of recognized school up to class VIII is extended from the normal criteria of recognition. A University or a recognized educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the Institution is situated is empowered to recognize a school.
I think, there are some recognized educational authority besidesstate boards, state councils and central boards such as ICSE & CBSE.
My query is that whether an Education Society which is generally registered under Societies Registration Act of central / state govt. can be considered as a Recognized Educational Authority ?

gcsahoo
07-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Dear Pathak,
After a long struggle, CEA have been allowed for children studying in the school (running classes up to V) with out affiliation, registered under Society Registration Act by our competent authority. The school denied to issue the recognition certificate as they are not.
As I thought that the criteria of recognized school in the light of DOPT clarification dated 23.11.09 is different from normal criteria of recognition have been accepted by authorities.
Just "recognized school only" is meaningless now, as the meaning of recognized school is different wrt DOPT clarification.
Regards.

gcsahoo
07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Dear Prasannakumar,
After a long struggle, CEA have been allowed for children studying in the school (running classes up to V) with out affiliation, registered under Society Registration Act by our competent authority. The school denied to issue the recognition certificate as they are not.
As I thought that the criteria of recognized school in the light of DOPT clarification dated 23.11.09 is different from normal criteria of recognition have been accepted by authorities.
Just "recognized school only" is meaningless now, as the meaning of recognized school is different wrt DOPT clarification.
Regards.