PDA

View Full Version : LTC to J&K admissibility of airfare from Jammu to Srinagar

raja
03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Dear friends,

I have a small doubt.. as per the O.M. governing the conversion of one Home Town LTC to visit J&K, the non-entitled officers (less than 5800/- G.P.) can fly either from Delhi or Amritsar. If one such officer travels from Amritsar to Jammu by road and flies from there to Srinagar which is the declared destination, how his claim will be settled? In short, is the air fare from Jammu to Srinagar reimbursable?

prashantha
05-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Claim will be settled at actuals & Airfare from Jammu to Srinagar should be reimbursed, subject to LTC-80 fare of AirIndia.
pnk

sinha_audit
05-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Amritsar is connected to Jammu by rail. Road journey (only if undertaken by Central/State/PSU/Local Auth. run transport) will be reimbursed subject to (a) limitation to fare by entitled class of train by shortest direct route and (b) the class of travel by road.

Air journey will be limited to LTC-80 or equivalent fare of Indian.

Alok Sinha.

Hyd_AG_Employee
14-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Directly to your question : As per rules the airfare form Jammu to Srinagar will not be reimbursed in full. The OM Clearly says the reimbursement is only for air journey to any airport in J&K from Delhi or Amritsar. Any other boarding point would not be allowed. Hence airfare from Jammu to Srinagar would not be reimburseable. Please correct me if i am wrong.

RKPATHAK
16-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Bus fare between Amritsar to Jammu & air fare from jammu to srinagar

Victor
16-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Directly to your question : As per rules the airfare form Jammu to Srinagar will not be reimbursed in full. The OM Clearly says the reimbursement is only for air journey to any airport in J&K from Delhi or Amritsar. Any other boarding point would not be allowed. Hence airfare from Jammu to Srinagar would not be reimburseable. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I completely agree with you. The order on the subject is very clear (http://persmin.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_2_2003-Estt.(A-IV).pdf).

The order has provision for Air travel from Delhi/Amritsar to any place in J&K only.

Victor

prashantha
16-08-2011, 01:05 PM
You are right. Air Journey is allowed only from Delhi & Amritsar as per the OM.
pnk