PDA

View Full Version : Compulsory quarter allotment and deduction of HRA-reg.

shobha
21-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I am a regular employee working in a KVK which is functioning under an ICAR institute. I got appointed as Programme Assistant (T3) on Jan 2010 and continuing a 2 years probation period. The KVK is not having any staff quarters of its own. But the host Institute is having a staff quarters at the same campus of KVK. So for convenience, I got occupied to one of the staff quarters which is eligible to my cadre. Now I vacated the quarter and shifted to town due to some personal problems. I wrote to the host Institute seeking permission to vacate and they replied that even if I vacate the quarters, I will not be entitled to HRA until another official occupies it. Again I requested to give the quarter to the senior most officer of the cadre and to restore my HRA. Actually I am the junior most in the cadre (T3). After my continuous requests the host institute allotted the quarter to the senior most official. But he refused to occupy it. Now his HRA is also deducted. Also I got a communication that my HRA will not be restored unless an officer occupies it. Now the quarter is allotted to the next senior most official and his HRA is also deducted. So at present three persons are losing HRA now. Being the junior most and belonging to KVK staff should I bear the compulsory quarter allotment of the institute and deduction of HRA? May I know the exact rule position?

RKPATHAK
21-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Hra wont be paid go a gs for the period he was in physical possession of the staff quarter

shobha
22-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Pathak sir,
Vacated my quarrter in December 2010, but still I am loosing my HRA .

prasannakumar
22-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Sirs,

The logic of allotting same quarters to three persons and deducting HRA is not understood. It is unfair to recover HRA.

Prasanna Kumar