PDA

View Full Version : Retirement on the last day of june.

hmd_96
19-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Dear friends,
I would be retiring from service on the last day of June.i.e 30th June. Kindly, can anybody tell me if I am eligible for the next increment for the purpose of pension calculation?

Ramnath
19-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Dear friends,
I would be retiring from service on the last day of June.i.e 30th June. Kindly, can anybody tell me if I am eligible for the next increment for the purpose of pension calculation?

Dear sir,
You retire on 30th June (one day prior to 1st July), hence you are not eligible for Increment sir. My month of retirement is also june. No other go for me too.
Ramnath

R K Rao
19-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Dear friends,

To get an increment granted, one has to be present on 01 Jul . Even those who are on EL etc. do not get it (i.e. the financial benefit). In your case, you are not even in service on that day. Hence there is no question of increment for you. However, we all agree that this is a kind of injustice and the concerned authorities should kindly look into this and allow increment to be granted.

This is more particularly to a Govt. servant who has put in at least 30 years of service and retiring. He should retire happily. Alternatively, the system of retirement should be once in a year and that should be wef 31 Jul each year, irrespective of age and date of appointment, date of birth etc.

Alterntaively, the system should be such that , if an individual has completed 6 months of service before the date of his retirement, he should be granted an increment.

Hope some body hears this.

Rgds

RK

hmd_96
20-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Dear Mr.Ramnath,
Actually we are putting up one whole year of service which makes us eligible for next increment, is there any consideration for extension of service for one day?

hmd_96
20-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Dear Shri R.K.Rao sab,
Thank you for your valuable opinion.
Harshawardhan Deshpande