PDA

View Full Version : Joining time-Closure of Office

R K Rao
13-07-2011, 08:54 PM
An employee was transferred to the main office from its detachment (different stations) wef Friday evening. He reported at the new station on Monday. Will he be eligible for joining time? How his saturday and sunday will be covered.

He had not asked for posting to main office but was posted due to closure of office.

Thanks

RK

R K Rao
14-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Earlier, when a question was posted in this forum, within no time several members (most of them seniors with good knowledge) used to respond and clarify the matter. However, it is sad to note that the same is not the situation now. I have posted more than 3 questions at different times (the above is one example) and no body seem to have even seen it.

What is wrong? Have some of the members lost interest?

RKR

madhavan73
14-07-2011, 10:27 PM
In 2009 April I got transfered. I was relieved on Friday AF.. & resumed duty @ new HQ on Monday FN.
Out of 12 JT, I presumed to have used 2 JTs & got only 10 JTs added to my ELs as unavailed JT.
This is the rule.

Ramnath
14-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Earlier, when a question was posted in this forum, within no time several members (most of them seniors with good knowledge) used to respond and clarify the matter. However, it is sad to note that the same is not the situation now. I have posted more than 3 questions at different times (the above is one example) and no body seem to have even seen it.

What is wrong? Have some of the members lost interest?

RKR

Mr.R.K.Rao,
You may see these links which may be of some use to you: http://www.persmin.nic.in/DOPT/Acts_Rules/AIS_Rules/Revised_AIS_Rules_Vol_I_Updated_Upto_31Oct2010/Revised_AIS_Rule_Vol_I_Rule_03.pdf

http://www.and.nic.in/Announcements/COMPILATION-FAQ-SERVICE-MATTERS.pdf

It is to be said that I have been in Admn section only for the last 3 years (from steno line promoted). Hence, I am trying to present within my ability and knowledge, the facts that I am able to understand. Also, due to some personal commitments, I am not able to be present in Gconnect very often. I hope other members also would have been having some other busy engagements and that may be the reason for your not getting reply to your query.

Regards,
Ramnath

SASI
15-07-2011, 06:46 AM
An employee was transferred to the main office from its detachment (different stations) wef Friday evening. He reported at the new station on Monday. Will he be eligible for joining time? How his saturday and sunday will be covered.

He had not asked for posting to main office but was posted due to closure of office.

Thanks

RK

His transfer can be considered as a Public Interest Transfer since he had not made a request. Hence he is eligible for joining time. Since he has joined on the next working day he is eligible to credit the full joining time to his EL Account if;
1. “he is ordered to join the new post at a new place of posting
without availing of full joining time to which he is entitled.”
or
2. “he proceeds alone to the new place of posting and joins the post
without availing full joining time and takes his family later within
the permissible period of time for claiming traveling allowance
for the family.”

sasi

R K Rao
16-07-2011, 11:29 PM
My thanks individually to Mr. Madhavan, Mr. Ramnath and Mr. Sasi.

Your clarification has reinforced my stand that the affected individual IS ENTITLED FOR JT. DUe to this, he has been granted. But for you, this would not have been possible (because I was very forceful in supporting, after I read your replies).

Thanks again, Sirs.

RKR

p.s. - Sorry for the delay in responding because I saw them just now.

RK