PDA

View Full Version : LTC conversion for new recruits

kapil
11-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi,
I Joined NIC on Jan 12 2010.And as per rules have completed one year so eligible for home down LTC.
Now my question is whether this home town LTC can be used to travel to NER/J&K.
If yes then out of the three home town LTC's which one can be converted or how many of them will be converted to NER/J&K?
Would appreciate relevant orders so that this thing can be proved in my office too.

Victor
11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi,
I Joined NIC on Jan 12 2010.And as per rules have completed one year so eligible for home down LTC.
Now my question is whether this home town LTC can be used to travel to NER/J&K.
If yes then out of the three home town LTC's which one can be converted or how many of them will be converted to NER/J&K?
Would appreciate relevant orders so that this thing can be proved in my office too.

There is no clarity on this issue.

Direct recruits are eligible for LTC to home town on three "occasions" and LTC to anywhere in India on one "occasion" in a block of 4 years. However, the existing "blocks" remain the same. (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_4_2008-Estt.(A).pdf)

The facility to visit NER/J&K is against "conversion of one block of Home Town LTC". (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_2_2003-Estt.(A-IV).pdf).

So in my view you have to sacrifice a block of two years to avail the facility to visit NER/J&K. In other words you may have to sacrifice LTC on two occasions in a particular "block" to avail the facility to visit NER/J&K.

Comments/views are welcome.

Victor

Ramnath
11-07-2011, 08:44 PM

Direct recruits are eligible for LTC to home town on three "occasions" and LTC to anywhere in India on one "occasion" in a block of 4 years. However, the existing "blocks" remain the same. (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_4_2008-Estt.(A).pdf)

The facility to visit NER/J&K is against "conversion of one block of Home Town LTC". (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_2_2003-Estt.(A-IV).pdf).

So in my view you have to sacrifice a block of two years to avail the facility to visit NER/J&K. In other words you may have to sacrifice LTC on two occasions in a particular "block" to avail the facility to visit NER/J&K.

Victor

I concur with your view sir. For new recruit, it is a special concession. But, when you want to avail something else, usual rule is to be applied (as applied for others). When you visit NE/J&K, one block of hometown (2 years) is to be adjusted against it for availing.
Ramnath

kapil
12-07-2011, 10:21 AM

Victor

Sir you are right, we are even ready to sacrifice a block ...but our DDO says we cannot convert under any circumstances....So please guide me what could be done in this case?

Victor
12-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Sir you are right, we are even ready to sacrifice a block ...but our DDO says we cannot convert under any circumstances....So please guide me what could be done in this case?

Kindly refer to the following orders regarding extension of facility to visit NER/J&K:

http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_2_2003-Estt.(A-IV).pdf
http://persmin.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_4_2007-Estt.(A).pdf

The order clearly says that "all officers/employees of GOI will be allowed to avail LTC to visit J&K....". Similarly in the case of NER, the order clearly says that "...Government have decided to permit Government servants...". The orders therfore includes all govt. servants including direct recruits. NO EXCEPTION has been made in the case of direct recruits.

If your admin has any doubts, it can refer the matter to DOPT for advice.

Victor

kapil
12-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Sir,
Admin wont refer the same to DOPT, can you guide us so that we can take refernce from DOPT on this..whom to contact for clarification on this matter in DOPT any pointers should be helpful...
Thnks again...

Kindly refer to the following orders regarding extension of facility to visit NER/J&K:

http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_2_2003-Estt.(A-IV).pdf
http://persmin.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_4_2007-Estt.(A).pdf

The order clearly says that "all officers/employees of GOI will be allowed to avail LTC to visit J&K....". Similarly in the case of NER, the order clearly says that "...Government have decided to permit Government servants...". The orders therfore includes all govt. servants including direct recruits. NO EXCEPTION has been made in the case of direct recruits.

If your admin has any doubts, it can refer the matter to DOPT for advice.

Victor

prashantha
12-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello Kapil,

Out of the three home town LTC's , that new recruits are eligible for, only one Hometown block can be converted to either NER/J & K
In terms of Office Notification No. 31011/2/2003-Estt. (A-1V) , GOI dated 18th June, 2010 , Govt. of India has decided to relax CCS ( LTC ) Rules 1988 & has decided to permit Govt. employees to travel by Air to J & K as per the following scheme.
I quote All officers/employees of Govt. of India will be allowed to avail LTC to visit J&K agaist conversion of "one block" of their HomeTown LTC.

(1) "All other employees of Govt. of India can travel by air in economy class from Delhi, & Amritsar to any place in J&K by any airlines subject to their entitlement being limited to LTC-80 fares of Air India. Journey from their place of posting up to Delhi/Amritsar will have to be undertaken as per their entitlement.
(2) Restriction of air travel only by Air India on LTC to other places shall continue to remain in force.
(3) This scheme shall be effective from 18th June’10. "

The last date to avail J & K is 17th June 2012 & to N E R is 30th April, 2012. .

prashantha

prashantha
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Victor is right, If u hv to avail LTC to JK/NER you have to sacrifice 2 ltc's. because u can convert one hometown block ( block is of 2 years)
pnk

suparnakdas
13-07-2011, 09:42 AM
hi,

i joined as a govt group A officer in 2004 april.. i took ltc home town in 2009 which was converted to northeast. 2010 i took home town ltc. before that i took all india in 2007. my question is whether i am eligible for hometown ltc in 2011 also(for first 8 years rule). as my office says every year ltc for fresh recruits is limited for 2 block years which is 2002-2005 and 2006-2009. so i can take only one ltc in 2010-2011 block which i have already taken in 2010. so i cant avail in 2011. can some some one please clarify with some reference for first 8 years ltc rule.

thanks and regards in advance

prashantha
14-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Suparnakdas, You are not eligible for Hometown LTC in 2011. When you joined in 2004, the on-going was 2002-05 & 2006-09, so now your position as a new recruit is over. LTC facility to fresh recruits is available only for the first two blocks of 4 yrs. after joining the govt. for the first time. Existing blocks now is 2010-11 which you have already availed. You can avail LTC either to HT or API from Jan'12 onwards,(2012-13)
pnk

hi,

i joined as a govt group A officer in 2004 april.. i took ltc home town in 2009 which was converted to northeast. 2010 i took home town ltc. before that i took all india in 2007. my question is whether i am eligible for hometown ltc in 2011 also(for first 8 years rule). as my office says every year ltc for fresh recruits is limited for 2 block years which is 2002-2005 and 2006-2009. so i can take only one ltc in 2010-2011 block which i have already taken in 2010. so i cant avail in 2011. can some some one please clarify with some reference for first 8 years ltc rule.

thanks and regards in advance

suparnakdas
14-07-2011, 04:23 PM
hi,
thanks for your reply. actually few of my friends working in different departments (with in govt of India) told me that their offices clarified the matter and the issue is to get first 8 years not two block years for new recruits. so they will get it till 2011 as they joined in 2004. Is there any specific clarification whether its 8 years or first 2 block years admissible for newly joined employees.

thanks and regards

prashantha
14-07-2011, 04:38 PM
It all depends on the way you interpret it. It is clearly stated that the existing blocks will not change. So it all depends on the fresh recruits date of joining. If the employee, joins in the beginning of a block of 4 years, he will be able to avail total 7 LTC's & (if he converts HT(NER) he will be able to avail 6 LTC's) , in the first 8 years of his service. If he joins in the middle of a block he will not be able to avail all. If there is a difference of opinion please comment.
pnk

kapil
14-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Victor is right, If u hv to avail LTC to JK/NER you have to sacrifice 2 ltc's. because u can convert one hometown block ( block is of 2 years)
pnk

Thanks Prashantha sir,
We are ready to use two home towns for converting ..But admin does not agree with us...So please guide us how to get clarification on this matter from DOPT because we believe DOPT is the final authority....

prashantha
15-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Please See the clarification of DOPT in quotes

Subject: Clarification on admissibility LTC claim in respect of fresh recruits.

" The matter regarding admissibility of LTC to fresh recruits to central Government was referred to DoP&T who have since clarified that an employee who has not completed 8 years service as fresh recruits on 01.9.2008 will get the benefit available to a fresh recruits for the remaining period till he completes 8 years. There will be no change in block years. Current block is 2006 09.

2. As regards who will be construed as a Fresh Recruits, DoP&T has clarified that a direct recruit joining Govt. service for the first time will be deemed to be a fresh recruits. "

PRD Fernandez
15-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Suparnakdas, You are not eligible for Hometown LTC in 2011. When you joined in 2004, the on-going was 2002-05 & 2006-09, so now your position as a new recruit is over. LTC facility to fresh recruits is available only for the first two blocks of 4 yrs. after joining the govt. for the first time. Existing blocks now is 2010-11 which you have already availed. You can avail LTC either to HT or API from Jan'12 onwards,(2012-13)
pnk

Dear friend
I think some where the line is missing (I mean the intervention of senior members ) This would miss lead the request posted my Junior members like me. So I am posting here with the clarification posted by one of our senior members on similar query posted years before.

Fernandez
New LTC rules effective from 1/9/2008 for direct recruits are applicable to all those who have not completed eight years of service till that date. MoF has recently given a clarification in reply to MHA query, in this regard. Now regarding your query, it is to inform that there is no change in Block Year already prescribed. In brief, the current Block year for LTC is 2006-09(i.e.2006-07 and 2008-09), this will remain the same for all including direct recruits. Suppose if some one has joined in 2007 then he can take one year LTC for Home Town for 2008 and 2009 on each occassion or he may avail one Home Town and One all India LTC for 2008-09. Again for the next Block Year of 2010-2013, he can avail three Home Town and one All India LTC and so on till completion of 8 years of service subject to other conditions. Similarly who have joined in 2005, his LTC for the Block Year up to 2007-08 has been completed. But for the remaining 5 years he can avail one+one for 2009-10 and three home town or two home town+1 all India for the next three years. I think It is sufficient to satisfy you.
with regards
Jitendra

suparnakdas
07-12-2011, 06:36 PM
dear MR Jitendra,
i have told earlier about my case..i joined in April 2004. took ltc in 2007 and 2009.. now again in 2010 i took home town ltc. will i be eligible for 2011 hometown ltc. as my 8 years will be completed in April 2012. my office still saying its 2 block years for fresh recruits which is finished in 2009(2002-2005 & 2006-2009). they are not agreeing for 1st 8 years rule. can you please provide me the clarification letter of your quote "MoF has recently given a clarification in reply to MHA query, in this regard." which tells it for 8 years and not 2 block years. this will help me a lot as i am planing to take hometown ltc in dec end 2011.
regards & thanks in advance
suparnakdas

Dear friend
I think some where the line is missing (I mean the intervention of senior members ) This would miss lead the request posted my Junior members like me. So I am posting here with the clarification posted by one of our senior members on similar query posted years before.

Fernandez
New LTC rules effective from 1/9/2008 for direct recruits are applicable to all those who have not completed eight years of service till that date. MoF has recently given a clarification in reply to MHA query, in this regard. Now regarding your query, it is to inform that there is no change in Block Year already prescribed. In brief, the current Block year for LTC is 2006-09(i.e.2006-07 and 2008-09), this will remain the same for all including direct recruits. Suppose if some one has joined in 2007 then he can take one year LTC for Home Town for 2008 and 2009 on each occassion or he may avail one Home Town and One all India LTC for 2008-09. Again for the next Block Year of 2010-2013, he can avail three Home Town and one All India LTC and so on till completion of 8 years of service subject to other conditions. Similarly who have joined in 2005, his LTC for the Block Year up to 2007-08 has been completed. But for the remaining 5 years he can avail one+one for 2009-10 and three home town or two home town+1 all India for the next three years. I think It is sufficient to satisfy you.
with regards
Jitendra