PDA

View Full Version : CLARIFICATIONS/RELATED ORDERS/SUPPORTING AUTHENTIC REFERENCES etc ON PENSION MATTERS

vnatarajan
14-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi All

To start, I quote what Mr Jeetendra, Sr Member has put in a thread under Pay Fixation topic/issue of 6th CPC:

As all of us know that after implementation of 6th CPC, a number of anamolies have come out and we are discussing on these issues in length. Now I request to all members to post any clarification/orders obtained by themselves or by their department, from Ministry of Finance/DoP&T or from any other authentic website(not from bloggers) which is in contrary to present notification/Resolution. This sort of little work will help many of us. May I request all of you to post also your efforts for obtaining these clarifcation and become our torchbearer.
Thanks in anticipation.

Consequent to the issue of 6th CPC related pension implementation OMs of 1st Sept and 3rd Oct 2008 of the Deptt of P/PW and also related OMs of MoF, several pensioners may be seeking redressals/ remedies etc on omissions/ anomalies/ disparities/ related aspects.

ALL RESPONSES LIKE CLARIFICATIONS/ OMs/ ORDERS/LIKE COMMUNICATIONS etc obtained individually or thru their Pensioner bodies RECIEVED from the concerned MINISTRIES & DEPTTS - eg Personnel/ Pension/ Pensioners' Welfare/ other offices including old parent deptts/ ministries if any, MAY PL. BE POSTED & HIGHLIGHTED HERE- so that the same can GIVE US NEW GUIDANCE/ STRATEGY/ IMPETUS.

(My thanks to Mr Jeetendra for the excellent idea!)

vnatarajan

kssitaraman
16-10-2008, 08:33 AM
The Ministry of Finance has yet issued another OM dated 14/10/08 with a ready reckoner for pension revisions under Para 4.2 probably to help out the disbursing banks, this time showing all the three scales of pay viz., IV, V and VI and also requiring the disbursements to be made within a week. This is for information please.

vnatarajan
16-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi All concerned Pensioners - attn: Pre-1986/1996/2006 retirees:

Thanks to Mr Sitaraman for pointing out the issue of the OM No 38 37 08/PPW etc dt 14th oct on 6th CPC implementation/revision of pension of pre-2006 pensions/ family pensions.

POSITIVE ASPECTS:

Concerned banks etc. have been asked to disburse current arrears/ addl. pension within a week (by 21st oct 2008).

Concordance tables provided for pre-1996/pre-2006/post-2006 pay-scales/bands for proper fixation BENEFICIALto pensioners. (THIS MAY SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF Pre-1986 Retirees also)

Illustrations given for guidance.

Concerned banks etc. to disburse pension/ arrears as per OM of 1st Sep 2008.
DR amounts also to be added for periods relevant at rates already ordered.

All actions to be completed within a month (may be before 15th Nov 2008?)

Guidance has also been given as to the procedure to be followed in cases of missing details like DOB/age/ service details in the earlier PPOs etc and also in case of missing details like DOB among family pensioners.

(THIS IS HAPPENING IN MANY CASES_ ALL PENSIONERS/ FAMILY PENSIONERS MAY CHECK FOR MISSING DETAILS IN THE RESPECTIVE PPOs AND DECIDE ON THE COURSE OF ACTION TO FOLLOW. BANKS/ POs MAY PLEAD HELPLESSNESS. FRIENDS/ EX. COLLEAGUES/ PENSIONERS' ASSOCIATIONS must come forward to ASSIST aged pensioners/ helpless family pensioners etc.)

( Banks etc also have to take action to ensure entries in the Pension Books/ Records and issue necessary Pension Orders with copies to the concerned authorities. Pensioners/ Family Pensioners shd watch/ enquire/ ensure to avoid future gaps!)

NEGATIVE:

I WAS HOPING THE ISSUE OF PENSION INJUSTICE THAT HAS BEEN PERPETUATED ( REF: my main thread starting with "Injustice to Pre-2006 pensioners.......etc") WILL BE RESOLVED THRU THIS OM ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED! ALL AFFECTED MAY HAVE TO FIGHT & WAIT.

CORE ISSUE OF DISPARITY ARISING OUT OF BUNCHING PRE-2006 SCALES/BANDS FOR PENSION PURPOSES and RELEGATING THE PARITY TO A LOWER STARTING LEVEL PAY IN THE NEW BUNCHED PAY BAND REMAINS OUTSTANDING.

DoP/PW and MOF to act fast to undo the damage and injustice.

vnatarajan

sudacgwb
16-10-2008, 06:00 PM
The OM dated 14/10/2008 at para no: 7 (page 2) ......enhanced pension and ARREARS ARE DISBURSED TO ALL ..... BY 30.11.2008. Does this means the arrears will be disbursed in one installment?

If, yes, Govt. has rectified the grave mistake of giving arrears to pensioners in two installments.

ranganathan
16-10-2008, 10:01 PM
the new om of oct 14, does not indicate the removal of the 40% cap already in place for the current year. continuing the trail left by mr Natarajan,; the 14 oct Om does not remedy the misgiving regarding disparity. i should think it rather consolidates and gives a practical shape to this misgiving.the positive aspects are of course there which will speed up the mid-way settlement as per their definition of the minimum pension

kssitaraman
16-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Pensioners including myself are indebted to Sri Natarajan for putting in a nutshell for their info the positive aspects of the Pension Dept's latest clarification.

As regards the negative side mentioned by him, I take this opportunity to make the following comments, which I hope he will appreciate.

The Govt must have cleared more or less all the minor doubts that arose in the minds of the Pensioners from the original orders, with its subsequent clarificatory OMs the latest being the one in discussion. Sri Natarajan's case as he has explained in several of the Threads seems to be special, involving even fundamental questions like juniors getting more than the seniors, etc; the juniority/seniority issue has been taken care of as regards serving employees while it appears to have been overlooked in the case of pensioners. This is indeed an anamolous situation requiring urgent and just remedy. The number of pensioners losing their rights and money in this manner must be handful and acceding to their demand by the Govt. cannot be a big burden since the outgo in the event of acceding to the demand must be a fraction of the largesse so kindly granted by the Govt. So I feel Sri Natarajan has a good case at hand for appeal. If Sri Natarajan has already not done so, he may along with others similarly placed, lodge, yes lodge an appeal with the Pension dept. immediately. If I remember correct, the govt. has already set up an Anamolies Committe to function for a year, to consider and dispose of all cases of complaints within a time frame. Pension cases may not take a lot of time and so hopefully he will have a favourable OM exclusively dealing with this issue. So let us hope for the best.

vnatarajan
17-10-2008, 11:35 AM
My thanks to Shri Sitaraman. Perceptions on injustice appear to vary. Equal pension for retirees of equal rank/ grade irrespective of date of retirement is a foregone conclusion/clarification and is constitutionally validated under Artcle 14. Many court judgments have proved the point.

Elsewhere, in another thread, Mr Vijai Kapooor had rightly pointed out that the issue of parity in pension was taken up in all earnestness in 5th CPC and also implemented to a great extent. Though point to point equality was not possible, there was some bunching of increments, and old pensioners did get not only equality but something more than equality in many cases.

In the 6th CPC, the decision I and my friends are pointing out is retrogressive, taking the higher rank/ grade pensioners to lower levels resulting in lowering of the equality principle.

As rightly observed, widespread protests have already been launched and representations have gone to DoP/PW and even PMO. (I feel sorry to point out, nowadays, decisions are made in the courts and not in the Ministries and veterans like us are made to feel that there is a great fall in standards of administration! And even after that, the spirit and essence of the judgments are repeatedly violated!))

Unfortunately many pensioners/ family pensioners are too old, have no access to e-support, lack even moral support to fight.

CLARIFICATIONS CAN BE PROVIDED FOR GUIDANCE BUT INDIVIDUALS HAVE TO TAKE UP THE FIGHT FOR JUSTICE.

vnatarajan.

kssitaraman
17-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Dear sri Natarajan,

I am struck by your very prompt responses while having a very busy schedule indeed attending to other threads and helping out the other pensioners as well.

I am in full agreement with the viewpoint that standards have gone down at all levels including administrative. You will be surprised to know, if you are not already aware that in an earlier Nakara case in 1979,the Govt did hold the view that once the employee retires, the nexus between him and the employer was broken. the Pension once fixed is never altered during his life time regardless of the erosion of money value or subsequent revision of Pay scales and pension. This was promptly challenged by Nakara in the Supreme court. A full Bench of the Apex Court consisting of S/Shri Y.V.Chandrachud (CJ), V.D.Tuljapurkar (J), D.A.Desai (J), O.Chinnappa Reddy (J) and Baharul Islam (J) delivered judgement in 1982 quashing the cut off date 1.4.1979. This turned to be a land mark judgement which benefitted lakhs of pensioners. The Apex court held that the Pension scheme consistent with available resources must provide that the pensioners would be able to live - (a) free from want with decency, independence and self-respect; (b) at a standard equivalent at the pre-retirement level and constitute that they 'live' and not merely 'exist'; (c) the pension is neither a bounty nor a matter of grace depending upon the sweet will of the employer; it is not an ex-gratia payment but a payment for past service rendered. It is a social welfare measure rendering socioeconomic justice to those who in the hey-day of their life solely toiled for the employer on an assurance that in their old age they would not be left in the lurch. The quotes in 'bold' and 'italics' are from Pages 7/8 of RAILWAY FEDERATION NEWS January-
february 2008 Issue published by AIRRF

I also wish to state that the present Govt. is most sympathetic and helpful to pensioners--the FM himself being attached to senior citizens-- and it was not the case earlier nor can it be assured in the future. So I feel without further loss of time the present Govt should be approached as regards the anomaly now in discussion for a quick and favourable remedy.

sudacgwb
17-10-2008, 09:48 PM
It must be remembered salary depends not only on the grade/scale of entry but length of service. A senior newly joined is in all probability gets less gross compared to the official even in the lower grade with long years of exp. getting more salary. Consequence of this is difference in pension which is function of last pay drawn and service etc.

What was essential was to ensure a person retiring will get minimum pension a person gets from that grade/post/scale notwithstanding when he has retired/retiring. This has been taken care in case of all pensioners.

The only point that must be ensured is to make the govt. to pay the arrears in one installment as the OM dated 14/10/2008 tends to say so.

vnatarajan
18-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Dear Shri Sitaraman

Grateful thanks for your rejoinders and suggestions. I and my friends are on the task.

(I have posted the implications of disparity in my main thread of the Discussion Board : "Injustice to Pre-2006 Pensioners............etc.")

vnatarajan.

(P.S.: I WANT THIS THREAD TO FOCUS MORE ON NEW OMs/ CIRCULARS/ ORDERS/ AUTHENTIC SUPPORTIVE DOCUMENTS etc SO THAT WE CAN READILY REFER TO THIS THREAD).

vijai kapoor
18-10-2008, 08:18 PM
This has ref to mr Sudhacgwb

He has rightly said that What was essential was to ensure a person retiring will get minimum pension a person gets from that grade/post/scale notwithstanding when he has retired/retiring. This has been taken care in case of all pensioners.

However what has been done in order dt 3.10.08 and 14.10.08 is contrary to the above and is the whole cause of this dispute and debate.

For example if a person has retired from S-29 scale (18400-22400) as per 6 cpc recommendation as well as order dt 1.09.08 para 4.2 he should get atleast 50% of the minimum pay in payband plus gde pay corresponding to pre-revised payscale. (This obviously meant minimun pay in payband corresponding to pre-revised scale plus gde pay corresponding to prerevised scale.)

As per the fitment tables issued by M of Fin on 30.08.08 for serving officer the minimum pay in payband is 44700 which is corresponding to the min of pre-revised scale i.e. 18400. With gde pay 10000 the min pension comes to 27350.

However the orders dt 3.10.08 and 14.10.08 has changed to 50% of minimum of payband (irrespective of pre-revsied scale) ie 37400 plus gde pay 10000 and thus min pension by this interpretation comes to 23700.

What can now be done is to request and demand from P&PWs to correct this erroneous interpretation and issue correct clarification letter and table in line with Min of Fin OM dt 30.08.08.

vijai kapoor
18-10-2008, 08:28 PM
This ref to mr Sudhacgwb

He has rightly said that What was essential was to ensure a person retiring will get minimum pension a person gets from that grade/post/scale notwithstanding when he has retired/retiring. This has been taken care in case of all pensioners.

However what has been done in order dt 3.10.08 and 14.10.08 is contrary to the above and is the whole cause of this dispute and debate.

For example if a person has retired from S-29 scale (18400-22400) as per 6 cpc recommendation as well as order dt 1.09.08 para 4.2 he should get atleast 50% of the minimum pay in payband plus gde pay corresponding to pre-revised payscale. (This obviously meant minimun pay in payband corresponding to pre-revised scale plus gde pay corresponding to prerevised scale.)

As per the fitment tables issued by M of Fin on 30.08.08 for serving officer the minimum pay in payband is 44700 which is corresponding to the min of pre-revised scale i.e. 18400. With gde pay 10000 the min pension comes to 27350.

However the orders dt 3.10.08 and 14.10.08 has changed to 50% of minimum of payband (irrespective of pre-revsied scale) ie 37400 plus gde pay 10000 and thus min pension by this interpretation comes to 23700.

What can now be done is to request and demand from P&PWs to correct this erroneous interpretation and issue correct clarification letter and table in line with Min of Fin OM dt 30.08.08.

sudacgwb
18-10-2008, 09:09 PM
I wish Mr.Natarajan will focus first on the payment of arrears in one installment rather than spreading over two financial years. If that is not possible over a period of two months.

vnatarajan
19-10-2008, 06:44 AM
I and my friends thank Mr Vijai Kapoor for explaining the ambiguity in clear terms.

Our thanks are also to Sudacgwb's suggestion- we all are for it and we will continue for the struggle for the payment of ALL the arrears (including our arrears of the invisible parts of the pension) in one or two instalments- at least within this FINANCIAL YEAR, which could become a reality-provided- all of us individually and collectively (through our associations also) voice the demand to DoP/PW & MoF and try hard.

vnatarajan .

vnatarajan
22-10-2008, 07:14 PM
hi All

Those interested in seeing useful references/ clarifications etc wrt the disparities and also to understand how many scales are affected due to the recent corrigendum/ clarification OMs of the DoP/PW issued in Oct 2008 on pension revision, may also see the representation/ appeal made to the PMO by the Retd. Railway Employees' Welfare Association on 16th Oct 2008- in their website www.rrewa.org .

vnatarajan

poojari
23-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Can anybody clarify whether the person resigned from Govt. service after 1.1.2006 can opt for the new pay fixation ? What is the amount of ignorable part of pension which was earlier Rs. 1500/- in the 5th CPC ?

sundarar
23-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I wish Mr.Natarajan will focus first on the payment of arrears in one installment rather than spreading over two financial years. If that is not possible over a period of two months.

It is learnt that the State Bank of India at Tiruchirapalli, Tamilnadu has disbursed 1st instalment (40%) of pension arrears alongwith the September 2008 revised pension on 29.9.2008 itself. Whereas, same SBI in some other States, even after stipulation of one week by the O.M. dt. 14.10.2008, has not disbursed till this moment. The reluctancy in disbursing the arrears at least before the Festival days that are around shortly, could not be understood. The concerned Branch shows their hand towards their Local Head Office which is situated at the Capital of the State. The Help line of the said Local Head Office has not bothered to give a feed back for our request about the disbursement. Awaiting with hopes for early disbursement.

vnatarajan
25-10-2008, 10:58 PM
hi

This is for the information of those pre-2006 and earlier/old pensioners, who believe that they have been subjected to some injustice or disparity due to the various implementation OMs of DoP/PW issued in Oct 2008 consequent to 6CPC recos.

They may please visit the website of Retd. Railway Employees' Welfare Association(RREWA) and study their collective representation to the PM and also the different types of representations sent by individual pensioners to various authorities who matter to resolve the problem/ anomaly etc. The representations/ appeals contain a no of clarifications/ references/ precedences/ court case details/ earlier orders/ citing of rules etc.either in the text or as annexures.

The above can be accessed in the RREWA's website at www.rrewa.org .

They may be useful for drafting any representations for/ by the affected Pensioners/ Family pensioners.

vnatarajan.

vnatarajan
27-10-2008, 10:24 AM
hi All

HAPPIEST DIWALI GREETINGS TO EVERYBODY! ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF THIS LIGHT-FULL AND DELIGHTFUL DAY WITH ALL!

SPECIAL WISHES TO GCONNECT AND ITS ESTABLISHMENT

vnatarajan & Co-pensioners/ families from Chennai

vnatarajan
28-10-2008, 07:19 AM
hi All

Letters to the Editor of Hindu published on 27th Oct 2008 on one of the issues of 6th CPC reproduced (Courtesy : Mr R Sundaram/ Mr P K Ranganathan):

Letter To The Editor In The Hindu 27/10/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixth Pay Commission

The Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations have brought some cheer to Central government employees in these difficult times. But a sizeable number of retired senior citizens have been left in the lurch. They include those who retired from some senior levels before January 1, 2006. The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare’s clarification of October 3, 2008, has reduced to naught all accepted official norms, contravening the decision of the Supreme Court. It has brought despair to an arbitrarily created section of the same grade of pensioners.

A spate of representations pointing out this anomaly has not met with any response. The government, in fact, reinforced the arbitrariness in its next clarification order dated October 14, 2008. The clarification has resulted in the denial of the minimum basic pay and the resultant minimum pension to those on one side of the chronological divide as on January 1, 2006.

As a typical example, between two officers at the level of Joint Secretary, the one who retired before January 1, 2006, will draw a pension of Rs.23,700 whereas the others retiring on or after the same date will draw Rs.27,350 per month.

P.K. Ranganathan,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vnatarajan

subba Rao R S
28-10-2008, 03:21 PM
The OM dated 14/10/2008 at para no: 7 (page 2) ......enhanced pension and ARREARS ARE DISBURSED TO ALL ..... BY 30.11.2008. Does this means the arrears will be disbursed in one installment?

If, yes, Govt. has rectified the grave mistake of giving arrears to pensioners in two installments.

There may be many pensioners who may not see 2009 April. It will be in the best interest of the pensioners if Government takes a decision to pay arrears in one instalment to pensioners. will the authorities take note of this and do the needful ?:cool:

vnatarajan
28-10-2008, 06:31 PM
hi

If the DDOs concerned viz - Banks/POs - at least some of them interpret the way we are hoping, it may happen!

We have to wait and watch for the first news on this when the earliest of the Banks (could be SBI/ its branches/ subsidiaries) act on the 14th Oct 2008 OM and then may realise the contents of it in true colours!

Best of luck to all!

vnatarajan

kssitaraman
29-10-2008, 03:16 PM
My Bank (Bank of Maharashtra) paid my old pension for Sept 2008 but credited 40% of the arrears inclusive of the extra amount for Sept 2008 on 17/10/2008.

vnatarajan
29-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Mr KSS/ others

My bankers also (incidentally Bk of Mah, Besant Ngr Br) credited my arrears of 40% around the same date (viz arrears upto Sept 2008) and the new pension amount/ break up etc will be known only when I draw the Oct 2008 pension!

However, SBI and its branches in Chennai had been the earliest to pay pension of Sept 2008 at new rates and also 40% arrears etc by the end of Sept 2008 itself.

IN ALL THE CASES, PENSION AND ARREARS HAVE BEEN PAID STRICTLY ACCORDING TO THE READY PENSION TABLE annexed to the OM of 1st Sept 2008 (I think!).

When the Banks (eg: ours) pay the pension according to the OMs of 3rd / 14th Oct 2008 (may be in Nov 2008 at the earliest!), we will know the final pension that will be disbursed by the Banks in cases like ours/ final sum of arrears that will be paid by our Banks etc.

vnatarajan

kssitaraman
31-10-2008, 12:30 PM
When I went to my Bank as usual to draw my pension today, I found that neither my enhanced pension nor the old pension had been credited. The Branch Manager said the particulars have not come from the Link Branch and that he is expecting the same by 10th Nov..

I hear that recently the pension disbursement work had been centralised to a link branch as per a directive from the Bank administration possibly inorder to improve efficiency and avoid complaints.This is the outcome. Hitherto my Branch had been doing this work quite efficiently. Perhaps there were complaints about many Branches.

Of course I can manage but how about lakhs of other pensioners who are wholly dependent on their pension for their day to day needs.

I am sorry if this narration has come under a wrong Thread. Perhaps it should come under 'Enhanced pension & arrears' initiated by Mr. Subba Rao.

vnatarajan
02-11-2008, 12:03 PM
hi All

Letter published in the Deccan Chronicle, Chennai Ed, of 30th Oct 2008, reproduced here for info:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deccan Chronicle 30th Oct 2008 Page 10 – Letters column

PENSION PLEA
Sir, There is no doubt that
implementation of the 6th
central pay commission recommendations
has brought
some cheer to the Central
government employees. But a
sizeable number of retired
senior citizens, including all
those who retired from senior
levels before January 1,
2006, have been left in the
lurch. This group is aggrieved
because the pension
department’s clarification of
October 3, 2008, brings to
naught all accepted norms
contravening the decisions of
the Supreme Court. A spate
of representations pointing
out this anomaly has not been
met with any response. We
appeal to the authorities concerned
to redress our grievances
and do justice.
P. K. RANGANATHAN
Chennai
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(courtesy:AVMukuntharajan, Jr Member/ PKR)

vnatarajan

vnatarajan
04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
hi

Dear All

Mr R Sundaram's (our member?) letter appears to have been published in the Hindu, Chennai Edition today-reproduced from website of iofs:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixth Pay Commission

Over the years, particularly after the Fifth Pay Commission recommendations, near-parity has been established between past pensioners and those just retiring from Central government services. The Commission had hoped that full parity would become possible after computerisation. But the authorities are laying down rules that strike at the roots of the existing norms of parity, notwithstanding the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations.

Now, there are two classes of pensioners — those who retired before and after 2006. Those retiring after 2006 reap the full benefits of protection of 50 per cent of the salary last drawn. But the pre-2006 retirees are being scaled down to an arbitrary point in the new scales termed minimum of pay bands which, in most cases, have no relevance to the posts from which they retired. The value of their service is thus being arbitrarily deflated.

R. Sundaram,

Chennai
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vnatarajan

RSundaram
04-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Dear Mr Natarajan
Thank you very much for drawing attention to the above. The letter was written by me. I have also sent an article to the Hindu Businessline called " Lost In Translation" on the same matter which I hope will be published by on 6/11/08. I shall let you know when it appears.

Thank you very much for visiting www.iofsbrotherhood.org and registering there. We all look forward to fruitful and interesting interaction there too.
Love and regards
R.Sundaram

vnatarajan
05-11-2008, 07:43 AM
hi All

Here is a good summary of the "Chaos in Implementation" of 6CPC orders which lists out almost all the issues, published as Editorial in the Pensioners' Advocate (Oct 2008?)

( PENSIONERS' ADVOCATE/ its Editorial Committee (S/Shri Mr Chacko/ Mr Narasimhan in particular)have taken pains to highlight some of the woes of the Pensioners consequential to the chaos created by 6cpc implementation orders in their editorial of October issue.We care thankful to them.. I am trying to post it here for evereyone/ other Associations etc to see & follow actions.News Papers at Delhi must be approached for highlighting in a similar fashion the disturbing/ discenting issues of 6 CPC orders!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(courtesy AVMukuntharajan, Gen. Sec, PF & Jt. Sec AIFPA)

PENSIONERS' ADVOCATE (oct 2008 ?)

EDITORIAL
CHAOS IN IMPLEMENTATION

The Central Government magnanimously ordered that the disbursing units i.e. post offices and banks should ensure that the revised pension as a result of 6th CPC recommendations and 40% of arrears thereof upto September 2008 should be paid to the pensioners and family pensioners before 30.9.2008. Pensioners and family pensioners thronged the post offices and banks with the fond hope that they would be receiving the revised pension including arrears as 30.9.2008 and celebrate the festivals and Diwali a little more happily . But they were badly disappointed
Reports received from various sources, - pensioners associations, pensioners and individuals reveal that except a few branches of State Bank of India, all other banks and post offices have not implemented the Govt’s orders in letter and spirit.
Some of the disbursing units, paid revised pension only without arrears.

Some of the post offices paid Rs. 25000/- or so to pensioners after
obtaining an undertaking that over payments if any, would be adjusted in subsequent pension payments.

Some post offices had their calculations ready but could not draw money from banks, due to strike by the bank employees on 24th and 25th September
and subsequent bank holidays on 30.9.2008 and 1st and 2nd October 08

Due to Dasara holidays, the payments will be further delayed . We will thank God if the arrears are paid atleast before Deepavali.

Some of the banks appear to have insisted on the surrender of the P.P.Os by the pensioners before effecting payment . The orders are very clear and the P.P.Os need not be surrendered .

In some post offices in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka , the payment of fixed medical allowance of Rs. 100/- had been with held. There are no orders for such an action. The authorities concerned should pay the withheld amount immediately to the pesnioenrs.

Several clarifications have been issued by the Pension Ministry on 3rd October 08 . They have been published else where in this issue.

One of the clarification is that the sum of 50% of pay + grade pay should be based on the minimum of the pay band and not on the minimum pay of the band corresponding to the 5th CPC scale. In effect, the benefit that would accrue to the pensioners is denied to them as the pension calculated as per fitment formula is higher than the pension as per fixation formula. Different interpretations of scales have been given in this regard. One for the pensioners, another for serving employees and yet another for direct recruits. Never in the history of past five pay commissions had this problem cropped up.

The clubbing of scales under four different pay bands , and with the same grade pay to some of these scales in the same band are the main reasons for such interpretations.

We request the Government to have a rethinking in the matter and restore the status of past pensioners by adopting the same pay fixation formula for pensioners and serving employees to remove the disparity that has crept in.

The rate of dearness relief to exgratia pensioners have not yet been announced Similarly, those serving employees who retired on after 1.1.2006 but opted out of revised pay scales are entitled to the dearness relief at the old rate which is 54% from 1.7.2008.

The BSNL retirees are outside the purview of the Sixth CPC recommendations . The merger of 50% dearness relief granted to serving BSNL employees have not been extended the BSNL pensioners . This need to be attended to immediately.

The non civilian defence pensioiners are unhappy because order have not been issued by the Defence Ministry in this regard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vnatarajan

vnatarajan
05-11-2008, 05:45 PM
hi All

In continuation of the above, some more analysis as available in the GENERAL SECRETARY(AIFPA)'S NOTES - in the PENSIONERS' ADVOCATE (Oct 2008 ?) is furnished here for the info. of all: (Courtesy: AVMukuntharajan, PF/ AIFPA)
---------------------------

GENERAL SECRETARY’S NOTES (Mr AGChacko, Gen Secy, AIFPA)
Namaskar,
Greetings of the Season
Anomalies due to arbitrary bunching of pay scales:-
The Sixth Pay Commission instead of considering the long pending genuine demands of employees and pensioners, and suggesting measures to redress them had created confusion and dissatisfaction to all sections of employees and pensioners . As a result even after a month orders for revision of pay , pension and payment of arrears to Defence forces, Ex-servicemen and Defence Civilians are yet to be issued by the Defence Ministry.
The Fifth pay commission had introduced 34 pay scales S1 to S34 for Groups A,BC,D . Later Govt. added one more scale S-2A and the total became 35.
The Sixth CPC had recommended abolition of Group D Cadre coming under pay scales S1, S2, S 2A & S.3 Progressively . The pay scales S-4 to S-30 were bunched and brought under four pay bands as given below .
Pay band 1 - S-4 to S-8
“ 2 -S-9 to S-15
“ 3 -S-16 to S-23
“ 4 - S-24 to S-30
Pay Scales S-31 & S.32 are treated as HAG., S.33 as Apex scale and
S-34 for Cabinet Secretary,
The VI CPC had arbitrary bunched several existing pay scales under each pay band . All pay scales brought under each pay band have the same amount of minimum an maximum pay. The minimum pay is arbitrarily fixed . it is as low as 1.78 times of pre- revised pay scale while in some cases it is as high as 3.22 times as shown in the Table below . The arbitrary fixation of the minimum Pay Scales creates anomaly. As a new D.A slab is introduce from 1.1.2006 existing D.A. in full is to be merged with the pay/ pension. it works out to 1.86 times. Further the fitment allowance o 40% is also to be added. The total of the two comes to 2.26 times of the existing pay/ pension . this amount should reflect in the minimum pay fixed in each pay band . However the minimum pay fixed in the pay bands 1 to 3 are less than 2.26 of the pre-revised pay scales. For example pay scale S-8 with a starting pay of Rs. 4500/- is brought under pay band – 1 carrying a minimum pay of Rs.5200 and grade pay Rs.2800 . The minimum pay equivalent to Rs. 4500/- should be ( 4500x 2.26) – 2800 ( GP) =7370/-
Similarly the minimum pay in other pay bands are to be
P-2 - (8000X2.26) - 5400= Rs.12680
P-3 - (12000 X2.26) - 7600 = Rs. 19520/-
P-4 - ( 22400X2.26) - 12000 = Rs. 38624
In all cases minimum pay is fixed lesser than 2.26 times. Further parity in pension for existing pensioners is worked out based on 50% o the minimum pay in each pay band plus grade pay. As the minimum pay in each pay band is low the existing pensioners do not get any benefit out of the 50% fixation of pension. We would request the Govt. and the Anomaly committee to review these anomalies and rectify them by raising the minimum pay in each pay band suitably as suggested
-------------------------------------------------------

vnatarajan

vnatarajan
12-11-2008, 01:06 PM
hi All

I request all interested to visit the RREWA's website www.rrewa.org and see their latest well drafted representation dated 11th Nov 2008 to the Secy, Min. of P/PG/P regdg. various issues related to the pensioners' grievances (pre-post 2006 upto 1st sept 2008) consequent to the OMs of implementation of 6 cpc recos. It contains valuable interpretations/ clarifications/ references etc.

vnatarajan

vnatarajan
13-11-2008, 05:57 PM

hi All Pensioners/ Family Pensioners,

I HAVE COME TO KNOW THE BANKS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DISBURSE EVEN OUR 'MUTILATED' PENSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOP/PW's OM of 14th OCT 08 BECAUSE, IN MANY CASES (INCLUDING MANY OF OURS HERE) THE PPOs DO NOT CONTAIN THE IMPORTANT INFO OF THE PAY SCALE IN WHICH THE PENSIONER RETIRED!

Consequently, the 2.26 formula is the best they can do for payments, wh is nothing but the Fitment Table of 3rd OCT's OM and wh many banks have already done.

I have thought about some alternative.

There is a RULE by which a GOVT SERVANT can get a copy of the SERVICE BOOK on a nominal payment. CAN SOMEBODY PICK IT (THE RULE/ CIRCULAR ? SWAMY"s BK) UP AND FLASH IT HERE SO THAT I CAN GO TO MY OLD OFFICE HERE AT BANGALORE TOMORROW AND DEMAND FOR IT?

Pl. help. (as it will at least in part help me to take up and fight out the issue with the Bank) ; the old PAO dealing with my office pleads helpless and is not willing to cooperate much as he has no mandate nor any OMs have reached him for any action!!!!!!
CPAOs at Regions want entire lot of pensioners' cases to reach them at one time which is next to impossible!

SERVICE BOOK COPY! SERVICE BOOK COPY! SERVICE BOOK COPY!

vnatarajan

toy2000in
14-11-2008, 04:29 PM

I HAVE COME TO KNOW THE BANKS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DISBURSE EVEN OUR 'MUTILATED' PENSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOP/PW's OM of 14th OCT 08 BECAUSE, IN MANY CASES (INCLUDING MANY OF OURS HERE) THE PPOs DO NOT CONTAIN THE IMPORTANT INFO OF THE PAY SCALE IN WHICH THE PENSIONER RETIRED!

Consequently, the 2.26 formula is the best they can do for payments, wh is nothing but the Fitment Table of 3rd OCT's OM and wh many banks have already done.

There is a RULE by which a GOVT SERVANT can get a copy of the SERVICE BOOK on a nominal payment. CAN SOMEBODY PICK IT (THE RULE/ CIRCULAR ? SWAMY"s BK) UP AND FLASH IT HERE SO THAT I CAN GO TO MY OLD OFFICE HERE AT BANGALORE TOMORROW AND DEMAND FOR IT?

Pl. help. (as it will at least in part help me to take up and fight out the issue with the Bank) ; the old PAO dealing with my office pleads helpless and is not willing to cooperate much as he has no mandate nor any OMs have reached him for any action!!!!!!
CPAOs at Regions want entire lot of pensioners' cases to reach them at one time which is next to impossible!

vnatarajan

Providing certified copy of Service Book
[Government of India decision No.(5) below GFR 81].

4.16 A certified copy of service book may be supplied on payment of a copying fee Rs. 5/- to a Government servant who asks for it on quitting Government service, by retirement, discharge or resignation.

vnatarajan
14-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Dear Toy2000in

Really you brought me 'joy'! On monday I will try to test my old office!Many thanks!

vnatarajan

vnatarajan
17-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi
For info of all pensioners,

There is a letter issued by the CPAO, MoF to the Nodal Officers (of Banks) etc regarding providing a 'Due- Drawn" statement copy to all pensioners, cinsequentb to payment of new pension/ arrears etc.
It is available for access in the website of RREWA.

vnatarajan

subba Rao R S
23-11-2008, 08:19 PM

vnatarajan

SBI at Bangalore on an application by the affected pensioner has given the revised pension as per order dated 14th OCT 2008. Draft application is given below which may be useful

R S Subba Rao

--------------------------------------------------------------

To : The manager,
The State Bank of India,
Srinagar Branch,
Bangalore 560 050.

Sirs,

Sub : SB A/C No xxxxxxxxxx – Pensioner Government Of India-
Disbursement of 6th Pay commission Revised pension and arrears

Thank you for arranging for credit of Rs xxxxx/- on xx-xx-2008 under pension head No xxxxxxxxx to my subject a/c held in your branch.

I presume the credited amount is to-wards the arrears of re-fixed pension from 1-1-2006 as per 6CPC. In this connection, I bring the following details to your notice;

Details of Self :

Name : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PPO No : xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Birth : xxxxxxxxxx
Date of retirement : xxxxxxxxxxx
Scale of Pay at the time of retirement: 14300-400-18300
Corresponding pay band and grade
Pay / Pay scale w.e.f 1-1-2006 : PB -4/ S – 26
Pension received as on 1-08-2008 : Rs xxxxx

In connection with the above I am enclosing a copy of the G O I order No 38/37/08 P&P PW (A) dated 14th October 2008. As per this order I am entitled for credit of Rs 23,606/- to my SB a/c as per revised pension (revised pension being Rs 23,050/-). From September 2008. I am also entitled for the credit of first installment of arrears of Rs 1,09,654/-.

I request you to take up the matter with the concerned authorities and arrange for crediting the entitled amount as said above to my SB a/c.

Expecting your immediate action and thanking you in anticipation.

Yours Faithfully

(xxxxxxxxxxx) pensioner.

Enclosures : 1) Copy of GOI order No 38/37/08-P&P PW(A) dated 14th OCTOBER 2008 with annexure II.

2 )Copy of work sheet of calculation of revised pension and arrears.

3)Copy of PPO order No xxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------

vnatarajan
24-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Dear Mr Subba Rao/ All,

At Bangalore, I went to my Deptt and requested them to provide me the missing details viz. scale of pay at the time of my retirement, basic pay at the time of retirement,date of borth of my wife. As I had been the HOD earlier there, they requested me to draft a small format wh can serve the cause of all pesnsioners who may come to them for similar or more details. I made out a simple draft- From HOD to the conecerned pension paying branch, with copies to Pao/CPAO for tagging the details to PPOs.
Based on this letter, my pension paying branch has fixed my pension and noted d.o.b. of wife for reference etc, The bankers are cooperative now in most cases after coming to know the missing detail cases can be tackled by them by taking help of knowledgeable pensioners.
I have also guided my pension paying branch in sorting out all the 50 odd cases they have to disburse pension- out of wh hardly 3 needed fixation including mine. Rest are complascent with 2.26 formula pension as per 3rd Oct 2008. They have no means/ patience to find out wh is beneficial.Of course I am sure not many of them are affected.
After discussions, the branch agreed for d.o.b details of wife/ family pensioners provided from any photo id issued by any Govt. source - like CGHS card/ D.L/ Pass Port/ PAN Card or similar one.
Service Bk also my deptt. has greed to provide a copy on payment of 5Rs (notional).
On my suggestion, in future they agreed to provide a certified copy to every retiree as a routine, on his/her superannuation etc.
I think problem regarding pension payments as per 14th Oct 2008 OM may not pose much problems as the banks have understood the system that can be adopted
For calculation of second part of arrears- they are taking some time. So also due- drawn statements- though SBI have done it very fast
Issuing now PPOs will be the area now to act upon- pursue with the bank so that the same goes to our respective PAOs/CPAOs/HODs with copy to us also.
Regards
vnatarajan.

harryrakhraj
01-12-2008, 02:01 PM
For what it's worth, I wish to share this bit of information with fellow Pensioners:

i If your PDA is SBI, you may lodge your complaint with the following:-
RM R-2 DZO <[email protected]>, CPPC DELHI <[email protected]>
ii You may also like to lodge your complaint online with <pensionersportal.gov.in>.

I have lodged my complaint with both the above and am looking forward to their response.

vnatarajan
02-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Dear harry
Nice initiative. I have posted a copy of this in the thread "How Effective is the system of ..................." to have a continuity on realising the emerging "status" of this complaint/ redressal systems, consequent to the load of 6CPC complaints load!
vnatarajan

vnatarajan
04-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Dear All concerned,

This is by way of confirmation/ for information:

1.On producing the certified details reg my scale of pay at the time of my retire
ment in May 1997 from my erstwhile Deptt. to my bankers viz Bank of Maharashtra, Besant Ngr Br, Chennai 90, my pension has been fixed at half of the total of the minimum of the Pay Band 37400- 67000 ie Rs 37400 plus grade pay Rs10000 i.e. at Rs 23700 plus DR @16% on it as on date. (less commuted part).

THE ABOVE FIXATION IS IN TERMS OF THE OM of 14th OCT 2008 of DoP/PW.

2.Earlier I had already receive my pension based on OMs of 1st Sept/ 3rd Oct 2008 and also arrears thereof in Octobet itself, which was strictly as per the 2.26 formula.

3. Arrears now arising out of the second fitment or fixation are yet to be worked out and paid.

4.This is what Banks can do -so far as my case is concerned. May be in similar cases also by other banhs/ POs.

Any grievances has to be now addressed in real/ individual terms to the authorities/ remedial channels.

vnatarajan

dnaga57
04-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Congrats -= Limited though Mr VN.
It is now left to get the 'revised pension corresponding to the prevised scale fitted in Pay Band'. Hope this happens too.
You do not have the 20 year anamoly. For them, applicability of 20 yrs - full pension will be the next step.
Let us move on...

vnatarajan
04-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Dear Mr Naga / All,

What is emerging is as follows.

PB-4 scale pensioners have started receiving the so-called revised pension whereever fixation was needed by the BANKS, ie beyond the 2.26 formala.

A.Pre-2006 Pensioners in the pre-revised scale of 14300- 18300 are getting revised pension at 23050 plus DR as applicable ( commutation amount to be deducted where applicable). They lose the benefit of increments as all increments drawn by them from 14300 onwards till 18300 (& beyond?) have no value as theses increments are bunched together to bring all of them to the minimum level.

B.Pre-2006 Pensioners in the pre-revised scale of 18400-22400 are getting revised pension at 23700 plus DR as applicable (commutation amount to be deducted where applicable).
(1)They lose the benefit of all increments drawn within their pre-revised scale ie from 18400 to 22400 (& beyond?) (2) They also stand to lose on account of merging of several scales from the top one S-30 (22400-24400) down upto S-24 (14300-18300) in terms of their basic pension being downslided to the level of 14300 (minimum of the pay-band equivalent at 37400) for revised pension purposes, with a slight cosmetic offering of grade pay at 10000 instead of 8700/8900 etc for their immediate lower scale pensioners.

C. I have not yet got the details of S-30 category so far.

D. I am not sure how many of the other scales of pensioners are affected! Awaiting some feed back.

vnatarajan.

VGNAMBIAR
04-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Providing certified copy of Service Book
[Government of India decision No.(5) below GFR 81].

4.16 A certified copy of service book may be supplied on payment of a copying fee Rs. 5/- to a Government servant who asks for it on quitting Government service, by retirement, discharge or resignation.

Dear Sir,

As GFR 2005 under Rule 257(2) the Service Book of a Government servant shall be maintained in duplicate. First copy shall be retained and maintained by the Head of the Office and the second copy should be given to the Government servant for safe custody as below:
1. To the existing employees - within six months of the date of which these rules become effective i.e.1-7-2005
2. To the new appointees - within one month of the date of appointment

In view of the above apyment of Rs.5 as per old rules is not applicable

Gopinathan
e-mail [email protected]

vnatarajan
27-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Dear Pensioners,

A sad poem!

"Dear DR!, Dear DR!
Wherever you are?"
"Where to catch?
In the Despatch?"

vnatarajan

Kanaujiaml
27-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Dear Pensioners,

A sad poem!

"Dear DR!, Dear DR!
Wherever you are?"
"Where to catch?
In the Despatch?"

vnatarajan

I would add :

Or, is DR with Election Commission,
waiting for its necessary permission.

vnatarajan
27-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Great!

With Commission or for permission,
Pensioners appear to be in omission!

VN

REX88
28-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Dear Friends & Senior Friends,
I came across this piece of information on an RTI Query which might be of some assitance. [source - Pensioner's advocate] If this message had appeared on any earlier posts, kindly ignore.

"1. Please refer to your RTI application dated 05.02.2009 on the above subject.
2. The Dept of personnel & training which has constituted the National Anomaly Committee has informed that the said committee will examine all kinds of anomalies which are covered under the definition of anomaly as given in their OM No.11/2/2008-JCA dated 12.1.09. If the staff side and the official side agree that a particular issue related to pensions is covered under the definition of anonaly, the same may be taken up for discussion in the national anomaly committee.
The appellate authority is ......"
-CPIO & US to GOI.
GOI, Ministry of Personnel Public grievances & pensions, Dept. of Pension & Pensioners Welfate, No.38/7/09-P&PW(A)

Hope this helps our senior friends - love, Rex88.

vnatarajan
28-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Dear Copensioners/ Friends

At last the DR Circular had been issued by DOPPW.

No 42/12/2009-P&PW G dtd 27.03.2009.

DR is at 22% wef 1.1.2009.

vnatarajan

Kanaujiaml
28-03-2009, 01:41 PM
My dear REX88. Thanks for the informaltion. Ministry of personnel has already issued Om now saying that Pensioners cases would also be taken up by Ano. Committee. Nevertheless, your effort is appreciable.

G.Ramdas
27-05-2009, 09:56 PM
The methodology fo enhancement of pension to those attaining 80 years, was a disputed issue wherever there was deficiency of proper documentation to confirm the age of the pensioner.
Clarifications have now been issued by Department of Pensions on the subject on 21.05.09, for the guidance of the pensioners, concerned PAO and the disbursing bank to resolve the issue.
These are available in the following link:

http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/Pension/38-37-08-p&pw(A)%2021052009.pdf

G.Ramdas

CGman
15-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Implementation of Government 's decision on the
recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission - Revision
of pension of pre -2006 pensioners. 14th July 2009

Link to this circular is http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/Pension/38-37-08-p&pw(A)%2014072009.pdf

ramkanwar
10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Dear Shri Sitaraman

Grateful thanks for your rejoinders and suggestions. I and my friends are on the task.

(I have posted the implications of disparity in my main thread of the Discussion Board : "Injustice to Pre-2006 Pensioners............etc.")

vnatarajan.

(P.S.: I WANT THIS THREAD TO FOCUS MORE ON NEW OMs/ CIRCULARS/ ORDERS/ AUTHENTIC SUPPORTIVE DOCUMENTS etc SO THAT WE CAN READILY REFER TO THIS THREAD).

Kindly go through the circular dated 14th July 2009 by Deptt of Pension. Does it clarify the matter? Will anyone clarify?

ramkanwar
10-08-2009, 08:40 PM
The Dept of Pension has issued yet another clarification dated 14/7/09 which states that pension shall not be less than 50% of the minimum pay in the pay band + grade pay corresponding to pre-revised pay scale from which the officer retired. I do not think that this serves the purpose until and unless it is said that this clarification is in modification/supesession of clarifications dated 3rd & 14th Oct 08.

RK Aggarwal

vnatarajan
10-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Thank you RK

It only aggravatres.

For example Pay band PB4 has one running band from 37400 to 67000.

Minimum Pay in the Pay Band is now CLEARLY 37400- a figure which has become our ETERNAL eye-sore- BORN ENEMY since long!

vnatarajan

Kanaujiaml
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
My dear VN, Others. The Om dated 14 07 09 is for clarifying that the NPA given to Doctors is not to be counted when Revised Pension is calculated on the basis of formula that the revised pension cannot be less than 50 % of sum total of minimum of the pay in pay band plus grade pay thereon. Actually, the Govt. has shifted the definition of "minimum of the pay in the pay band" to "minimum of the pay band". We are suffering on this account. S 30 retirees have been given separate revised pay scale when they raised the issue but s29 and down below, Govt. is reluctant to minimum of the pay in pay band as per Fitment Tables.

ramanrao60
12-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I was, on permanent absorption in central autonomous body transferred to pension establishment after putting in 12yrs-was drawing 1760 pay in 1640-2900 scale-which was upgraded to 2000-later initially sanctioned min pension 375 and revised to 1275-commuted 100%-restored 425 pm(1/3) after 15 yrs-what’s my entitlement now?
friends and peers/seniors Please help

subba Rao R S
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Most of us have received the revised pension and arrears. I wish to draw the attention of all pre-2006 pensioners about the endorsement to PPO issued to pensioners. can any one throw light on endorsement required on the PPO held by the pensioner on revised pension and family pension granted prior to 6 CPC recommendations and its implementation(in the form of corrigendam to original PPO). Is it necessary to get the revised pension/family pension in the pensioner's copy? and if yes who will do this. According to 14th Oct 2008 letter, endorsement is to be done by disbursing banks under intimation to the respective Pay and accounts office who will verify the same. What about the pensioner's copy?

can any one clarify?.

R S Subba rao

subba Rao R S
20-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Most of us have received the revised pension and arrears. I wish to draw the attention of all pre-2006 pensioners about the endorsement to PPO issued to pensioners. can any one throw light on endorsement required on the PPO held by the pensioner on revised pension and family pension granted prior to 6 CPC recommendations and its implementation(in the form of corrigendam to original PPO). Is it necessary to get the revised pension/family pension in the pensioner's copy? and if yes who will do this. According to 14th Oct 2008 letter, endorsement is to be done by disbursing banks under intimation to the respective Pay and accounts office who will verify the same. What about the pensioner's copy?

can any one clarify?.

R S Subba rao

It appears to me that no pensioner is serious about getting revised PPO or wants to wait for some more time. This is to draw the attention once again. I understand that P & T pensioners are getting the revised PPO or endorsement on PPO. I could not get correct info. Can Shri V natarajan or Shri S C maheswari throw some light on this?
Subba Rao R S

G.Ramdas
21-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Dear Sh. Subba Rao,
It is not correct to say that the pensioners are not interested in getting revised PPO from the CPAO or other administrative authorities. Most of them are not aware of the procedure.I have already got my PPO revised including incorporation the revised pay scale and date of birth of my spouse, which details were not available in the earlier PPO( It is a different matter that in that process my name has been mis-spelt in the revised PPO needing yet another amendment!)
In case of civil pensioners a request has to be made for amendment to the COA of the Dept/Ministry who in turn will take up with the CPAO for formal revision/amdmt of the PPO.For Rlys this function is done by the respective Rlys.
The Pensioners should check up whether details of their last pay scale, its revision after tthe 6CPC, date of birth of the pensioner and his/her spouse are avaialable in the PPO. If any of these details are missing, it is better to request for amendment/revision

G.Ramdas

subba Rao R S
21-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Dear Sh. Subba Rao,
It is not correct to say that the pensioners are not interested in getting revised PPO from the CPAO or other administrative authorities. Most of them are not aware of the procedure.I have already got my PPO revised including incorporation the revised pay scale and date of birth of my spouse, which details were not available in the earlier PPO( It is a different matter that in that process my name has been mis-spelt in the revised PPO needing yet another amendment!)
In case of civil pensioners a request has to be made for amendment to the COA of the Dept/Ministry who in turn will take up with the CPAO for formal revision/amdmt of the PPO.For Rlys this function is done by the respective Rlys.
The Pensioners should check up whether details of their last pay scale, its revision after tthe 6CPC, date of birth of the pensioner and his/her spouse are avaialable in the PPO. If any of these details are missing, it is better to request for amendment/revision

G.Ramdas

Thanks for the info. I have taken up the ammendment to PPO with CPAO, CCDA(DRDO) and Dept of Pensioner wellfare already with no positive reply from them. Also I have written to SBI on this. The office where I retired have told that they do not come in pictutre for the Ammendement of PPO(based on the revision of pension). My effort will continue and request other pensioners to pay their attention on this also.

Once again thanks to you for the info

Subba Rao R S

Dr.M.Jauhari
23-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Dear Sh. Subba Rao,

G.Ramdas

Dear Shri Ramdas,
I should be grateful to know the authority to be approached for incorporating details regarding pay scale and date of birth of the spouse.I retired in 1996 and my PPO does not contain these details.In the absence of pay scale,I had a hard time getting my pension revised as per 6th CPC.Dr.M.Jauhari

sundarar
26-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Dear Shri Ramdas,
I should be grateful to know the authority to be approached for incorporating details regarding pay scale and date of birth of the spouse.I retired in 1996 and my PPO does not contain these details.In the absence of pay scale,I had a hard time getting my pension revised as per 6th CPC.Dr.M.Jauhari

Respected Dr. MJji,

As per the DOP&PW OM dated 14.10.2008 - "In case any information regarding date of birth, scale of pay or qualifying service etc. is not available with the Bank, the Bank may obtain the requisite information from the concerned Pay and Accounts Officer/CPAO. It will be the responsibility of the concerned PAO/CPAO to provide the information from the available records within two weeks"...

As per the recent experience, it is learnt in some of the Depts. the Pay and Accounts Officers are of the view that unless the Banks seek the required information, they will not be acting suo moto to provide the missing details such as date of birth etc. On hearing from the Bank they will inform the concerned Administration to prepare the proposal for amendment to be issued in r/o PPO for submitting through PAO to CPAO for formal amendment, as I understood from some sources.

However, your goodself may like to furnish the missing details with a request to your parent department for arranging formal issue of amendment to PPO. You may also like to endorse a copy of your request to the concerned PAO/CPAO as per the DOP&PW OM cited above apart from handing over a copy of your request to the concerned Bank Manager for speedy action. You may also like to enclose an attested copy of the documents involved as a proof so that the processing may be very easy for the concerned authorities. Otherwise also,
they are required to provide from the records available.

It all depends on how best the concerned dealing hands act for early forwarding of proposals to the CPAO ultimately for issue of formal amendment.