PDA

View Full Version : rules to get pension for widow

ushasenthil
17-04-2011, 05:59 PM
my father retired from central govt (ICAR) and was drawing pension. he expired on jan 24/2011.
my query is weather it is essential for my mother to go once to my father's office to get the pension converted in her name? my mother is not in a position to go to my father's office ie
central soil & water conservatin ,ooty. my fathers pension goes to trichy (manachanallur) SBI
and my mother is residing in bengaluru.
ushasenthil

Victor
17-04-2011, 07:41 PM
my father retired from central govt (ICAR) and was drawing pension. he expired on jan 24/2011.
my query is weather it is essential for my mother to go once to my father's office to get the pension converted in her name? my mother is not in a position to go to my father's office ie
central soil & water conservatin ,ooty. my fathers pension goes to trichy (manachanallur) SBI
and my mother is residing in bengaluru.
ushasenthil

You may contact the bank from where your father was drawing pension. They would be in a better position to advise you on the formalities to be completed for drawing family pension in the name of your mother.

Victor

ramanrao60
18-04-2011, 10:29 AM
normally the PPO mentions name of the spouse and the sanction of family pension in the event of death of the pensioner is also embedded in the PPO.

In such case the PDO who disburses the pension can pay the family pension to the spouse after obtaining the death certificate of the pensioner.