PDA

View Full Version : Clarification required regarding salary advance

kamalgupta020
15-04-2011, 06:18 PM
i am a Central Government employee:(:(:(
i want to know that if i am taking leave(earn leave) from 18th April 2011 up to 30th April 2011.
it means i will be on leave up to salary payment day(29th April 2011 Friday) of the month April 2011.
so i want to know that am i eligible for taking salary (for the month April 2011 ) in advance before going on leave.
if yes please tell me about rule or order?

Victor
15-04-2011, 08:00 PM
i am a Central Government employee:(:(:(
i want to know that if i am taking leave(earn leave) from 18th April 2011 up to 30th April 2011.
it means i will be on leave up to salary payment day(29th April 2011 Friday) of the month April 2011.
so i want to know that am i eligible for taking salary (for the month April 2011 ) in advance before going on leave.
if yes please tell me about rule or order?

Advance Leave Salary is admissible only in cases where the leave period is not less than 30 days. In this regard, Rule 42 of CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 is reproduced below:

42. Advance of L eave salary

A Government servant, including a Government servant on foreign service, proceeding on leave for a period not less than thirty days may be allowed an advance in lieu of leave salary up to a month’s pay and allowances admissible on that leave salary subject to deductions on account of Income Tax, Provident Fund, House Rent, Recovery of Advances etc.

NOTE 1. Leave salary advance may also be allowed to Central Government servants transferred temporarily to posts other than under Central Civil Departments. The borrowing authority should be informed of this by making a suitable provision in the terms of the transfer of the Government servants concerned.

NOTE 2:- The concession may be allowed also to State Government servants transferred temporarily to posts under Central Civil Departments.

Victor

kamalgupta020
16-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks Victor je thanks a lot for you kind information...
it means that in my mentioned case, i am not eligible for salary in advance?
is it so?

Victor
16-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks Victor je thanks a lot for you kind information...
it means that in my mentioned case, i am not eligible for salary in advance?
is it so?

Since your leave period is less than 30 days you are not eligible for grant of leave salary advance.

Victor

kamalgupta020
16-04-2011, 04:50 PM
again thank you Shri victor je
but i am not asking about Advance Leave Salary. my question is little bit different. i am asking about Salary in Advance.
i am asking since i have worked up to 18th and after that i am going on Earn Leave(EL). and on EL, government employee is eligible for full salary. because i am taking Earn Leave from 19th April to 30th April 2011 so i will not be present on last salary payment day that is 29th may 2011.
so i may be eligible for Salary in Advance.

Victor
16-04-2011, 07:30 PM
again thank you Shri victor je
but i am not asking about Advance Leave Salary. my question is little bit different. i am asking about Salary in Advance.
i am asking since i have worked up to 18th and after that i am going on Earn Leave(EL). and on EL, government employee is eligible for full salary. because i am taking Earn Leave from 19th April to 30th April 2011 so i will not be present on last salary payment day that is 29th may 2011.
so i may be eligible for Salary in Advance.

"Advance Leave Salary" and "Salary in Advance" are one and the same thing.

Victor

RKPATHAK
16-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Since your leave is for less then 30 days you are not eligible for leave salary advance