PDA

View Full Version : counting of past service

npsingh
10-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Hello

If a central govt. employee of 16 years service,applies & get selected in another organisation(thru proper channel) tender technical resignation to join a Central Autonomous body(CAB) and opt for pensionary benefits under combined service in two organisatios. What would be modus operandi of counting of past service? Is it somehow possible that past service is not counted ? Does counting of past service has any linkage to availing LTC in new organisation i.e whether he would be treated as fresh recruitee or old? Counting of past service is for pensionary benefits only or for service benefits such as LTC ?

Plz respond to each item with supporting rule or OM.

Victor
11-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Hello

If a central govt. employee of 16 years service,applies & get selected in another organisation(thru proper channel) tender technical resignation to join a Central Autonomous body(CAB) and opt for pensionary benefits under combined service in two organisatios. What would be modus operandi of counting of past service? Is it somehow possible that past service is not counted ? Does counting of past service has any linkage to availing LTC in new organisation i.e whether he would be treated as fresh recruitee or old? Counting of past service is for pensionary benefits only or for service benefits such as LTC ?

Plz respond to each item with supporting rule or OM.

I presume that the CAB you have joined is a pensionable organisation.

Your previous organisation has to inform the CAB the details of your qualifying and service also transfer the pensionary liability from their end. Incidentally, the pension entitlement is now 50% of the last basic pay drawn.

As regards LTC you won't be treated as a fresh recruit and the LTC which you have availed in your previous organisation would be taken into account.

Victor

npsingh
11-04-2011, 11:21 AM
thanks a lot sir for prompt response. But a part of my query is still left out. Whether counting of past service is only for pensionary benefits or for service benefits too, i.e whether condition of one year continous service on the date of availing LTC is to be insisted. As I have availed LTC within one year of my appointment in CAB on the presumption that it is only for fresh recruitee to govt. and I have 16 years of past service in central govt, which is countable as per govt. rules. Pl. respond with supporting rule/O.M.

A well thought & supported logic is needed as I have been entangled in this imbroglio and my reimbursement is pending this clarification.

gconnectsna
15-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Refer to the CCS LTC Rules 1988 Rules 7 which states that...

"Rule 7. Admissibility of Leave Travel Concession.-

(1) The leave travel concession shall be admissible to persons of the categories specified in clauses ( i ) and (iii) of sub-rule (3) of Rule 1 only, if they have completed one year’s continuous service under the Central Government on the date of journey performed by him or his family, as the case may be, to avail of the concession.

(2) The leave travel concession shall be admissible during any period of leave, including casual leave and special casual leave."

As is clear you should have completed one year of service in Central Government (and not in that particular organisation). Since your appointment to the CAB was through proper channel and after a technical resignation your past service WILL BE COUNTED and consequently since there is NO BREAK IN SERVICE involved here, there is no requirement for one year of continuous service in the CAB to avail LTC.