PDA

View Full Version : Retention in Service under FR 56(j)

R K Rao
09-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Dear Sirs,

I understand that under FR 56(j), rettention in service has to be reviewed as under :

(a) Group A Officer - On attaining the age of 50 years if he has entered service
after 35 years

(b) All others - After attaining the age of 55 years.

I also understand that there is a clause which states that the above condition is on completion of 30 years of service in case of those WHO ARE NOT COVERED BY ANY PENSION RULES.

[ I do not think that there is any employee who is not covered by Pension Rules and I therefore think that this 30 year seervice clause is no longer applicable. Am I right?]

But recently, my department has issued policy letter that the review should be conducted as mentioned in (a) and (b) above and ON COMPLETION OF 30 YEARS OF SERVICE in case of GROUP C EMPOYEES.

I am perplexed.

Can any one clarify?

Rgds

RK

Victor
11-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Dear Sirs,

I understand that under FR 56(j), rettention in service has to be reviewed as under :

(a) Group A Officer - On attaining the age of 50 years if he has entered service
after 35 years

(b) All others - After attaining the age of 55 years.

I also understand that there is a clause which states that the above condition is on completion of 30 years of service in case of those WHO ARE NOT COVERED BY ANY PENSION RULES.

[ I do not think that there is any employee who is not covered by Pension Rules and I therefore think that this 30 year seervice clause is no longer applicable. Am I right?]

But recently, my department has issued policy letter that the review should be conducted as mentioned in (a) and (b) above and ON COMPLETION OF 30 YEARS OF SERVICE in case of GROUP C EMPOYEES.

I am perplexed.

Can any one clarify?

Rgds

RK

Under FR 56(l) the review can be conducted ONLY in the case of Group C employees who are not governed by any pension rules and who have completed 30 years of service. In the case of Group C employees covered by pension rules, they can be reviewed under FR 56(j) only if they have attained the age of 55 years. The policy of your organisation appears, therefore, to be inappropriate and without any basis.

Further, under FR 56(j) review can be done in the case of Group "A" OR Group "B" Govt. servants on their attaining the age of 50 years and who had joined Govt. service BEFORE attaining the age of 35 years.

Victor

R K Rao
11-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Dear Mr. Victor,

Although I had voiced the same interpretation to my officers concerned, I was worried as to whether I was correct or not. Your clarification has proved I was right and has given me confidence.

Thank you, Sir,

Regards

RKR