PDA

View Full Version : Which Air Conditioner to buy?

Suresh
15-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I am planning to buy an Air Conditioner (Split/1.5T) for my house. I have been enquiring in the stores during the past few days and finally have narrowed down my choices to LG and Voltas.

I would be happy if somebody can tell me which of the two I should go for, and why? Of course, if you feel another brand is better please do let me know. I am open to suggestions.

anarayan
15-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Hello Sir ,
myself again ! from car to AC now ! ...recently set up my new home and was on same boat as u r now ! ...
VOLTAS and LG ...good u have narrowed it down to the BEST of the lot .......
I went for VOLTAS (SPLIT/1T ) ...coz ..
- voltas are known mainly for AC ...and in market for longer duration than LG......also this is a TATA product ..quite reliable too
- voltas uses mitshubhishi compressor where as LG has its own ..i always c japanese better than koreans .. thast the reason i went for ESTILO than SANTRO ..answer for ur ques from my blog !
- price wise both are similar - this u wud have enquired ...
- Noise wise voltas is lil better ...

All the above are my personal opinion !!

bala_ramaraj
21-04-2008, 12:38 PM
YOU BUY O-GENERAL AIR CONDITIONER

velan
26-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Dear Suresh,
I am also hoping to buy one. What did you finally buy? Please let me know

velan
26-04-2008, 02:26 AM
also please guide me suresh

shri75
18-09-2008, 07:40 AM
if you guys have already narrowed it lg and voltas then go for voltas, and also look for bluestar and don't forget to loook for better star ratings, for better power efficiency.

dinu
21-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Well, what a forum!! to discuss anything from everything. Probably this section would see hectic hitz once the arrears getz into the pocket.

amitava
23-09-2008, 01:39 PM
The best is General. However, it is very, very expensive. The second best is Carrier. This is more expensive than both LG and Voltas, but gives trouble free service. Carrier's service network is both large and adequately responsive.While buying ACs concentrate on service and energy consumption.You may also like to visit www.mouthshut.com . This site gives reviews from people who have already bought and used items. Very informative!

badri mannargudi
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Dear friends,
With the onset of Winter, the Off season Offers would be flooding the market. With some arrears still left (provided it is still in the "Available-for- immediate and ready disposal- Box"!), you can expect this thread gathering some momentum.
I had no spedific idea when I had bought ...... well, Electrolux Brand.(The Shopkeeper said that the Equipment has Compressor manufactured by Hitachi.(I did not know anything about GConnect then).
With regards,
Badri.

G.Ramdas
28-12-2008, 11:46 AM
:confused:
Yes , it is a difficult question. I had used Carrier,Hitachi,fedders-lloyd,Samsung and o-general. I find the best is General but it is also the costliest. The cooling is quite good,air throw is the best among its peers.But in places like Chennai where the corrosion is high the metal components get rusted and give way ,though the compressor and motor may be quite good.
Better to go for Korean ones like Samsung or LG which give value for money.
Ramdas

jitendraacr
28-12-2008, 08:28 PM
friends
Comment on purchase of AC in such a cold weather is a hot idea. Purchase an AC which looks good to your eyes and comes into your budget. Don't go on the advice of others. ALL branded ACs are good. One or two functions may be different in each but there is no measure difference in any of it. Am I not right. Go to a showroom which has 3 to 4 brands atleast and decide it there only.
Jitendra

rakeshmehra30
20-08-2010, 11:23 AM
you could buy voltas, also good choices could be carrier and hitachi both are some what costlier than the others, one thing to note NEVER BUY LLYODS AC as its service is really very bad.

ramanrao60
20-08-2010, 12:26 PM
buy highest star rated ac as it gives monthly savings in power consumption
i think carrier or volatas can be recommended
also in many cities voltage problems are there so pl consider ac which work in lower voltages also and with a good servo stabilizer

sebastomas
09-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I also agree with the fact that when choosing any electronic items, its important to check its energy efficiency and star ratings. However, in my opinion, OGeneral is the best air conditioner available in market, though its expensive, its the best deal you can't avoid.

RKPATHAK
09-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Go in for voltas(.)

sinha_audit
12-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I think Suresh must have bought it already. 4 seasons have passed. Now we should be asking him which one he bought and the performance.

prasannakumar
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I think Suresh must have bought it already. 4 seasons have passed. Now we should be asking him which one he bought and the performance.

Dear Mr. Sinha,
You are the only person who noticed that Mr. Suresh might have already purchased the AC. You are a real AUDIT man

Prasanna Kumar

sinha_audit
12-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Dear Mr. Sinha,
You are the only person who noticed that Mr. Suresh might have already purchased the AC. You are a real AUDIT man

Prasanna Kumar

Dear friend Kumar ji,
Thanks for the complement. Infact I work in one of the offices of C & AG of India. May be my mundane job has rubbed off me (ha ha).

Regards,
Alok Sinha

Bradpitt
29-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I want to buy a WINDOW 1.5 T AC in hyderabad.I want to have an AC with gud EER Ratio and 3 or preferably 4 STAR Rating. my budget is around 20k.pls suggest one with good and prompt servicing(customer care).

gsmbooster
26-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I am using O General ACs in my home and I am really satisfied with it, hence I would recommend anyone to use this brand of AC. The best thing about this AC is that they produce lots of noise.

sinha_audit
26-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I am using O General ACs in my home and I am really satisfied with it, hence I would recommend anyone to use this brand of AC. The best thing about this AC is that they produce lots of noise.

O General brand is not available in many states. Anyway, how it is good that your AC produces lots of noise !!