PDA

View Full Version : Ccl for women employees - whether only child will entitle half of 720 days

kasth2007
16-03-2011, 05:35 AM
:)

Sir, in central excise, chennai one women employee has been told that since she is having only one child, hence child care leave would be available restricted to 360 days (half of total entitlement of 720 days).

is this position/stand taken by the authorities/administration valid and in order and is as per the existing orders.

please clarify with reference to existing orders please.
i am of th opinion, that no such restriction exists in any ofCCL ORDERS/clarifications till date.

if so please let me know.

thanking you,

yours faithfuly

kk rangan

SASI
16-03-2011, 09:18 AM
No such restriction exists. Some authorities are denying CCL without assigning any convincing reasons. Some deny CCL on the ground of administrative exigency but they are ready to sanction other type of leave. This tendency need to be fought with.

SASI

RKPATHAK
16-03-2011, 12:33 PM
There is no such restriction. Women employee is free to exhaust all the ccl to her credit subject to fulfilment of other conditions laid down

Ramnath
16-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Dear sir,
I am also in Central Excise (presently in LTU, Chennai).

Every female employee is eligible for 730 days CCL. There is no restriction as to the number of days per child. But can be availed for a maximum of 2 children.

One point to be noted is: Any type of leave cannot be demanded as a matter of right. The Admn. may refuse leave on administrative grounds (as work suffers) but it cannot restrict that CCL should be only upto 365 days per child and like that.

But, it is sad irrefutable fact and bitter truth that CCL has been for some (who are in real need) is a welcome boon but for many it is for misuse.

Ramnath.