PDA

View Full Version : lumpsum, incentive, acquiring, higher, qualification

pinaki_iitkgp
01-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Sir,

I am working as a Jr. Tech. Supdt at IIT Kharagpur since July, 1999 (GP:4200). I have a postgraduate degree in physics (year of passing 1994). My nature of job is basically supervising and managing computer system of a deptt. I am also doing administrative work related to my work. In 2007 I applied to my authority to give permission of MBA degree course in E-Business in Distance Education mode from Annamalai Univ. Authority granted. Recently I passed the MBA exam. Again I applied to the authority for sanctioning lumpsum incentive for acquiring higher qualification. But unfortunately they rejected my request saying there is no provision for incentive for MBA degree. My question is whether I am eligible for the incentive or not? Please clarify.

thanks

Victor
01-03-2011, 01:09 PM
There is no provision for grant of incentive on acquiring MBA qualification.

Victor

pinaki_iitkgp
01-03-2011, 03:03 PM
@victor Sir,

It is clearly written in Swamy's Handbook-2011 page 226-227 : "A lumpsum incentive.... for acquiring higer qualifications useful in the discharge of higher official work". "Incentive should be considered only if the higher qualification will make the official more effective in the present or next higher assignment.".

My work is also 100% related with this MBA degree and it will discharge higher oficial work. Am I clear sir?

Victor
01-03-2011, 03:36 PM
@victor Sir,

It is clearly written in Swamy's Handbook-2011 page 226-227 : "A lumpsum incentive.... for acquiring higer qualifications useful in the discharge of higher official work". "Incentive should be considered only if the higher qualification will make the official more effective in the present or next higher assignment.".

My work is also 100% related with this MBA degree and it will discharge higher oficial work. Am I clear sir?

The reference also indicates the specific qualifications which qualify for lumpsum incentive. The instructions quoted above have to be read in conjunction with these "prescribed qualifications".

Victor

RKPATHAK
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
MBA do not qualify for grant of incentive

pinaki_iitkgp
02-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I am posting one Memorandum dated 11th June, 2009:

REMINDER - I
MOST IMMEDIATE
No. 1/3/2008-Estt(Pay-I)

Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions

Department of Personnel & Training

Subject: Grant of incentive for acquiring higher qualification Inclusion of additional
qualifications/Review of the qualifications listed in the Annexure to this Department's OM No.1/2/89-Estt(Pay-I) dated 9.4.99.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department's OM of even number dated 28.4.2009 regarding grant of incentive for acquiring higher fresh qualifications.

It is proposed to undertake a review of the qualifications listed in this Department's Office Memorandum dated 9.4.99. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to furnish their considered views/suggestions regarding addition/deletion of qualifications listed in the Annexure to OM dated 9.4.99 to this Department within 30 days from the date of issuance of this OM.
(Rita Mathur)
Director(Pay/PIC)

ANY UPDATE OF THE ABOVE MEMORANDUM??

Thanks