PDA

View Full Version : seniority list - direct recuits Vs promotee

shubhamchawhan
24-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I joined as an inspector(directly recruited through SSC) in the month of October 2009 in central excise on the basis of offer of appointment provided to me in the same month.

Further DPC of some Senior Tax Assistants took plane in the month of December 2009 and they were promoted in the same month and joined too.

While preparing seniority list they were placed quite higher to us. An instance of list prepared is as under.

P1-P2-D1-D2-P3-D3 AND FURTHER ON

Is the seniority list OK?

Victor
24-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I joined as an inspector(directly recruited through SSC) in the month of October 2009 in central excise on the basis of offer of appointment provided to me in the same month.

Further DPC of some Senior Tax Assistants took plane in the month of December 2009 and they were promoted in the same month and joined too.

While preparing seniority list they were placed quite higher to us. An instance of list prepared is as under.

P1-P2-D1-D2-P3-D3 AND FURTHER ON

Is the seniority list OK?

Kindly refer to para 2.4 of “Instructions and Guidelines on Seniority” on the topic 'RELATIVE SENIORITY OF DIRECT RECRUITS AND PROMOTEES' available at (http://persmin.gov.in/DOPT/Seniority_Instructions_Guidelines/Seniority_Instructions_Guidelines.pdf). This is as follows:

"2.4 The relative seniority of direct recruits and of promotees shall be determined according to the rotation of vacancies between available direct recruits and promotees which shall be based on the quota of vacancies reserved for direct recruitment and promotion respectively in the Recruitment Rules."

Also please refer to para 2.4.3 of the guidelines for determining the Starting Point in the Roster for inter-se seniority of officers through DR, Promotion, etc. This is as follows:

"The starting point in the roster should be than mode of recruitment prescribed in the Recruitment Rules for which the selection process had been completed first."

As per the instructions, the date of completion of selection process in the case of DR is the date of publication/announcement of results and in the case of promotion it is the last date of DPC meeting.

Therefore, in your case, the starting point in the roster for the purpose of seniority will be DR as the selection process in r/o DR was over much before the selection process of Promotion was over.

So if the RRs prescribe 50% by DR and 50% by promotion, the seniority roster for 2009 in your case will be as follows:

D1-P1-D2-P2-D3-P3-D4-P4 and so on.

Victor

gsnsarma
29-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Ours is a similar case, We have filed an OA in CAT . what is the scale/Post of your joining ? what is the scale of Tax Asst at the time of your joining ?