PDA

View Full Version : LTC Settlement

YBAB
21-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Sub: LTC SETTLEMENT

Dear Sir,
I am working in an autonomous organisation under govt of India at MUMBAI. My Grader pay is Rs 8700/-.
I would like to have the following clarification. I am a central Govt employee and my Grade pay is Rs 8700 and I am eligible for availing air travel on LTC. I availed LTC (Home town) during Dec 10. My Declared home town is Chennai and I am working at MUMBAI.
While going, I went by Indian airlines flight to Chennai on 23rd Dec 2010, and my ticket was as per LTC 80 Scheme –XEIP fare.(Since I booked the ticket well in advance I got my tickets for much lesser price than XEIP fare to Chennai) The shortest flight distance from Mumbai to Chennai is(1030Km)and the XEIP fare is Rs 6883 as on 23rd Dec 2010 and I got ticket for Rs 3779.
While coming back, I travelled 430 Km beyond Chennai. That is I travelled to Coimbatore by train- second sleeper class. The second sleeper class train fare is Rs 204. From Coimbatore I took an Indian airlines flight to Mumbai (my work place). The Flight distance between Coimbatore to Mumbai is 930 Km and the fare paid is Rs 6488. The flight distance and also the fare paid is lesser than my eligible LTC -80 Chennai –Mumbai fare(XEIP fare) and distance by direct flight.
My office is calculating the return fare reimbursement on Pro rata basis and I am getting very much lesser than what I spent for my return journey.
As per best of my knowledge the train fare to Coimbatore needed not be refunded but my air fare from Coimbatore to Mumbai should be refunded fully and not on pro rate basis , since the fare and the distance from Coimbatore to MUMBAI is lesser than my LTC 80 fare and distance from Chennai to Mumbai by direct flight. Even if you add my second sleeper class train ticket fare ( Chennai to Coimbatore) + my flight ticket fare from Coimbatore to Mumbai ,it come lesser than my LTC 80 fare from Chennai to Mumbai by direct flight
Can you please suggest or show some rules from where I can get a solution. My LTC claim is pending because of this. Please reply as early as possible.

Regards
YBAB

Victor
21-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Your office has probably restricted the claim based on the following GOI order pertaining to reimbursement of LTC when performed by longer route.

LTC when journey performed by longer route

(1) When a Government servant or any member of his family performs the journey by a longer route (which is not the cheapest) in two different classes of railway accommodation, the entitled class rate will be admissible for the corresponding proportion of the shortest or the cheapest route and the lower class rate for the remaining mileage by such route.

Example.- If the total distance by the longer route is 1,100 miles and that by the shortest route is 1,000 miles and if the Government servant concerned has travelled the initial 800 miles by II Class and the remaining 300 miles by I Class, Government’s share of reimbursement of the expenditure incurred in this case should be as follows:-

(i) Mileage for which II Class fare will be admissible-

Distance actually travelled by II Class X Total distance by the shortest route
Total distance by the longer route

= 800 X1,000 =727 miles (roundly)

ii) Mileage for which II Class fare will be admissible-

Distance actually travelled by I Class X Total distance by the shortest route
Total distance by the longer route

= 300 X1,000 =273 miles (roundly)

(MHA OM No. 43/10/58-Ests.(A) dated 11.4.1958 and 29.5.1958 and F. 31011/9/78-Est.(A), dated 24.7..1980]

However, the above pro-rata method is to be used only in case where the longer route is not the cheapest route. In your case since the longer route is also the cheapest route, the above GOI order is not attracted. In my view you should get full reimbursement.

Victor

YBAB
21-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Dear Mr. Victor,

Thanks a lot for your promt reply. Your reply should help me.

Regards
YBAB

YBAB
03-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Dear Mr Victor,
This is in continuation to my quarry regarding my LTC settlement by longer route by two modes.
In your reply you have quoted the following office order and stated that I am eligible for full reimbursement

(MHA OM No. 43/10/58-Ests.(A) dated 11.4.1958 and 29.5.1958 and F. 31011/9/78-Est.(A), dated 24.7..1980]

However, the above pro-rata method is to be used only in case where the longer route is not the cheapest route. In your case since the longer route is also the cheapest route, the above GOI order is not attracted. In my view you should get full reimbursement.
My office is showing a Rule 13 , GOI rule Decision no (6) of CCS (LTC Rule) 1988.
Is this order same as the order (MHA OM No. 43/10/58-Ests.(A) dated 11.4.1958 and 29.5.1958 and F. 31011/9/78-Est.(A), dated 24.7..1980] quoted by you?
Kindly please clarify.
Regards.
YBAB

Victor
03-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Kindly refer to my post at #2. The MHA Order clearly states "longer route (which is not the cheapest)". So the MHA Order will be attracted in your case, ONLY if this basic condition is fulfilled otherwise it will have no relevance.

Victor

YBAB
03-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Dear Mr. Victor,

Thank you for your very prompt reply.
Thank you
Regards
YBAB

jaleelethiyil
03-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Sir,
Now some public under takings changed ltc system to perks..They are giving some fixed % of basic every month.Proof of journey is necessary only for income tax exemption.