PDA

View Full Version : food bills

kkjohn
20-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Dear members,
Can any one enlighten me on whether the direction of the comptroller and auditor general of india dated 3-2-2010 regarding food bills and local conveyance is binding on all central govt departments
Thank you
K K JOHN

RKPATHAK
20-02-2011, 01:32 PM
It is obligatory for a GS to submit food bill to claim. Alternatively he may opt for old TA/DA rates

Ramnath
20-02-2011, 08:49 PM
It is obligatory for a GS to submit food bill to claim. Alternatively he may opt for old TA/DA rates

I don't know what is referred in CAG office order referred above. But, the production bills (even as per New TA rules) have been waived in the office of Accountant General and Min. of Earth Sciences. But, it is their inter departmental instruction waiving production of such bills. It is not accepted in my department by PAO and they insist on production of the same. This is for info.

krishnan09
21-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't know what is referred in CAG office order referred above. But, the production bills (even as per New TA rules) have been waived in the office of Accountant General and Min. of Earth Sciences. But, it is their inter departmental instruction waiving production of such bills. It is not accepted in my department by PAO and they insist on production of the same. This is for info.

The CAG office order granting a special provision/rule with regard to the TA to their own subordinate offices, cannot be followed by other Central Government Offices. They have the constitutional powers. Thier powers cannot be questioned by any Ministry/Department, but Surepeme Court can overule. That is what I gathered.