S.C.Maheshwari
17-02-2011, 09:20 PM
The beginning of an Uprising
I
IInd National Convention of Railway Pensioners Associations
[CENTER]Under the aegis of Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj

A grand success

Secunderabad (AP) 13.02.2011

750 delegates from every nook & corner of the country, rising above caste, creed, religion & regionalism and defying old age, gathered at Secunderabad to show solidarity not only to fight for their legitimate rights as Senior Citizens & Pensioners but also to blow the ‘Begul’(clarion) for war against corruption by those in power.
The rhythmic Singing of “Vandey Matrum” by 95-60 yrs young oldies stirred the atmosphere & sent the nerves of every one present throbbing!
Sh. D.Prabhakar Rao, Chairman, Reception Committee, while welcoming the Delegates raised the Slogan :
“I am the ‘I’ in India & won’t let it get polluted”
Even before coming to their own Grievances, the House showed deep concern & anger against rampant corruption by those in power & vowed that, as part of the great Indian Civil Society, they won’t tolerate it any more!
Explaining in brief the basic purpose of the Convention, Shyam Sunder Secretary General BPS who chaired the event, in his opening remarks, roared “we have gathered here to awaken the Pensioners’ community in general & the 12 lac of Railway Pensioners in particular and to impress upon them the need to unite under one banner throughout the country to achieve their goals.”
Thereafter, S.C. Maheshwari Secy. (Railway) BPS presented the discussion paper detailing the grievances & areas of deficiencies (for viewing complete document go to link: http://rrewa.org/currentIssues.aspx )
Sh.M.Somasekhara Rao, the soul & the main organizer of the Convention explained the contents of the discussion paper in Telegu
Sh. R.N.Mital President AISCCON (All India Senior Citizens Confederation), who was first to speak after presentation of the discussion paper, strongly supported the cause of pensioners. He called upon the Sr Citizen community to build pressure to compel the Government to bring back the Indian black money stashed in foreign Banks. Shri Mital called upon the pensioners to contribute for the development of the country through CIVIC activism . He stressed that the Government should take advantage of the knowledge of the Pensioners.
Thereafter, speaker after speaker unanimously supported the issues raised in the discussion paper. Prominent among those were M.Somasekhara Rao, Bimlendu Chakarborty NFRPA New Jalpaiguri, S.K.Kanjilal NFRPA Gauhati, Harchandan Singh, Chandigarh, J.Narayana Rao Nagpur, K.Srinivasan NFRP.Palghat @Chennai, R.N. Dutta Kolkata, S.K.Bose Bhubaneshwar, K.P.Gosh Madhupur (Jharkhand), P.V.Kurulkar; Secretary AI RROA Secunderabad, M. Nageshwara Rao Secunderabad, S.S. Hussain RREWA, SHIMOGA (Karnataka)
After detailed deliberations, the 13 resolutions were unanimously adopted. (for viewing complete document go to link: http://rrewa.org/currentIssues.aspx )

Ninety five senior Pensioners were honored by presenting a shawl on their having attained the age 80 years. The Delegates from other parts of the country were also similarly honoured.
The Convention decided to hold the IIIrd National Convention of Railway Pensioners in the beginning of the year 2012 in the North East i.e. either@ New Jalpaiguri or Gauhati. The IInd National Convention, after passing the ‘vote of thanks’ moved by Sh.M. Somasekhara Rao, ended with the singing of the National Anthem.
Immediately after the Convention the BPS National Advisory Council for Railway Pensioners met and finalized the action plan to achieve the goals & to take the movement forward.

To view complete documents go to : http://scm-bps.blogspot.com/. & http://rrewa.org/currentIssues.aspx

Er.S.C.Maheshwari;
Secretary (Railways) BPS

vnatarajan
18-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Dear Shri SCM,

My/ Our hearty congratulations for the grand success of the IInd National Convention of Railway Pensioners Associations Under the aegis of Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj and I hope many more such events would follow to draw the attention of the Govt./ Authorities concerned.

I SPECIALLY CONVEY THE MY/ OLD PENSIONERS' GRATITUDE FOR TAKING UP ALL THE PENSION PARITY/ EQUALITY ISSUES AND FOCUSSING ON THE NEED FOR RESOLVING THE SAME.

Regards,
VNatarajan

sinha_audit
18-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Dear Mr. Secretary,
With due regards to your association's concerns and noble cause undertaken, this is my humble opinion that it would have been much more convenient to rather get the message/article/news published in the column space "latest articles" by submitting it to the site administrators. It would have got more coverage.