PDA

View Full Version : Final withdrawal from gpf

Ramasamy59
11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Sir,

I am working in Delhi and purchased a flat by availing HBA and withdrawal from my GPF account. Now I would like to book a flat at Chennai. For that I wish to withdraw from my GPF account. My department says that I can withdraw from my GPF account for the purpose of house for one house only. But I could not see any restriction in GPF rules. I want to know whether I am eligible to withdraw from my GPF account for the second house?

tvenkatam
13-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Sir,

I am working in Delhi and purchased a flat by availing HBA and withdrawal from my GPF account. Now I would like to book a flat at Chennai. For that I wish to withdraw from my GPF account. My department says that I can withdraw from my GPF account for the purpose of house for one house only. But I could not see any restriction in GPF rules. I want to know whether I am eligible to withdraw from my GPF account for the second house?

Dear friend,

You are eligible under Rule 15 (1) (B) of GPF (CS) Rules, 1960 for withdrawal up to 90% of balance at credit in case of withdrawal for purchase of a ready built flat irrespective of the fact that you already own one or more houses of residence. In your case your office may be convinced that your request for withdrawal is not made twice for the same purpose. Applications for withdrawal in respect of purchase of two different houses/property shall not be construed to be made for same purpose.