PDA

View Full Version : child care leave

sunitagupta
07-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Please refer order no No. 13018 /1/2010-Estt. (Leave) dated 7th September, 2010
and No. 13018 /1/2010-Estt. (Leave) dated 30th December, 2010 - Clarification regarding Child Care Leave in respect of Central Government employees as a result of Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations.

1) whether all earned leave availed irrespective of number of days i.e. less than 15 days can be converted? (availed on reasons relating to child).

2) Whether one can avail CCL for going outstation for the reason relating to child but not claiming LTC?

Please clarify.

Regards

Victor
07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Please refer order no No. 13018 /1/2010-Estt. (Leave) dated 7th September, 2010
and No. 13018 /1/2010-Estt. (Leave) dated 30th December, 2010 - Clarification regarding Child Care Leave in respect of Central Government employees as a result of Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations.

1) whether all earned leave availed irrespective of number of days i.e. less than 15 days can be converted? (availed on reasons relating to child).

2) Whether one can avail CCL for going outstation for the reason relating to child but not claiming LTC?

Please clarify.

Regards

(1) The conditions contained in OM dated 7th Sept. 2010 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/Estt/13018_1_2010-Estt.-Leave.pdf) have to be fulfilled for conversion of EL. These are:
(i) EL should have been availed of for the purpose of looking after the child.
(ii) The period of EL should not be less than 15 days.
(iii) There can be a maximum of 3 spells of CCL (incuding the EL converted into CCL) in a year.

If the above conditions are fulfilled then conversion can be done.

(2) As per clarification dated 30th Dec 2010 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/Estt/13018_1_2010-Estt.-Leave30122010.pdf), LTC cannot be availed of during CCL. However, there is no mention of leaving station (other than on LTC) during CCL. I feel that if there is a strong justification for leaving station for reasons directly related to the child (like taking the child for medical treatment/procedure in a hospital located in some other city/town) then the same should be permissible, keeping in view the spirit behind the introduction of CCL.

Victor

lalida
03-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Absolutely correct and the age of children also be with in limit

RKPATHAK
04-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Child care leave is for care of child and not for any pleasure trip.

Sunita
25-05-2011, 10:47 PM
i fully agree with Pathak sir,..moreover ccl should be used for a genuine purpose, and to a great extent it is being misused, a govt servant who attend duties when the child was small is now taking child care leave to send her 17 year old child to college and exhausting CCL because it will lapse once the child is 18 years of age. Especially special kinds of leave like maternity leave, paternity leave, commuted leave , child care leave etc should be granted for a specific and genuine reasons