PDA

View Full Version : Defence services personnel governed by which pension rules

shankar.nstl
06-02-2011, 06:16 PM
sirs,

I heard that dual Family pension is applicable for those reemployed persons who are governed by 1971, 1995 pension rules. May i know who will come under these rules. Please clarify whether defence service personnel will come under these rules or not. If covered, may i get the evidence for clearing some pending cases with me at my office.

Kanaujiaml
07-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Defence Service Combatants Pensioners are governed by "Special Navy Instructions, Special Air Force Instructions and Special Army Instructions" issued time to time. Their age and time of retirement depends on various stages and at various level of qualifying service. After retirement from Navy, Airforce and Army, as the case may be, if they enter into Govt. service which also pensionable too. they are then entitled for pension in the second leg of their service as well. DA on basic pension is in their case is payable only on one of the two pensions and not on both. For obtaining a copy of concerned Special Instruction you can adopt RTI route or use the services of some military blogs.

Kanaujiaml
08-02-2011, 08:08 AM
In addition to my above post, it may be mentioned that this equally applies to the Family Pensioners.