PDA

View Full Version : Break journey in LTC

ramanareddy
01-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Dear sirs

If I want to go to Gangtok from bangalore after converting home town LTC to NE ,no direct flight from bangalore to bagdogra.we have to travel Bangalore to kolkatta and from kolkatta to bagdogra .If this is the case in return journey can we stay one day in kolkatta and next day can we travel to Bangalore after visiting kolkatta .Is there any problem while LTC claiming.Any preir intimation is required to give to the office.Can you please suggest.

Thank you

Victor
01-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Dear sirs

If I want to go to Gangtok from bangalore after converting home town LTC to NE ,no direct flight from bangalore to bagdogra.we have to travel Bangalore to kolkatta and from kolkatta to bagdogra .If this is the case in return journey can we stay one day in kolkatta and next day can we travel to Bangalore after visiting kolkatta .Is there any problem while LTC claiming.Any preir intimation is required to give to the office.Can you please suggest.

Thank you

Yes it is possible. No prior permission is required.

Victor

faransqi
18-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Dear Sir,
Please clarify could I avail Break Journey or circular Journey with Breaks by air travel In LTC say Jaipur to delhi- Mumbai-Goa-Chennai-Portblair-Kolkata-delhi-back to Jaipur

sinha_audit
19-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Dear Sir,
Please clarify could I avail Break Journey or circular Journey with Breaks by air travel In LTC say Jaipur to delhi- Mumbai-Goa-Chennai-Portblair-Kolkata-delhi-back to Jaipur

Your claim would be limited to the shortest direct route to the declared place of visit. Assuming you want to visit Portblair from Jaipur, your claim will be restricted to Jaipur - Portblair (through Delhi, Chennai or Kolkata if there is no direct flight) through shortest direct route. This is also assumed that you hold the Grade Pay of Rs. 5400 or higher.

faransqi
20-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. That means say if you start a journey from srinagar-Jammu-delhi Kolkata/chennai- Portblair and back say you want to stay 3-4 days each at jammu,delhi,kolkata/chennai. one can avail break at each intermediate destination.if ones grade pay is above Rs 5400/-.Am I right.

please reply:D;)

sinha_audit
20-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the reply. That means say if you start a journey from srinagar-Jammu-delhi Kolkata/chennai- Portblair and back say you want to stay 3-4 days each at jammu,delhi,kolkata/chennai. one can avail break at each intermediate destination.if ones grade pay is above Rs 5400/-.Am I right.

please reply:D;)

Grade pay has nothing to do with break in journey. It will determine whether one is entitled to air teavel or not. Save for the proposition that any one may travel by air (I am not talking about special concession for air travel to J&K and NE) but the claim would be limited to shortest direct route through entitled mode of travel.

In the case presented by you, there is no concept of circular journey (air or train) in LTC rules. One has to pre-declare the intended place of visit and the claim will be limited to shortest direct route through entitled mode of travel.

One may very well visit by "circular air route" and avail as many breaks spanning as many days as desired, but claim will be limited to place B from place A and back.

Hope this helped.

faransqi
21-06-2012, 10:01 PM
thank you for such valuable advice