PDA

View Full Version : Air Fare under LTC clarification

sandeep_1723
31-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Sir

I am Central Government Servant with Grade Pay of Rs.4,200/-. I availed of LTC to N-E Region Gangtok (Upto Bagdogra) and travelled by Indian Airlines in Economy Class from Kolkata to Bagdogra. However, the e-ticket from Kolkata to Bagdogra mentions the Fare Basis as “XEIP” [Total Fare Rs.4,205/-] and the e-ticket from Bagdogra to Kolkata mentions the Fare Basis as “QEIP” [Total Fare Rs.6,020/-] and does not mention specifically the Fare Basis as “LTC-80”. The Air India website also states that “GEIP” fares are applicable for LTC for Kolkata to Bagdogra Sector. Am I right in taking the stand that my air fare from Kolkata to Bagdogra of Rs.4,205/- is fully reimbursable [as the same is less than the “GEIP” fare applicable for LTC] and that the air fare from Bagdogra to Kolkata may be restricted to Rs.5,140/- which is the “GEIP” fare applicable for LTC. Can my DDO reject my claim of LTC merely on the basis that the air ticket does not mention the fare basis as “LTC-80”. As per my understanding, the clarificatory circulars in the matter dated 15/07/2010 and 16/09/2010 lay down the upper limit for air fare being the LTC-80 fares. Therefore, I would like to know whether my stand is correct and my claim of LTC as above is allowable.

Thanks and regards

Sandeep Bhavsar

RKPATHAK
31-01-2011, 03:04 PM
It is obligatory for a Govt Servant to purchase air ticket under LTC 80 scheme. However, XEIP/GEIP fare is considered LTC 80 fare