PDA

View Full Version : Medical reimbursement.

Vijayakumar Vedagiri
24-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Hello, I am working in the Directorate of Field Publicity, Kakinada under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, GOI. Since there is no CGHS facility in AP except in Hyderabad, we were preferring our medical bills till two years ago from government doctors in private practice. Our new Director in Hyderabad says govt doctors (of state govt run hospitals) are banned from private practice and hence bills/leave from them cannot be considered. When I showed the GO from AP Govt lifting the ban imposed by Chandrababu naidu govt, he now says those doctors are not authorised by the department and hence, could not pass the bills/leave. My understanding of the medical rules says AMA means either (i) as authorised by a particular department; (ii) Government doctor direct (in this case, bill reimbursement will not arise). But, our Director did not heed to this explanation and kept all the bills pending for the last two years and surrendered all the medical budget back to the ministry and sanctioned all the leaves on medical ground with medical certificate as earned leave. Further, he also says even emergency treatment from a private clinic/doctor is not admissible. Is it correct, kindly advise me.

sayeed Akhtar
30-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi,
As per the policy issued around one year back in case of CGHS beneficiary the requirement of getting the signature and verification of bills and signature on Essentiality CErtificate in case of OPD treatment is NOT REQUIRED. Just the bills can be submitted in the prescribed form alongwith check list for reimbursement from the office.
Kindly guide is there any policy for non-CGHS beneficiary too on the same line as the practice of getting the bills signed from Hospital/Doctor/countersignature is so cumbersome and time consuming that most of the people who are genuinely taking treatment from govt or private recognized hospital donot prefer the bills for want of signature etc.
Government must consider this facility for NON-CGHS beneficiary also , if not already available.

Vijayakumar Vedagiri
31-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Hello Akhtar Saab, Adaab,
Kindly tell me is there any guide for the non CGHS beneficieries guide for medical reimbursement? Actually I am a diabetic since last 17 years and need monthly medical treatment as OP and it costs me about 2000 rupees every month for consultation, tests and cost of medicines etc and hence i applied for reimbursement. Seeing the odd behaviour of our Director, i have gone for private medical insurance and stopped claiming from the department but i want to prove that Director is wrong in saying that government doctors of state government hospitals in their private practice are not authroised medical attendants! Please suggest me any source of authority that I can show to my DG to counter this mistake of my director. I will be thankful if the organisers of this site could spare few minutes in giving the authority source. Thank you.

sayeed Akhtar
01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Dear Vijayakumar Sahib,
To the best of my knowledge, Authorised Medical Attendance comprise of Primary Health Centre, State Government Hospital, Any Government Hospital, Recognized Private Hospital authorised by Ministry of Health AND local Doctors authorised as AMA for central Government employees and their dependents authorised locally by a Department/office under Cntral Government.
The qustion is whether the doctors of State Government in your State have beeen authorised private practice by the respective State Government or they have been practicing contrary to State Government Orders prohibiting them from private practice.
If they are not allowed private practice then reimbursement in your case is not possible when u take treatment of Diabetes from them. Your Director seems right when he is not allowing your bills for reimbursement.
Moreover, AMA so authorised locally by any Central Government Office cannot give u treatment for more than 10 days in one go. Diabetes required regular treatment and check and further treatment etc. So you will have to seek treatment from a Government Hospital for indefinite period and whatever the medicines etc they are prescribing you, you can very much claim from your office and no office will deny you that provisions.

Hello Akhtar Saab, Adaab,
Kindly tell me is there any guide for the non CGHS beneficieries guide for medical reimbursement? Actually I am a diabetic since last 17 years and need monthly medical treatment as OP and it costs me about 2000 rupees every month for consultation, tests and cost of medicines etc and hence i applied for reimbursement. Seeing the odd behaviour of our Director, i have gone for private medical insurance and stopped claiming from the department but i want to prove that Director is wrong in saying that government doctors of state government hospitals in their private practice are not authroised medical attendants! Please suggest me any source of authority that I can show to my DG to counter this mistake of my director. I will be thankful if the organisers of this site could spare few minutes in giving the authority source. Thank you.

Vijayakumar Vedagiri
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I read in AMA rules by Swamy Publications saying that AMA is, (i) any qualified medical practitioner with qfn as recognised by IMA and authorised by the department in question and ; (ii) any doctor of state government run hospital in his private practice where private practice is not banned. Here in AP, private practice ban is lifted in 2004 and I am in such a place where there is no CGHS facility or any authorised medical attendant for central government departments because there is no any CGEWCC at all to recognise them and what ever few govt of India offices like IT and postal departments are there, they are getting the treatment and reimbursement from doctors of local government hospitals in their private clinics. There is no such problem for them and this place is Kakinada in AP.