PDA

View Full Version : LTC andaman

geeta
07-01-2011, 11:35 AM
My grade pay is 4200 and want to travel Andaman and Nicrobar from Bhopal . Kindly direct me how to go and i can go by air or not

shailenderkumar
07-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi Geeta,

I have never visited to Andaman but I would suggest that you should contact with Travel agent as they got full information about this and may offer you some special offer as well.

RKPATHAK
07-01-2011, 03:14 PM
You may travel between Bhopal to Kolkata by train and from Kolkata to Port Blair by ship for which fare is rs 6420. Check low cost flight if available for less than 6420

R.SETHURAMAN
08-01-2011, 04:41 PM
With good homework going to PortBlair is no big deal. you have 2 Options. Go by ship one way and return by flight. Don't approach travel agencies as they would fleece you. By air, PortBlair is equidistant from chennai as well as Kolkatta. Please note arrival/dep of ships in Kolkatta ports are dependent on high/low tides. In Chennai there is no such problem. Ships are available approx every 10 days. flight duration is 2 hours. I don't know whether you can go to Carnic as it is non family station.You may verify your eligibility and decide. max 5 days enough for seeing PortBlair and around plus to Havelock Islands and return. You may access andaman Tourism for Accn and trip to Havelock. Pl don't miss watching Sunrise in Havelock.Sethuraman

aneesh
08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
The reply in incomplete. Some of the readers have given the route that it is better to go via Chennai. Please confirm whether Geeta is eligible to go by private airlines if the fare is cheaper than ship fare which is time consuming.

naukar
08-01-2011, 06:41 PM
You can travel to A&N by airlines (both private and AI) The fare will be restricted to Ship (First Class or Deluxe). Airlines fare will be cheaper if u book well in advance say three months. You plan, like Bhopal to Chennai by Rajdhani (arrival CNI in night)-entitled. Morning from Chennai to Port Blair by Kingfisher or any other convenient flight. From Port Blair to Havelock Islands by steamer/ship. Thus, you will cover train/air and sea journey. For ship fare to Port Blair refer Shipping Corporation Site and compare the fare of air before booking. Plan well in advance.