PDA

View Full Version : LTC- Cancellation of flight.

vijayan.pillai
07-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Dear friends,
I had taken LTC from Cochin to Manali. I am eligible to travel by Flight. I had travelled From Delhi to Cochin by Flight and was scheduled to fly by Indian Airlines Flight( I had made the bookings accordingly) from Delhi to Kullu. The flight DELhi Kullu was at 0705 a.m.. I took the boarding pass and was waiting in the security hold when I was informed at 01.00 p.m. that the flight to Kullu got cancelled. I tried the option to go by Buses which ply in the evening but no tickets were available in any of the buses. I had no option but to go by a private taxi to Manali.

My Office says that I am not eligible for the taxi fare? Are they right in saying so? What are the options available. There were no flights the next day too because of the fog in Delhi the next day also. The train tickets were also not available on the route.

Please help me.

veraich
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
As per OM dated 23.9.2008, re-imbursement is admissble only for journeys performed by vehicle operated by Govt./Public transport.

You stand to lose the expenditure incurred for travel performed by private taxi from Del to Manali and back. Be happy, you are getting paid for air travel from Cocin to Del and back.

Hardeep

shailenderkumar
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I think there need to be some changes in the rule as flight got canceled and it's not the mistake of vijayan.pillai (http://gconnect.in/forums/member.php?28781-vijayan.pillai) so there should be full re-reimbursement.

veraich
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
My perception says, LTC should be well planned, including failure case scenarios. OM is clear and it does not permit discretion to use taxi/private pransport. As far as i know, AC buses operated by Himachal Pradesh Tpt Corporation apart from other such options via Chd ar available

Hardeep

RKPATHAK
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
At least return journey should have been performed by a govt vehicle

Victor
12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
As per LTC Rules "Journeys on LTC by taxi, autorickshaw, etc. are permissible only between places which are not connected by rail. This is further subject to the condition that these modes of transports operate on a regular basis from point to point with the specific approval of the State Governments/Transport Authorities concerned and are authorized to ply as public carriers. The existing restrictions on travel by private chartered vehicles, own vehicles etc. shall, therefore, continue to be in force and applicable. No reimbursement shall be permissible in such cases."

Victor

jain7
18-01-2011, 05:15 PM
As per my presumtion that if no any govt vechle available to manali so difference should be paid between govt fare and private taxi fare. R K JAIN

veraich
20-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Sir Manali is well connected by road transport Hardeep