PDA

View Full Version : Dependents under LTC

veraich
24-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Sir,
As per Family definition parent are entitled for LTC irrespective of whether residing with the Govt servent or at some other palce.

For unmarried bro/ sisters dependent and residing with on Government servent are eligible for LTC.

A govt. servant applied for LTC for his mother and sister residing at X to visit him at HQ. LTC has been permitted by competent authority for mother only and denied for unmarried sister as she was not residing with GS before commencement of journey. (She was at place X)

Now after that both mother and sister have come to HQ, the Govt. servant has declared that his sister is now residing with him at HQ. Effectively, it is understood a LTC will be requested for sister to visit place x, afresh, from where (x) she may or may not come back. Thus the claim will get limited to one way fare.

I understand that declaration of family details/dependency is to be made every year (though not specified whether it is to be done in Jan or Dec.). Is such declaration valid.

Regards

tvenkatam
24-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Sir,
As per Family definition parent are entitled for LTC irrespective of whether residing with the Govt servent or at some other palce.

For unmarried bro/ sisters dependent and residing with on Government servent are eligible for LTC.

A govt. servant applied for LTC for his mother and sister residing at X to visit him at HQ. LTC has been permitted by competent authority for mother only and denied for unmarried sister as she was not residing with GS before commencement of journey. (She was at place X)

Now after that both mother and sister have come to HQ, the Govt. servant has declared that his sister is now residing with him at HQ. Effectively, it is understood a LTC will be requested for sister to visit place x, afresh, from where (x) she may or may not come back. Thus the claim will get limited to one way fare.

I understand that declaration of family details/dependency is to be made every year (though not specified whether it is to be done in Jan or Dec.). Is such declaration valid.

Regards

Dear friend,

Rule 4(d) and G.I.D. (4) below Rule 4(d) of CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988 (link below) is relevant.
http://www.persmin.nic.in/EmployeesCorner/Acts_Rules/CCS%28LTC%29/contents.htm#4.%20Definitions

veraich
24-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Dear Sir,

I reproduce the text from CCS LTC Rules, 1988 icluding 4d and GIO4 below 4d. with underlining

(iii) parents and/or step mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant;
(iv) unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried, divorced, abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant, provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.

However, the latest amendment to 4d is vide OM No. 31011/4/2008 -Estt. (A) dated 23.9.2008 has removed the condition of residing with the government employee for the parent. But it still holds for bros and sisters under 4d iv.

May please advice whether the action taken by GS to re-declare the sister as 'now residing with' him is justified when it is evidently known that this is for the purpose that afresh LTC will be claimed for her to go back to native place (x) from where she may or may not come (one way claim).

For parents i understand it is okay under amended 4d.

Regards,

Hardeep

tvenkatam
25-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Dear friend,

If the family of the employee includes dependent/resident Sister at the time of availing LTC, then there should be no objection for the claim in respect of the Sister even if it is for outward journey only on the condition that the employee forgoes the claim for return journey.

veraich
26-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Got it. Regards,
Hardeep

jaleelethiyil
26-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Dear friend,

Rule 4(d) and G.I.D. (4) below Rule 4(d) of CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988 (link below) is relevant.
http://www.persmin.nic.in/EmployeesCorner/Acts_Rules/CCS%28LTC%29/contents.htm#4.%20Definitions

Sir,
Definition of family is restricted to spouse and children only, if father is alive, for free pass and medical facilities in railways eventhough parents and other dependents are fully dependent to the railway employee.Also spouse of railway employee working in govt service is not entitle for LTC.
Please inform whether the dependents of an employee, whose spouse working in railways, can avail ltc.