PDA

View Full Version : Scientist's additional increment

jarunan
17-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Dear Sir,

Itis about the two additional increments given to scientists. In the PB4 itself, while passing from first grade to the second grade, the additional increment is kept at the base slab itself. The scientist puts in 5 or 6 yrs of service to pass from the one grade to the other in the same pay band which is not taken into consideration. Is it correct? Can someone clarify?

-ja

subba Rao R S
08-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Dear Sir,

Itis about the two additional increments given to scientists. In the PB4 itself, while passing from first grade to the second grade, the additional increment is kept at the base slab itself. The scientist puts in 5 or 6 yrs of service to pass from the one grade to the other in the same pay band which is not taken into consideration. Is it correct? Can someone clarify?

-ja

Your question/doubt is not clear to me. I hope you are in DRDO. Suggest read govt letters No DRDO/85101-A/V CPC/MPD/D (R&D) dated 03 Feb 1999 and and letter dated 14th May 1999. Subject "incentives For Scientists. This may clarify your doubt.

Subba Rao R S

subba Rao R S
13-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Scientist at DRDO in the grade of Sc C to Sc F were given two additional increments and Sc Gs were given Rs 2000/- as special pay effective from 1-1-1996. these do not carry any allowances. Sc Gs who retired pettioned to CAT and got their special pay included for calcuation of pension and govt implemented in respect of those who went to CAT and allowed special pay to be considered for calculation of pension.

I understand that some scientist 'F's at DRDO Kerala had filed a case in CAT Kerala on two additional increments given to them to be consudered for calculation of pension at the time of retirement and was allowed by Kerala CAT as has been allowed to Scientists 'G's.

But it appears that Government has gone on appeal against this at supreme court. can any one from kerala who are affected can throw some light on this please?. We at Bangalore are planning to file a case at CAT Bangalore.

Subba Rao R S

subba Rao R S
21-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Scientist at DRDO in the grade of Sc C to Sc F were given two additional increments and Sc Gs were given Rs 2000/- as special pay effective from 1-1-1996. these do not carry any allowances. Sc Gs who retired pettioned to CAT and got their special pay included for calcuation of pension and govt implemented in respect of those who went to CAT and allowed special pay to be considered for calculation of pension.

I understand that some scientist 'F's at DRDO Kerala had filed a case in CAT Kerala on two additional increments given to them to be consudered for calculation of pension at the time of retirement and was allowed by Kerala CAT as has been allowed to Scientists 'G's.

But it appears that Government has gone on appeal against this at supreme court. can any one from kerala who are affected can throw some light on this please?. We at Bangalore are planning to file a case at CAT Bangalore.

Subba Rao R S

Affected may please read Hindu News paper date 12 June 2011 where in ISRO employees fought for inclusion of 2 Spl increments for allowance and pension. This was admitted in Kerala HC. For further details yopu contact the concerned.

Pasted below is the gist as published in Hidu
================================================== ==============
The Hindu: 12 june 2011
ISRO scientists' pay: apex court dismisses plea

J. Venkatesan
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has declined to interfere with a judgment of the Kerala High Court, directing the Department of Space to pay allowances for two additional increments granted as incentive to scientists/ engineers-SD, SE, SF and SG of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Thiruvananthapuram.
A Bench of Justice H.S. Bedi and Justice C.K. Prasad recently dismissed a special leave petition (SLP) filed by ISRO Chairman against the High Court judgment dated January 18, 2007 and a subsequent order dated July 16, 2007.
Acting on a writ petition from United Co-operative Front, the High Court had held that the additional increments granted to the scientists fell within the definition of pay.
High Court order
The High Court had said, “Necessarily all attributes that may be added to emoluments reckoning pay shall have to be paid to them, whether it is Dearness Allowance, HRA. Equally so is pension to retired employees, because pension is also reckoned based on the pay drawn.”
The petition by the ISRO was directed against this order.
Department stand
The Department took the stand that the benefits extended to scientists/engineers were treated as incentives and they would not confer any legal right on them nor did they constitute conditions of service.
These additional increments were added over and above the basic pay and the basic pay would not increase due to these additional increments.
It said as part of the exercise to attract, retain, and motive scientists/engineers to give their best, the department, after obtaining approval from the Union Cabinet, had issued orders on February 3, 1999 sanctioning certain additional increments, special pay, and also professional update allowance.
The circular clearly clarified that these increments would not be treated as pay for the purposes of DA, HRA, pension etc.
The SLP sought quashing of the High Court judgment. The Supreme Court Bench did not accept these contentions and passed a brief order dismissing the SLP.
Printer friendly page
Send this article to Friends by E-Mail
================================================== ===============

jarunan
29-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Dear Shri. Subbha Rao Sir,

Thank you so much for your response. I am working in DAE. My question was regarding the 2 increments given to scientists. Inthe PB4 there are different grades like F,G,H etc. The limit of the two increments is fixed whether it is for F,G or H. My contention was that when somebody is pormoted from F to G or G to H his increment amount remains same inspite of him having put additional service in the previous grade of F or G. Is this correct? Can you please clarify?

In your reply you have posted the court order. I am not clear whether the two increments would be admissible for calculating pension or not. Can u pl clarify? Regards.
-j.arunan

subba Rao R S
30-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Dear Shri. Subbha Rao Sir,

Thank you so much for your response. I am working in DAE. My question was regarding the 2 increments given to scientists. Inthe PB4 there are different grades like F,G,H etc. The limit of the two increments is fixed whether it is for F,G or H. My contention was that when somebody is pormoted from F to G or G to H his increment amount remains same inspite of him having put additional service in the previous grade of F or G. Is this correct? Can you please clarify?

In your reply you have posted the court order. I am not clear whether the two increments would be admissible for calculating pension or not. Can u pl clarify? Regards.
-j.arunan

I have seen the S/C order. I am not aware of the pay structure in DAE. In DRDO Pay scales from staring from 10000 - 15200, 12000 - 16500, 14300 - 18300 and 16000- 20000 are eligible for 2 increments. Spl pay of Rs 2000 for pay scale of 18400 - 22400. As per new scales after 6 CPC I have no comments to offer.

As per the court order, I presume that in fixation of pay in the event of promotion, pay to be fixed adding the two additional increments also.

As per the court order two increments is to be considered for DA, HRA, CCA and also for pension calulation. In addition Up date allowance has to be given from 1988-1999 on 1 APRIL 1999. You may please contact Atomic Energy Retiree welfare Association(AERWA) Nav mumbai.

Subba Rao R S