PDA

View Full Version : Journey partly by Air and partly by train

sanjeevrsj
14-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I am entitled to Air Travel. I have booked LTC 80 tickets from Delhi to Trivendrum (@Rs 12533). For back journey I have booked 2 Tier AC Tickets from Trivendrum to Cochin (@Rs 610) and airtickets from Cochin to Delhi (@Rs. 9825). Now our HR Group says that I will be reimbursed on the basis of Train 2Tier AC only. For Airfare I have to complete the journey by Air only i.e. the stretch between Trivendrum and Cochin should also be traveled by air on LTC 80 tickets instead of Train.

Kindly help. Reference of any order/ notificaion/clarification will be helful.

Victor
14-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I am entitled to Air Travel. I have booked LTC 80 tickets from Delhi to Trivendrum (@Rs 12533). For back journey I have booked 2 Tier AC Tickets from Trivendrum to Cochin (@Rs 610) and airtickets from Cochin to Delhi (@Rs. 9825). Now our HR Group says that I will be reimbursed on the basis of Train 2Tier AC only. For Airfare I have to complete the journey by Air only i.e. the stretch between Trivendrum and Cochin should also be traveled by air on LTC 80 tickets instead of Train.

Kindly help. Reference of any order/ notificaion/clarification will be helful.

There is no such rule that once an onward journey has been performed by air then the return journey should also be performed by air.

You are entitled to travel both by air and by train by the entitled class. It is your choice/option as to which mode of travel you would like to use.

If the return journey is the shortest route then the full amount would be reimbursed, otherwise the reimbursement will be restricted pro-rata.

Victor

sanjeevrsj
14-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks Sir,

Can you please give me some reference or order. It will be helpful for me to satisfy my HR group.