PDA

View Full Version : correction in letter

geeta
14-12-2010, 03:20 PM
To

The Director
Bhopal

Sub: Change in travel plan for availing LTC (2008-2009)

Sir

In continuation of my earlier Note dated 30/11/2010 for LTC advance and encashment of leave office sanctioned me Rs. 132,000 for to avail LTC of myself and my family members (El 24-29/12/2010 for encashment). Due to non availability of air ticket from 24-29/12/2010. Therefore, I want to change my travel plan from 28/12/2010 2/1/2011 instead of above mentioned dates. In addition to this kindly changed the date of EL for encashment i.e 28/12/2010 to 2/1/2011. It is requested the kindly give me prior approval to change of dates in LTC and EL encashment.

Encl: 1. Revised EL application

3. Revised LTC form

(Geeta)

tvenkatam
14-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Dear Friend,

When you avail LTC advance, the evidence of purchase of tickets for forward journey should be submitted within 10 days from receipt of advance. The return journey must be completed within 90 days. There is no rigid rule that you must pursue the same itinerary which you projected at the time of approval. The travel plan can change subsequently subject to the condition that the return journey should be completed within 90 days from receipt of advance. The revised travel plan does not require approval of your office. You will, however, be required to submit the proof of purchase of tickets for forward journey (even when you revise the travel plan) and submit revised leave application.

In respect of Encashment of Leave Salary it may be noted that it does not correspond to any specific period. Once you have availed it, you need not bother about the revised period of actual leave taken.

sundarar
15-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Shri TVji has correctly clarified the position. Here, a case of change of destination (place of visit) after drawing advance for LTC and production of tickets for visit to Andaman. After a month, the applicant intends to change the place of visit to Delhi and produced the tickets booked for Delhi. In such cases, the excess amount of advance being held by the applicant whether such a change of itineray by virtue of change in place of visit is permissible and whether the same requires prior approval of the Office? Whether he has to refund the excess amount or he should wait for settlement of claim after the visit?

Second, in which cases, the LTC will stand forfeited?

Victor
15-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Shri TVji has correctly clarified the position. Here, a case of change of destination (place of visit) after drawing advance for LTC and production of tickets for visit to Andaman. After a month, the applicant intends to change the place of visit to Delhi and produced the tickets booked for Delhi. In such cases, the excess amount of advance being held by the applicant whether such a change of itineray by virtue of change in place of visit is permissible and whether the same requires prior approval of the Office? Whether he has to refund the excess amount or he should wait for settlement of claim after the visit?

Second, in which cases, the LTC will stand forfeited?

Any change in the declared place of vist has to be intimated to the Controlling Authority before commencement of the outward journey. The LTC Advance admissible would obviously need to be re-worked. Excess amount available with the employee has to be surrendered forthwith.

As regards forfeiture, Rule 14 of CCS(LTC) Rules is reproduced below:

14. Forfeiture of claim.-

A claim for reimbursement of expenditure incurred on journey under leave travel concession shall be submitted within three months after the completion of the return journey, if no advance had been drawn. Failure to do so will entail forfeiture of the claim and no relaxation shall be permissible in this regard.

Victor

sundarar
15-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Dear Shri Victorji, Thank you very much for the kind clarification. In such a situation, after re-working and refunding of excess amount, whether any penal interest is applicable for the
retention of unspent amount till the date of refund from the date of drawal of advance, because in some cases, after a period of one/two months, such refunds are made. If interest is applicable, specific orders are necessary if to be waived, or interest is not to be insisted upon. According to my knowledge, there is no specific rule position about levying
penal interest for retention of excess amount for any period after drawal of advance.

Once again thank you very much for the immediate reply.
Best Regards
Sundarar