PDA

View Full Version : Clarification regarding Licence Fee for Govt.Accommodation

Dr.I.N.Mukherjee
12-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Central Audit team of Govt.of India has raised one objection that Licence Fee ,@ Rs. 526/- p.m,for my Type-III Quarter has to be deducted corresponding to my present Grade Pay i.e Rs.7600/- as intimated to me.I have been staying at the same Type-III Quarter since 1997 & it was allotted to me as per my the then entitlement. Over the years, I got promotion & my basic pay also increased.No HRA is paid/drawn in favour of me since 1997 as I am occupying Govt.Accommodation & at present the same is over Rs.11,000/- p.m for my Type-III Quarter.L.Fee is beng charged as per rate for Type-III which I am actually occupying.

Now, the question is whether the Licence Fee will be charged as per my GP & irrespective of the type of Accommodation ( as per Audit Objection ) or on the basis of the Actual Area which I have been allotted i.e. forType-III?

tvenkatam
12-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Central Audit team of Govt.of India has raised one objection that Licence Fee ,@ Rs. 526/- p.m,for my Type-III Quarter has to be deducted corresponding to my present Grade Pay i.e Rs.7600/- as intimated to me.I have been staying at the same Type-III Quarter since 1997 & it was allotted to me as per my the then entitlement. Over the years, I got promotion & my basic pay also increased.No HRA is paid/drawn in favour of me since 1997 as I am occupying Govt.Accommodation & at present the same is over Rs.11,000/- p.m for my Type-III Quarter.L.Fee is beng charged as per rate for Type-III which I am actually occupying.

Now, the question is whether the Licence Fee will be charged as per my GP & irrespective of the type of Accommodation ( as per Audit Objection ) or on the basis of the Actual Area which I have been allotted i.e. forType-III?

Dear friend,

As per the existing orders flat rates of licence fee only is chargeable based on the type of quarters/living area actually in occupation.

However when you are entitled to higher type of accommodation, if the allotted higher type of accommodation is not accepted and as a result the accommodation remains vacant, there may be grounds for such audit objections as reported by you. Otherwise, there appears to be no reason for claim of licence fee based on 'entitled' type of accommodation.

Dr.I.N.Mukherjee
15-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Many thanks for your sensible reply.I have not applied for any Type V accommodation (my present entitlement) & hence question of allotment vis-a-vis not accepting the same does not arise in this case. Hope I could clarify.Pl. revert back.

tvenkatam
16-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Many thanks for your sensible reply.I have not applied for any Type V accommodation (my present entitlement) & hence question of allotment vis-a-vis not accepting the same does not arise in this case. Hope I could clarify.Pl. revert back.

Dear Friend,

There is no reason/justification for demand of licence fee based on entitled type of accommodation in your case. Your office may seek a clarification on the actual amount of Licence fee payable in your case from the Estates Officer concerned and inform the audit party of the same.

RKPATHAK
16-12-2010, 09:51 AM
View point of audit is not in order. Licence fee is leviable on the basis of govt quarter actually allotted to a gs not on the basis of entitlement