PDA

View Full Version : Anomaly in the fixation of pay on promotion after 01.01.2006

ramesh.kumar
03-10-2008, 03:18 PM
As per the Office Memorandum F.No.1/1/2008-1C dated 13th September, 2008 of the Department of Expenditure (Implementation Cell), all officials promoted on or after 01.01.2006 will get their Grade Pay from the Date of Promotion. However, while fixing the band pay, the Office Memorandum distinguishes between those promoted between 2nd July and 1st January of the year and those promoted between 2nd January and 30th June of the year. The Office Memorandum puts an official promoted in the period 2nd January and 30th June at a disadvantage compared to the official promoted during 2nd July and 1st January.

An official promoted during 2nd July and 1st January has been allowed to get full benefits on his promotion by getting his new Grade Pay and new Band Pay from the Date of Promotion, and annual increment on the date of next annual increment.

An official promoted during 2nd January and 30th June is always at a disadvantage whether he chooses the fixation of pay either from the date of his promotion or from the date of his next increment. If he chooses pay fixation from the date of his next increment, he looses his promotion increment in his band pay for the period starting from the date of promotion to the next 1st July. If he chooses pay fixation from the date of his promotion, he gets his promotion increment from the date of promotion and has to forego his annual increment for that year, resulting in loosing one increment for all his future salaries. Thus both the options put the official at a disadvantage. As per Sixth Pay Gazette Notifications, an official is supposed to get one increment on his promotion apart from his annual increment.

The above anomaly should be looked into by the Anomaly Committee of the Department of Expenditure. The solution of the above problem lies in giving promotion benefits from the date of promotion irrespective of the month in which one gets promoted and the annual increment from the date of annual increment i.e. 1st July.

jitendraacr
03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
whatever u said, is the correct interpretation of rules. but this always happens when major changes come. I am afraid that there is no hope of any further benefit/clarification on this issue. several more severe anamolies are to be sorted out and this is perhaps not even in the list of MoF.

Yadunath
04-10-2008, 04:41 PM
The uniform date of increment (1st July) for all government servants will lead to many problems in the future. A person joining service on 1st of January will get his increment in the month of July in the same year. A person joining service on 2nd of January will get his first increment only in july next year (i-e., after nearly 18 months) Those who are retiring in before 1st July will not get the annual increment in their year of retirement. (I am one of those affected by this. My normal date of increment is 1st Feb. My month of retirement is May. I will not get increment in the year of my retirement as my increment date will be shifted to 1st July).

sundarar
23-10-2008, 06:22 AM
As per the Office Memorandum F.No.1/1/2008-1C dated 13th September, 2008 of the Department of Expenditure (Implementation Cell), all officials promoted on or after 01.01.2006 will get their Grade Pay from the Date of Promotion. However, while fixing the band pay, the Office Memorandum distinguishes between those promoted between 2nd July and 1st January of the year and those promoted between 2nd January and 30th June of the year. The Office Memorandum puts an official promoted in the period 2nd January and 30th June at a disadvantage compared to the official promoted during 2nd July and 1st January.

An official promoted during 2nd July and 1st January has been allowed to get full benefits on his promotion by getting his new Grade Pay and new Band Pay from the Date of Promotion, and annual increment on the date of next annual increment.

An official promoted during 2nd January and 30th June is always at a disadvantage whether he chooses the fixation of pay either from the date of his promotion or from the date of his next increment. If he chooses pay fixation from the date of his next increment, he looses his promotion increment in his band pay for the period starting from the date of promotion to the next 1st July. If he chooses pay fixation from the date of his promotion, he gets his promotion increment from the date of promotion and has to forego his annual increment for that year, resulting in loosing one increment for all his future salaries. Thus both the options put the official at a disadvantage. As per Sixth Pay Gazette Notifications, an official is supposed to get one increment on his promotion apart from his annual increment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

An official promoted during 2nd January and 30th June can choose fixation of pay from the date of next increment that falls on 1st July. However, on the date of promotion, grade pay applicable for the higher post is admissible as in the case of those who got promoted during the second half of the year.
Only disadvantage is postponing of promotional increment till 1st July. This cannot be avoided when all are subjected to a major decision with regard to single increment date for all employees. In the absence of promotion also during the 1st increment of 1st July 2006 in the revised structure of pay after 1.1.2006, the persons who had increment date in the pre-revised scale during the first half may have to wait till 1st July. The Second half has become advantageous in this regard. These are all only during the 1st increment/1st promotion on or after 1.1.2006 in the revised structure. Afterwards all are put in the same boat. However, at any future date, if the increment date is advanced to 1st January and the promotions of an year are given effect on the 1st of that year by amending the provisions to that extent, everyone will be in advantageous position. In that case, the retirement date also can be determined as 31st January after completion of the age of 60 years so that final increment also is ensured. Still, in such a situation, if a person joins during the first will be disadvantageous as compared to those who join during the second half as the increment date falls within six months for the second half. In the case of promotion, the first half will then be in an advantageous position. The ground reality, is therefore, has to be accepted. But Rules will get amended over a period of time based on actual requirements. Let us hope for the best. Best Rgds.