PDA

View Full Version : harassement of ladies staff

naitra
05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Sir
In our department the section head is just making it difficult for the ladies staff to work.He sit in the office up to 7 pm and asked the ladies to sit till then and work almost three to four days in a weak.He also take woman subordinates on tour and some times extend the tour to more days.some one has told me that there is any govt order which prevent the ladies to sit after office hour without their consent and also one can not compell the single lady to go on tour with him. If there is any order then please reply. I shall be very thankfull

RKPATHAK
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Though there is no barring on asking ladies to sit late in office or proceed on tour, but they can protest if the intentions of the supervisor seems to be suspicious and complain against him The detailed guidelines are there in the Swamy's Hand Book under the chapter Sexual Harassment to a women

Ms. Srivastava
04-02-2011, 07:52 PM
In most of the offices a committee is formed that looks after such matters related to harrassment of women employees. Does your office has one or not...

RKPATHAK
05-02-2011, 07:11 PM
In every office there is a such committee consisting of three-five dignified members having good rapport including women employees. Kindly let me know the status of your section head and who is senior to him so that I can guide you how you can resent. However you may feel it necessary approach the Secretary, Dept of Women & Child Development, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi. It will be better to form a group and fight against attrocities united

Ms. Srivastava
05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Adding more..if there is any reason for complaint other than what Naitra has put forth then National Commission for Woman is also one option. go thru it's website for more details....