PDA

View Full Version : Admissibility of LTC claim if bookin is not done by specified Authorized Agents.

rajiv_bhatnagar
29-11-2010, 11:07 PM
In Guidelines on Air Travel on Tours / LTC dated 16th September, 2010it it is insisted that while availing LTC, the Air India/Indian Airlines tickets should only be purchased through Authorized Agents namely M/s Ashok Travels & Tours and IRCTC only. The learned members are requested to inform whether the LTC claim could be rejected in case the Air India/Indian Airline tickets are purchased from authorized agents other than those specified in the Office Memorandum dated 17th September, 2010 but which has been successfully entertained by the airlines and traveled upon by the claimant Government Servant. Further whether the claim is admissible in case the booking while availing LTC is made under APEX scheme and not under LTC80 scheme although the amount spent under Apex scheme is less than the amount to be spent under the LTC 80 scheme.

With kind regards
Rajiv Bhatnagar

RKPATHAK
30-11-2010, 09:48 AM
The idea behind insistence of ticket be purchased from authorised agent is to protect the interest of govt servant and to avoid middlemen as also speculations. Further if ticket purchased under ltc80 scheme is cancelled the cancellation charges are rs 100 only whereas normal cancellation charges are rs 500

rajiv_bhatnagar
30-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Learned Pathak ji,

I am thankful to you for the prompt reply. Although I do appreciate the rationale behind the issue of O.M. dated 17.9.2010, my queries remais unanswered as to whether the LTC claim can be rejected in case the bookings are not made through the three authorised agents specified in the mrmorandum and further when the charges made under the Apex scheme is lower than the charges made under LTC80 scheme.

With regards

Rajiv Bhatnagar

RKPATHAK
30-11-2010, 03:43 PM
It is at the discreation of the sanctioining authority to accept the claim. There is however no barring in the matter

rajiv_bhatnagar
30-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Learned Pathakji,
Many thanks for spending your valuable time in attending to the queries raised by me. The valuable opinion expressed by you is of immense help to me and I will quote it to my sanctioning authority as a support. Thank you very much, Sir, once again..

With regards
Rajiv Bhatnagar

Victor
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Learned Pathak ji,

I am thankful to you for the prompt reply. Although I do appreciate the rationale behind the issue of O.M. dated 17.9.2010, my queries remais unanswered as to whether the LTC claim can be rejected in case the bookings are not made through the three authorised agents specified in the mrmorandum and further when the charges made under the Apex scheme is lower than the charges made under LTC80 scheme.

With regards

Rajiv Bhatnagar

It depends on the PAO. In our department, the charges levied by the agent are not reimubrsed. The balance amount is reimbursed.

Victor

rajiv_bhatnagar
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Learned Victor ji,
Many thanks for spending your valuable time in attending to the queries raised by me. I am not pressing for the reimbursement of agent's commission but is interested in the fare charged by Indian Airlines. Furtherr, the valuable opinion expressed by you is of immense help to me and I will quote it to my sanctioning authority as a support. Thank you very much, Sir, once again..

With regards
Rajiv Bhatnagar

pk9591
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
I have purchased the Air India tickets for north east tour for availing LTC but not under LTC80 scheme. I have purchased tickets through Air- India website which is less than LTC 80 rate. I wish to know that whether my this LTC claim will be reimbursed or there can be any problem in this regard.

Victor
02-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I have purchased the Air India tickets for north east tour for availing LTC but not under LTC80 scheme. I have purchased tickets through Air- India website which is less than LTC 80 rate. I wish to know that whether my this LTC claim will be reimbursed or there can be any problem in this regard.

Kindly refer to MOF Circular dated 16/9/2010 (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/dept_expenditure/notification/tour_ltc/Guideline_airtravel_16sept2010.pdf) in this regard.

As per the above guidelines, LTC-80 ticket of Air India is only to be purchased. Therefore, kindly check with your PAO in this regard. Probably if you can get a certificate from Air India that the rates are less than LTC-80, then it should not be a problem.

Victor

faransqi
16-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Dear sir,
the mentioned Agents are available only in Delhi.Most of the traveling agents rates are inclusive of fares displayed on the websites of airlines .you need to check if the fee charged by traveling agent is over and above than the fares of that day if this includes the charges then you are eligible for reimbursement provided all other criteria of travelling by air are fulfilled by you.
secondly AI/IA LTC tickets can be purchased at the airlines counter under LTC-80 fares scheme by producing service identity card.

panbuu
22-02-2011, 10:13 AM
What happens if the air tickets, LTC80/Q in AirIndia is booked through some other agencies other than the three mentioned agencies. Is there any authorized answers for this. Whether this ground can it be rejected by the organization.

Victor
22-02-2011, 10:32 AM
What happens if the air tickets, LTC80/Q in AirIndia is booked through some other agencies other than three mentioned agencies. Is there any authorized answers for this. Whether this ground can it be rejected by the organization.

It depends on the PAO. In our department, the charges levied by the agent are not reimubrsed. The balance amount is reimbursed.

Victor

panbuu
23-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Is there any valid/written proof for LTC can be claimed with out utilizing the three agents??!!

panbuu
08-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I have traveled Bangalore to Srinagar by air on 10th dec 2010. I have not booked the tickets through the mentioned three agencies(but traveled by AI/IA LTC Q/80 only). On this basis my LTC reimbursement was not given to me and also they started deducting the amount which I received as advance from the office along with penalty. Here pity is that they started dedecuting full amount from my salary (my home take become less than Rs.1000/=). I do not know is there any rule to come out of this situation. Kindly any one let me know.

SumeetG
16-05-2011, 10:37 AM
I am also having similar predicament. But as enquired from our pao they have referred the case to aviation ministry or somebody as there are many similar cases. Let us see what is the outcome. Meanwhile if somebody has some concrete information pls let us know.
Thanks.

dasguptakinshuk
16-05-2011, 08:29 PM
I need one clarification. I have taken LTC to home town in 2010. Can I take LTC to other than home town in 2011 (As the block for other than home town is 2010-13)?

Victor
17-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I need one clarification. I have taken LTC to home town in 2010. Can I take LTC to other than home town in 2011 (As the block for other than home town is 2010-13)?

If you have availed LTC for visiting Hometown in 2010 against the block year 2010-11 then you can avail the next LTC to visit Hometown/Anywhere in India in 2012-13.

Victor

Sunita
19-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Sir,

Can AILTC be availed by non entitled officials , from the official's Hqrs(chennai) to J& K by flight via Delhi. Is the flight journey restricted to Air India only or any other flights like Jet lite, Indigo etc can be availed for LTC. Does LTC 80 be applicable to jet lite also if so can it be taken from chennai to J & K

Victor
20-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Sir,

Can AILTC be availed by non entitled officials , from the official's Hqrs(chennai) to J& K by flight via Delhi. Is the flight journey restricted to Air India only or any other flights like Jet lite, Indigo etc can be availed for LTC. Does LTC 80 be applicable to jet lite also if so can it be taken from chennai to J & K

Kindly refer to OM dated 18/6/2010 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/31011_2_2003-Estt.(A-IV).pdf) in this regard.

All officials are entitled to avail LTC to visit J&K against conversion of one block of Home Town LTC.

Officials not entitled to travel by air have to travel from the place of posting to Delhi or Amritsar by Train. From Delhi/Amritsar they can travel by air to J&K by any airline including private airlines. The fare would be restricted to LTC-80 fare of Air India.

Victor

deepkumarvs
26-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Dear Pathakji and Victorji

I have applied for LTC advance well in advance but the PAO didn’t pay the advance though it was sanctioned by the authority. The authority didn’t place any condition about the booking of Air Tickets but laid down a condition, ‘travel only by Air India’ in the sanction order. As planned, I have utilized the LTC (Bangalore – Delhi) in Dec. 2010 managing my resources. My office forwarded the LTC bill with necessary sanction to PAO for payment but the PAO returned it with comment ‘Not admissible’ since the tickets were not booked through the authorized agents. Now, my office is in a dilemma to decide the course of action on the bill returned.

Please suggest me some thing to settle my claim and to get back my money spent in anticipation.

Victor
27-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Dear Pathakji and Victorji

I have applied for LTC advance well in advance but the PAO didn’t pay the advance though it was sanctioned by the authority. The authority didn’t place any condition about the booking of Air Tickets but laid down a condition, ‘travel only by Air India’ in the sanction order. As planned, I have utilized the LTC (Bangalore – Delhi) in Dec. 2010 managing my resources. My office forwarded the LTC bill with necessary sanction to PAO for payment but the PAO returned it with comment ‘Not admissible’ since the tickets were not booked through the authorized agents. Now, my office is in a dilemma to decide the course of action on the bill returned.

Please suggest me some thing to settle my claim and to get back my money spent in anticipation.

Kindly refer to MOF OM dated 16/9/2010 in this regard (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/dept_expenditure/notification/tour_ltc/Guideline_airtravel_16sept2010.pdf).

The OM clearly says that air tickets "MAY BE" purchased directly from Airlines or by utilising the services of Authorized Travel Agents. The phrase "MAY BE" is discretionary and does not imply that tickets "should" only be purchased directly from Airlines or from agents. The spirit behind this provision is to provide a facility to govt. servants to enable them to purchase tickets. The reimbursement in any case has to be restricted to LTC-80 fare. You may represent to your admin.

Victor

deepkumarvs
27-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Dear Victorji

Thnak you very much. I will represent again as suggested.

With regards

V.S.Deep Kumar

SumeetG
05-09-2011, 03:23 PM
This order from defence accounts

http://www.cgda.nic.in/adm/ltcticket240811.pdf

seems to be the starting of bringing down of curtain on many person's hope, including mine.
But in my opinion it seems to be quite wrong as prior to the clarification of 4th march 2011,
http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/dept_expenditure/notification/tour_ltc/Guideline_airtravel_04mar2011.pdf
persons, places where B & L and Ashok travels are not there, were having the option of buying tickets from Air india counters only. As through web u could not get ltc 80 ticket which was a mandatory condition.

Lets hope for some light, our PAO is also saying that they have asked civil aviation for clarification.

SumeetG
05-09-2011, 03:32 PM

seems to be the starting of bringing down of curtain on many person's hope, including mine.
But in my opinion it seems to be quite wrong as prior to the clarification of 4th march 2011,
http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/dept_expenditure/notification/tour_ltc/Guideline_airtravel_04mar2011.pdf
persons, places where B & L and Ashok travels are not there, were having the option of buying tickets from Air india counters only. As through web u could not get ltc 80 ticket which was a mandatory condition.

Lets hope for some light, our PAO is also saying that they have asked civil aviation for clarification.

RKPATHAK
07-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Kindly intimate whether you purchased the ticket directly from the counter of Air India/Govt agents, i.e. Ashok Tours & Travels Ltd/Balmer & Lawrie

svsankar
12-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Friends,
the airtickets for LTC should be booked through authorised travel agents viz..(viz is a specific and not infinite term) Balmer & Laurie or Ashoka Travels...which means you can book through airline office, online website with your credit card etc.., balmer laurie or ashoka and not anybody else..if you are doing so is is possible that your claim will be rejected in toto....(the meaning of MAY BE is also the same need not have any doubt).

ramanrao60
23-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Balmer Lawrie is charging educational cess on Air india ltc ticket fares,is the same reimbursable?
example printed ticket cost is rs 37078 but bill is for rs 37198, pl cite rule

panbuu
03-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Since I have not booked the air tickets through authorized agents, in my office they have completely cancelled my LTC trip and even cancelled my EL claim also. Can anyone guide me in this regard?

Victor
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Since I have not booked the air tickets through authorized agents, in my office they have completely cancelled my LTC trip and even cancelled my EL claim also. Can anyone guide me in this regard?

Kindly refer to CGDA Circular dated 24.8.2011 in this regard (http://www.cgda.nic.in/adm/ltcticket240811.pdf).

Unfortunately, it appears that tickets have to be booked from airlines directly or through authorised agents only. Although, I fail to understand that when journey through private airlines has been allowed in some cases and reimbursement in any case (govt. or private airlines) has to be restricted to LTC-80 fare then why the restriction that tickets have to be booked through 'authorised' agents only.

Victor

RKPATHAK
04-01-2012, 09:18 AM
The contention of your PAO is not in order. Though it is desireable that a GS to purchase ticket directly from Airlines or through Ashok Tour & Travels/Balmer & Lawrie but it is not mandatory. You may represent

SumeetG
23-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I think the best way out under the present circumstances, as has also been suggested to me by our PAO, is that to ask finance ministry through your depatment/ministry for one time exemption as probably this order was not circulated by your department. This seems to be the best way out. As going into the right or wrongs is not going to solve anything. I have taken this route let me see what is the outcome. Wish me good luck & happy new year to all. Thanks.

subratabasu555
27-01-2012, 03:04 PM
We are Central Government Employees. We have planned to go from Kolkata to Jammu or Srinagar via New Delhi or Amritsar and will return from Leh to Kolkata via New Delhi or Amritsar. We will travel from Jammu or Srinagar to Leh by road. I will claim the fares from Kolkata to Jammu/Srinagar via New Delhi/Amritsar and from Leh to Kolkata via New Delhi/Amritsar.

Now confusion has been raised. The opinion is that I will not get reimbursement of the fares for the journeys so planned. I will have to travel from Kolkata to either Jammu or Srinagar or Leh via New Delhi/Amritsar and return through the same route, e.g., Kolkata – Jammu – Kolkata OR Kolkata – Srinagar - Kolkata OR Kolkata – Leh - Kolkata, to get the fares reimbursed against LTC or the conversion of the Hometown LTC.

(i) Now I want to get clarification whether I will be reimbursed of the fares as per my planned journey?

It has already been clarified that one can avail of the airfare if he simply claims reimbursement of LTC, i.e., one does not need to convert the Hometown LTC vide AN/XIV/14162/VIth CPC/Circular/Vol-IV Dated: 28/12/2011 issued by Sri R. K. Bhatt (for CGDA). In this order it has been mentioned that the Dop&T has clarified vide its OM No. 31011/8/2010-Estt.(A) dated 21st December 2011 that "a Government employee can avail All India LTC to visit J&K by air and those who are not entitled to travel by air may be allowed to travel by air to a city in the J&K from Delhi or Amritsar. And journey upto Delhi/Amritsar will have to be taken as per their entitlement”. But the said DoP&T order is not available in the internet.

(ii) Whether this order / clarification are valid for other Central Government employees? It will be much helpful if I get a copy of the said order.

Can anybody give some clarification as well as the referred OM.

sinha_audit
27-01-2012, 07:32 PM
We are Central Government Employees. We have planned to go from Kolkata to Jammu or Srinagar via New Delhi or Amritsar and will return from Leh to Kolkata via New Delhi or Amritsar. We will travel from Jammu or Srinagar to Leh by road. I will claim the fares from Kolkata to Jammu/Srinagar via New Delhi/Amritsar and from Leh to Kolkata via New Delhi/Amritsar.

Now confusion has been raised. The opinion is that I will not get reimbursement of the fares for the journeys so planned. I will have to travel from Kolkata to either Jammu or Srinagar or Leh via New Delhi/Amritsar and return through the same route, e.g., Kolkata – Jammu – Kolkata OR Kolkata – Srinagar - Kolkata OR Kolkata – Leh - Kolkata, to get the fares reimbursed against LTC or the conversion of the Hometown LTC.

(i) Now I want to get clarification whether I will be reimbursed of the fares as per my planned journey?

It has already been clarified that one can avail of the airfare if he simply claims reimbursement of LTC, i.e., one does not need to convert the Hometown LTC vide AN/XIV/14162/VIth CPC/Circular/Vol-IV Dated: 28/12/2011 issued by Sri R. K. Bhatt (for CGDA). In this order it has been mentioned that the Dop&T has clarified vide its OM No. 31011/8/2010-Estt.(A) dated 21st December 2011 that "a Government employee can avail All India LTC to visit J&K by air and those who are not entitled to travel by air may be allowed to travel by air to a city in the J&K from Delhi or Amritsar. And journey upto Delhi/Amritsar will have to be taken as per their entitlement”. But the said DoP&T order is not available in the internet.

(ii) Whether this order / clarification are valid for other Central Government employees? It will be much helpful if I get a copy of the said order.

Can anybody give some clarification as well as the referred OM.

Your information regarding the provisions of the OM is correct.

You may be reimbursed for your journey as planned, subject to the following limitation:

Taking that your declared place of visit is Leh, reimbursement for return journey Leh-Delhi (air)-Kolkata (train) is straight forward. Road journey from Jammu/Srinagar-Leh will be reimbursed only if the transportation is run by State/Central/PSU/Local body subject to the entitled class and further limited to actual paid fare of Leh-Delhi sector. It means that reimbursed fares on Delhi-Jammu/Srinagar + fare on Jammu/Srinagar-Leh by road will be limited to fare actually paid on Leh-Delhi (air).

PS: Congrats !! You have planned a dream itinerary !!

SumeetG
07-03-2013, 03:38 PM

sorry I could not reply earlier. But as I remarked earlier, applied to my ministry for one time exemption, they in turn got the same from fin min. The same was communicated to me & I got MY ltc bill cleared with this one time exemption. Thanks lord.

PS. Many other officers has also followed the same path in our department & got their LTC bills cleared.

deepkumarvs
07-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Dear Sumeetji

Will you please place the exemption order communicated.
It might help the persons who lost hopes of getting back
the ltc claims like me.

Deep Kumar

SumeetG
08-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Dear Sumeetji

Will you please place the exemption order communicated.
It might help the persons who lost hopes of getting back
the ltc claims like me.

Deep Kumar

deep ji,
I will try to get the copy or the copy of such a similar case. I am not having copy of my own, thats why I got so late in the first instance to post regarding settling of my ltc claim.
It may take a few days. Pls let me see.

deepkumarvs
15-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Sumeet ji

Thank u. Pl. try to place at least one exemption order.

regds

Deep Kumar VS

SumeetG
17-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Sumeet ji

Thank u. Pl. try to place at least one exemption order.

regds

Deep Kumar VS

sorry for late reply.

I am trying but am not able to upload/attach file.

panbuu
27-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Mr.SumeetG
please mail me your corresponding letters to me. since I have lost all my claims booking through other than the specified agents. my mail id is [email protected] contact number is 09611018018.

SumeetG
18-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Mr.SumeetG
please mail me your corresponding letters to me. since I have lost all my claims booking through other than the specified agents. my mail id is [email protected] contact number is 09611018018.

sorry, I saw ur mail today only. I will communicate u the details soon.

SumeetG
19-12-2013, 10:19 AM
sorry, I saw ur mail today only. I will communicate u the details soon.

I have sent the ministry order to ur email address. I hope this will be of some help.Pls. feel free if any further assistance is required.