PDA

View Full Version : Child Care Leave for male employees - Model Representation

Ramnath
09-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Dear friends (male colleagues),
I have uploaded a model application for Child care Leave extension to male employees (Also available in my blog: onlyparity.blogspot.com) . I think it has to be addressed to the Director (as the letter has been signed by the Director of DOPT). It may be addressed to the Secretary/Joint Secretary or Director (before sending, you may get the opinion of Gconect boarders) as to whom it should be addressed to.

I request everyone concerned to add any other valid points before submission. They may customise the application according to their specific requirement/need.

Pl. do remember that this cannot be said to be leave specific to female (as this is not Maternity Leave which men can never avail) and child care (especially after the child crosses tender age) is the joint responsibility of both the parents.

Pl. do send your representation through proper channel to DOPT. This is only a draft application. Just wait for one week to 10 days for others' opinions and final application to be uploaded. Meanwhile, those who wish to add something may give their opinion in the comments to this posting.

All the best.
Ramnath

MODEL APPLICATION FOR CHILD CARE LEAVE TO BE ADDRESSED TO DOPT

To
The Director (P&A),
Department of Personnel & Training,
New Delhi.

Sir,

Sub: Request for extension of Child Care Leave to male employees ? Regarding.
---

Please refer DOPT's Office Memorandum No.13018/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated: 11th September, 2008 granting Child Care Leave & Office Memorandum No.13018/1/2010-Estt. (Leave) dated 7th September, 2010 relaxing the conditions for availing Child Care Leave by female employees of Government of India. In this regard, I submit the following few lines for extension of child care leave to male employees:-

1)Child care is joint/collective responsibility of both men and women especially after child crosses the tender age and hence extension of the same to either of the parents will render justice. By extending the leave only to female employees, the male employees are absolved of their duties/responsibility towards theire children.

2)As per Guardians Act, 1956, father is the primary guardian of the child.

3)Child care leave is an additional facility (unlike maternity leave which can be availed only by the female employees) to take care of children at the time of specific needs like sickness, examination, etc.

4)It is a fact in many of the offices, male employees avail Earned Leave during the examinations/sickness of their chidlren. For instance, in my case, my 2nd daughter has not been in good health since the 1st week of August, 2010 and she had to be admitted at Hospital (proof enclosed) from _____ for treatment. I had to avail Earned Leave for ___ from_____ to____ and visit Doctors for OP treatment on many days in the mornings/evenings frequently.

5)When situation/need being similar irrespective of being male or female parent to take care of children, only male employee has to avail/exhaust Earned Leave in times of need due to lack of such facility. Hence, extension of Child Care Leave to both parents will be of great help to them.

6)Also, there are many male employees who are single(whose wives have expired) or male employees whose wives work in organizations where child care leave is not in existence and extension of child care leave will be be immense help to them.

7)Extension of child care leave to both parents will boost the morale of male employees in the work place as the sense of feeling of being left out will vanish.

Taking these into consideration, it is requested to extend the child care leave to both parents (by including male employees) being better half.

Yours faithfully,
________
Sexy_Island_Girl (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Sexy_Island_Girl)

Hyd_AG_Employee
10-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Ramnath.........who can correct (or add) your DFAs ????

RKPATHAK
10-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Ram Nath has nicely drafted the letter, and it is our duty to get it typed at our own and send it to DOPT, with necessary corrections, if we feel it necessary

Ramnath
10-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Dear Hyd_AG employee,
I had prepared this application to be presented by myself keeping in mind the situation of mine. My 2nd daughter was hospitalised and I had to avail EL for taking care of her. If I had been female employee, I would have got ccl. Gender decides the benefits? This is totally discriminatory.

I request all boarders of gconnect, who wish to represent may customise the representation according to their situation/need and send that to DOPT with copy to confederation.

Lets hope for the best.
Ramnath
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

RKPATHAK
11-11-2010, 01:27 PM
This is what I suggested

prabha
11-11-2010, 04:15 PM
In my opinion child care leave could be extended to either of the two ie. the rule should be that any one of the two can claim and the total leave should not exceed 2 years and the deptt of either of parents can take the account of child care leave availed till date from the other deptt.

RKPATHAK
11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I agree with Prabha