PDA

View Full Version : Fax Machine -Purchase

R K Rao
06-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Dear Sirs,

I recently purchased a 21" Videocon Color TV. Though the model and appearance is good, I am not happy with the sound because there is some distortion. As the same is under warranty, I have written to their Corporate office because despite visit twice by their engineer, the same has not been set right. I donot know what will happen - ie. whether it will be set right or I will be left to live with it.

Now, I wish to purchase a Fax-cum-Printer for a PC to gift. I have a budget of Rs. 4000/- in mind. Can I get one within the above budget? What all I should check and which brand is preferable (by experience of users).

[before somebody points out to me that this is not the right forum, I consider it right forum because it is here that we get considered advice from learned friends/seniors and also because of my bad experience with the CTV].

Any advice/ suggestion(s) welcome.

Regards

RK

tvenkatam
06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Dear Friend,

Following is the extract from PriceReview.co.in :

HP J3500 Printer price in India

When we want to buy a printer then we have many things in our mind like printer cost must be in budget, fine output, could be used any where? Hp offers an unlimited, All in one solution for your all type of jobs like print, copy, can and fax also HP J3500 can be placed where it is suitable for you, on your desk or at the corner of your office. It got dimension of 354.0 x 396.0 x 209.6mm. Its approx weight is 8.8 kg.

This printer has internal memory of 32 MB. The standard printing languages used in this printer is Lightweight Imaging Device Interface Language (LIDIL).HP J3500 is a faster printer if we compare to its price and other same rate products. It take less than 8 second for first the print out. Average monthly duty cycle of this product is above 1500 pages.

Now you can copy, fax and scan with only one machine. It produce a fax copy with in 3 sec. The best scanning resolution of this printer is Up to 1200 dpi. With auto document feeder capacity it has 20 sheet scan.

It supports all types of operating systems like Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows 2000, Windows Foundation Server 2008, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard Edition; Linux. It got only Hi - Speed USB 2.0 interface connectivity.

Pros-
- Print, Copy, Fax, Scan with one machine
- An astounding monthly turnover
- Excellent colour output
- Fast scan and fax speed(3 Sec)
- Economical good in cost

Cons-
- No other option of connectivity
- Monthly duty cycle is very less.

Price:Rs.5640
Manufacturer:HP
Specifications: Print speed (PPM):Up to 15 ppm (Black A4)
Printing technology:Inkjet
Duty cycle:Up to 1500 pages
Processor speed:NA
Memory (RAM):16MB Hard disk capacity:None
Weight & Dimensions Weight:3.91 kg
Dimensions:425.5 x 204 x 330 mm
Connectivity Standard connectivity:1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Optional connectivity:None

RKPATHAK
07-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Fax machine of HP is good. You can also check cannon. So far as the tv is concerned it is the responsibility of the company to set it right or replace it. You may approach consumer forum or mrtp for relief

R K Rao
07-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Fax machine of HP is good. You can also check cannon. So far as the tv is concerned it is the responsibility of the company to set it right or replace it. You may approach consumer forum or mrtp for relief

Mr Pathak,

Thank you, Sir. By the way, what is meant by mrtp?

Regards

RKR

R K Rao
07-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Shri Venkatam Sir,

Thank you for the detailed reply. I think I need look no further but to just cut and print your mail and take it to the HP dealer - It is so illustrative. and the Price is almost within my budget.

Thanks again, Sir.

Regards

RKR