View Full Version : Counting Service of Previous Dept...! Need a Clarification...!

27-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I need a suggestion & guidance from u regarding one service matter…

One of My friend, who is working as LDC at present...

1. Prior to his joining in our department he was working as LDC in General reserve Engineer force (integral part of Indian army but a civilian employee).
2. He joined there in 21 Oct 88.
3. After six month training at the GREF Training Centre, He was posted to North east region and proceed on leave to his native.
4. During his leave period, he noticed the SSC advertisement and sent his application directly to the SSC and sent intimation to his future office where he has to join.
5. After SSC formalities were over, he got his appointment order from New Office at Jorhat.
6. But when he asked for the technical resignation the then commanding officer denied.
7. He simply resigned on 16 April 1992(AN) & 17th Sunday joined at New Office at Jorhat on 18-04-1992
8. During 2004, he sent a request to his Directorate to count his previous service for pay benefit.
9. Buy they refused to do the same stating that he had obtained mere resignation instead of technical resignation.
10. Now under these circumstances what he can do?
11. Is there any grievance cell for considering this case?
12. Or else... Where can he approach...? Pls guide...!

27-10-2010, 12:50 PM
As he resigned from his previous office, no benefits are admissible.


27-10-2010, 06:52 PM
It is imperative to resign on "technical basis" for the previous service to be counted towards the total length of service. In the instant case, he should have routed his application through the then employer, i.e., the army. The motive is, present employer should be in the know of the employer's efforts towards career progression.
Hence, in this case, no benefit regarding the length of service may be allowed.

27-10-2010, 09:08 PM
In the present case he has not intimated his office about his having applied for SSC therefore was asked to tender resignation instead of technical resignation. As such past service cannot be counted.

Raj Kishore Sharma
28-10-2010, 09:33 PM
As he himself writes that his friend sent application directly to the SSC and subsequently intimated his future office where was to join, it is clear that he violated the rules. He was very much right to send application directly (any serving employee can send application for another post directly to a service commission or service selection board after simply intimating his higher authorities) but he did commit two mistakes - first he should have informed before applying which he did after sending application and second, instead of his present office he intimated to his future office.
Hence he was not allowed to tender technical resignation and for the same reason, i.e., he tendered resignation, his past service can not be counted.

Raj Kishore Sharma

31-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I fully agree with the other replies.

Even in the advertisement given by SSC, it will be categorically told that the serving employees shall send the application through proper channel only. However, in case of emergency, the applications can be sent directly but proper intimation shall be given to the employer where the candidate presently work.

In the above case, since the candidate has not followed the above procedure, he can not get his past service counted in the new service.

gowri shankar wuriti
16-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Prior intimation is required to the present employer even if we are applying for UPSC/SSC/ANY BOARD. And your friend has tendered resignation in place of technical resignation. Hence his past service will not be considered.